What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Bloody Sugar Babes - I don't know which one they all sound the same.

Bloody Radio 1

That time of the month again?

What Radio 1's crap music day? Yeah seems so

That time of the month for bloody sugababes? ;)

Don't know the name, but it's Talking Heads, and it starts off like this: "Home...is where I wanna be..." Very cool tune.

"This must be the place (naïve melody)" - Its on the album "Speaking in Tongues", its also on the best of talking heads

And you are right, it is a great tune

edited for appalling typing by blandy

Mentioned this song earlier in the thread. I just had to post the youtube link after BOF's Green Fields of France link. I think O'Connel's delivery of this emotive song is unsurpassed.

The song is lifted from a collection of letters found in a chap's grandfather's New York attic after he died in the 1970's. The letters, written to his grandfather from his father in Ireland span 30 years from 1860.

Kilkelly

Mentioned this song earlier in the thread. I just had to post the youtube link after BOF's Green Fields of France link. I think O'Connel's delivery of this emotive song is unsurpassed.

The song is lifted from a collection of letters found in a chap's grandfather's New York attic after he died in the 1970's. The letters, written to his grandfather from his father in Ireland span 30 years from 1860.

Kilkelly

Wow, the latest comment on the page sums it up. Goosebumps. Thanks for posting it :thumb: Particularly poignant is the reference to the poor potato harvest. It being merely a decade after the potate famine that wiped out most of our population.

Kilkelly

Wow, the latest comment on the page sums it up. Goosebumps. Thanks for posting it :thumb: Particularly poignant is the reference to the poor potato harvest. It being merely a decade after the potate famine that wiped out most of our population.

Cheers BOF, I first heard that song 15 years ago & found it again the other day after much youtube searching (couldn't remember the title). Each time I listen to it I find something new to well up about. Here's a bit of background to the song:

Pat McNamara

Â