Scotland vs England

TRS-T

I don't know where the Scotland who recently gave Germany a game went.

To be fair Germany seem to be suffering a world cup hangover, held also by ROI and spanked in Poland and againt Argentina.

That result was more about an out of form Germany rather than the great jock performance some made out.

That was a bit too easy. Expected much better from Scotland.

Why? This is their best side in years and years but they're still Scotland.

Another good performance from England. IF (big IF) they reach their potential they could do things. A work progressing nicely.

Yes theres a gulf in class between the sides and Scotland were probably tired after the Ireland game.

Well that was disappointing!  The problem with Scotland is that we don't have any 'stars' in our ranks and it takes a considerable team effort to win games.  There isn't a Rooney or a Bale who can just turn a game on it's head. 

We do have some decent attacking options but the defence appear to be stuck in the Berti Vogts era of cloggers who can't play with the ball at their feet in any capacity and that was the difference tonight.  Criminal defending for each of the goals cost us but we were outplayed all over the pitch in honesty.

Fair play to Woy - he got his tactics spot on tonight and the way England pressed all over the pitch was particularly impressive.

Hardly saw Naismith tonight and he's been brilliant so far this season for club and country, just couldn't get into the game today at all, big Martin looked a bit out of his depth upfront aswell.

England played well. They're in a tricky position however of winning and winning well...yet it all really comes down to how the do in the first knockout game in 18 months time in France 2016 (given a few 3rd place teams go through they'll get out of the group this time). That's when proper progress can be measured.

Scotland play him similarly, he was popping up in midfield plenty tonight but just couldn't influence the game.

He's the one Scot who is doing it at the business end of the premier league so I suppose the closest they have to a Bale if you get my drift.

Really like the way England press the ball now, it's not something that I recall england teams soon as aggressively in recent years but it makes sense seeing as we've got a lot of athletic players who can cover the ground quickly. Still not convinced we have the quality of players to match the best teams in Europe but pleasing to see that we're trying to get our own identity at least

I thought England were good last night, Wilshere who I havent been a fan of for a while now also impressed me which was great.

Pretty wierd feeling watching a team I support play well and win.

I think I was happy at the end of the game, difficult to say as I have no real frame of reference.

Also two questions about Woys apology for anti Ira chants at yesterdays game.

1 - These chants have been sung at every England away game for the last 20 years so why is Roy now apologsiing for them.

2 - He apologised if anyone was offended? Is the FA and Roy really apologising for offending the IRA?

Why have we had to apologise for the chants. Are the FA suggesting the Scots might be offended? Do the Scots support the terrorist organsiation that is the IRA, and therefore may be upset by the chants? If so, they should apologise to us for supporting such low lifes.

Ok I'm being sarcastic there, but I really don't get the apology, the song is sang at all England games.

It probably carries a bit of weight when it's sung at Celtic Park.   I think the apology comes from the fact that the England band were involved and they are official representatives of the Football Association (who Woy works for) so can be held accountable for their actions.   What this might mean is that the England band are dropped by the FA.   Every cloud, eh? 

Â