Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

Nice edit Lancs :wink:

JC, it's easy to rubbish all the players we are linked to. 'Malbranque has been poor this season', 'Gera is built up by the tabloids', 'Parker only had half a good season at Charlton', 'Keane is too unpredictable', 'Yakubu was rubbish against us', 'Berger is old', 'Huth is reckless'...these are some of the comments on the site. They are some of the better players in the league, they are all better than Hendrie, Hitz, Berson, Moore, Cole, Ridgewell IMO. In the end we will run out of targets because no player we 'chase' is perfect.

I'd say all the players linked so far would be improve the squad. They may be built up by the media, they may have bad patches, they may not destroy Villa, but they're better than what we have.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malbranque has been poor all season

Well JC, im a big JPA fan (the footballer). His season hasnt been all that, but we all know he is class.

In an ideal world?

Bernard on a free.

Parker.

Yakubu.

Gera.

Svensson

I'd take Svensson, the ginger one from Southampton. Been out for most of the season, but he'll be cheap if they go down and he's one of the better defenders around.

And Parker is off to Birmingham City, too.

By the way, I think Berger will be a good addition to the squad. And I suggest everyone would be happy with two of the players I've been told there is interest in.

To take this thread into something useful other than "wE shud buY verporkasis he ROX on CM", I think you need to think about where the team needs improving. You've got the full backs - Samuel will be back fine when he can rest and get the injury treated but Delaney can be sold and replaced with that money. You've got a striker situation (I wouldn't say no to Keane) and an obvious problem in creating (something DO'L knows about!). And I'll be honest, my patience is wearing thin with Tommy. But David will stick with him, I think.

According to 'Arry at Southampton speaking on Skysports last Friday Kevin Phillips turned down a £2mill switch to Villa during the window. DOL has always been an admirer and I wonder if he will go back in for him in the summer, or with money to spend he will turn his attentions on to someone else. I would like Villa to get Parker, not sure about Phillips due to his age, I'd prefer Keane. Forget Gera, go for Boa Morte instead.

If we're talking strikers,

You come back to the wages problem with people like Bellamy.

Phillips is too old to be considered as anything but a plan B.

Yakubu will be too expensive.

I think a Euro import is the most likely for a striker, and as I've said before, Riki of Getafe would be high on my list.

Lexicon, we need a bastard to the opposition, not a bastard to the players in the Villa team. Blackburn are in for him by all accounts, and I really hope they get him. Surely DOL wouldn't be so stupid as to buy a d*ckhead like Bellamy. i hope not anyway.