New manager

reykjavik

Zdenek Zemen is the man to get, his ultra attacking tactics will at least see us attack and if we do lose it be 5-3 or something so much better than 0-2

And guess what happens when you lose 5-3 every week.....thats zero points and GD of minus 76....even Lambert couldnt match that, or could he?

hell of a lot better than 1 shot on target every game

Have we really had that many?.....i always seem to go for for a pee at the wrong time! :)

• Like 1

This thread is far too depressing to read. Its full of managers that could breathe a massive breath of life back into the club but we all know not a single one of them is coming because Lambert will not be sacked.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I dont think these calls for an ex-player for the 'feel good factor' are sensible.

We wreak of the Newcastle team which went down. They appointed Shearer to 'lift the fans' and get them over the line. We all know how that worked out.

For Colochini see Vlaar

For Smith see Delph

For Martins see Benteke

For N'Zogbia...see N'Zogbia

For Habib Beye see Cissokho

For Duff see Cole

For Owen see Gabby (ok, not a good one..but symbolic of a player who was all about pace who was of less use when that went)
For Guthrie see Westwood
For Bassong see Okore

For R.Taylor see Lowton

Fpr Ameobi see Kozak

For Viduka see Bent

For Butt see Sanchez

For Gutierrez see Gil

For S.Taylor see Clark

Ashley couldn't sell the club for love nor money that year despite publicly putting the club for sale

Edited by Djemba_Villan

I dont think these calls for an ex-player for the 'feel good factor' are sensible.

We wreak of the Newcastle team which went down. They appointed Shearer to 'lift the fans' and get them over the line. We all know how that worked out.

For Colochini see Vlaar

For Smith see Delph

For Martins see Benteke

For Duff see Cole

For Owen see Gabby (ok, not a good one..but symbolic of a player who was all about pace who was of less use when that went)

For Guthrie see Westwood

For Bassong see Okore

For R.Taylor see Lowton

Fpr Ameobi see Kozak

For Viduka see Bent

For Butt see Sanchez

For Gutierrez see Gil

Ashley couldn't sell the club for love nor money that year despite publicly putting the club for sale

I don't think any of those references are particularly good to be honest.

For Colochini see Vlaar - leader + major cog of national team

For Smith see Delph - at the time Smith was getting rave reviews for his box-box style

For Martins see Benteke - Striker with big reputation but fizzled out

For N'Zogbia...see N'Zogbia - stroppy winger

For Habib Beye see Cissokho - Absolutely bog standard 5/10 full back

For Duff see Cole - old has-been wide player 'playmaker'

For Guthrie see Westwood - Average young central midfielder destined to be championship standard

For Bassong see Okore - promising CB who needed experience

For R.Taylor see Lowton - Attacking full back

Fpr Ameobi see Kozak - Injury prone big striker

For Viduka see Bent - washed  up previously free-scoring striker

For Butt see Sanchez - Steady CM who doesn't keep up with the pace of the premier league

For Gutierrez see Gil - flair player bought on to solve everyones woes.

Oh. Ah well, worth a go...i'll give some justification

Edited by Djemba_Villan

He wouldn't be my first choice either but beggars can't be choosers and he's someone I think Randy would entertain given that he's had past Premier experience. If it was up to me I'd try and get Slaven Bilić because I think he's someone who'd have an immediate impact to get us out this mess we're in, and at the same time he would be a good long-term addition.

Edited by useless

I would look to get in Sherwood till the end of the season with a tidy bonus if he keeps us up.

then start fresh in the Summer, ideally someone like Laudrup, but would he really come to us with the position we are in?

at least with Sherwood if we do get relegated then "the damage was already done" and it doesnt harm any future jobs. if he keeps us up then it just raises his stock.

I would look to get in Sherwood till the end of the season .

Taking over this Villa side, in this position would be an incredibly hard sell, no-one in their right mind would do it with only a 4 month contract.

I would look to get in Sherwood till the end of the season with a tidy bonus if he keeps us up.

then start fresh in the Summer, ideally someone like Laudrup, but would he really come to us with the position we are in?

at least with Sherwood if we do get relegated then "the damage was already done" and it doesnt harm any future jobs. if he keeps us up then it just raises his stock.

So we have to sack Lambert, employ Sherwood, give him a bonus if we stay up and then get Laudrup in......do you not realise just how much that would cost?.......if only we'd spent that much in the last transfer window we may have been in a slightly better position now!

So we have to sack Lambert, employ Sherwood, give him a bonus if we stay up and then get Laudrup in......do you not realise just how much that would cost?.......if only we'd spent that much in the last transfer window we may have been in a slightly better position now!

I agree its not ideal, but it would still cost a lot less than if we were to get relegated, especially with the new TV deal,

with the money premier league teams get from (I think) next season................. we simply cannot afford to get relegated.

Edited by DrUnKeNbUm

For Colochini see Vlaar

For Smith see Delph

For Martins see Benteke

For Duff see Cole

For Guthrie see Westwood

For Bassong see Okore

For R.Taylor see Lowton

Fpr Ameobi see Kozak

For Viduka see Bent

For Butt see Sanchez

For Gutierrez see Gil

I think the N'Zogbia one rings true.

I agree its not ideal, but it would still cost a lot less than if we were to get relegated, especially with the new TV deal,

with the money premier league teams get from (I think) next season................. we simply cannot afford to get relegated.

That would be great if you could guarantee it...but you cant and thats the reason that it wont happen IMO.....as much as I dislike Pulis, I think he was the one who could have got us out of the mire. Alas, its too late now!

• Like 1

I think we think to long term - all this cobblers about 5 years plans, DOF, CCO etc - Right now we need a bloke who kick the players up the backside - get a reaction - and get us over the line......If next season the ass kicker of manager starts to flounder - address it then.

We seems to be paralysed in these long term strategies - as of 11/02/2014 there is a management problem at villa - get off the fence address it now

Edited by smetrov