What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Some might say this is one of the greatest songs ever written, me, I am some.

You really could put John Cale just places below Richatrd Burton in the list of great Welsh Orator in the arts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This is the last of the opening / walk on / lights down music for Alabama 3.

You get the usual 20 / 30 minutes of generic techno building in volume, then it’s lights down and Down To The Water.

Thrillingly, the guy I was stood next to on Saturday night had never heard it before and certainly never heard it stood in darkness having just dad danced to 20 minutes of generic techno. I think my pleasure was in seeing how bowled over he was.

It’s the simple things in life, eh.

spacer.png

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This is the last of the opening / walk on / lights down music for Alabama 3.

You get the usual 20 / 30 minutes of generic techno building in volume, then it’s lights down and Down To The Water.

Thrillingly, the guy I was stood next to on Saturday night had never heard it before and certainly never heard it stood in darkness having just dad danced to 20 minutes of generic techno. I think my pleasure was in seeing how bowled over he was.

It’s the simple things in life, eh.

I think its one of those songs that its hard not to like, you would have to have hugely entrenched music taste not to get something out of it. That said, I have the soundtrack to Oh Brother Where Art Thou and find the entire thing faultless.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think its one of those songs that its hard not to like, you would have to have hugely entrenched music taste not to get something out of it. That said, I have the soundtrack to Oh Brother Where Art Thou and find the entire thing faultless.

Yep, same.

The ratio of quality of soundtrack to overall quality of film was won hands down there by the CD.

You Are My Sunshine, was a regular on those mixtape exchanges that were a thing a few years back.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Yep, same.

The ratio of quality of soundtrack to overall quality of film was won hands down there by the CD.

You Are My Sunshine, was a regular on those mixtape exchanges that were a thing a few years back.

I may have put it on one to you, I only say that as it was and remains one of my favourite songs and I try to shoehorn it on to everything. 

• Like 1

Â