What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

The National - Theory of the Crows.

Loved Boxer and Alligator, their earlier stuff is a lot more country twinged and maybe lacks the more... anthemic is the best word I suppose... songs of those albums but good all the same. I really enjoy this song in particular.

Loved Boxer and Alligator, their earlier stuff is a lot more country twinged and maybe lacks the more... anthemic is the best word I suppose... songs of those albums but good all the same. I really enjoy this song in particular.

Is it worth getting the earlier albums then Chindie?

I cherish Boxer and Alligator, but have always heard their earlier stuff isn't quite as good, so I've never bothered to check it out.

They're a lot slower, much more country. Rather than that straight up cynical energy Alligator and Boxer have, the earlier albums are more sat in the dark with a drink and a regret. Especially the debut self titled album, from the couple of listens I've had. Both albums have a few glimpses to what they would end up doing later on, but it's still a slightly different sound. They are weaker for sure imo.

If you really like the National, I'd take a gamble and have a listen. There's a few songs that'll grab you, in my case Lucky You and Theory of the Crows. I definitely think they are grower albums, there isn;t as much of that instant hit that Boxer and Alligator had with songs like Mistaken for Strangers, Ada, City Middle etc.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name

?

Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil... tune

I havn't listened to that in ages, forgot just how much of a fantastic track it is!

Â