Paul Lambert

limpid

Unfortunately I think he'll be here come the first day of the next season regardless of what happens to us.

If he keeps us up, it'll be up to how the fans act at the last game of the season and probably season ticket sales, which is I think what saw McLiesh off.

Unfortunately I think he'll be here come the first day of the next season regardless of what happens to us.

If he keeps us up, it'll be up to how the fans act at the last game of the season and probably season ticket sales, which is I think what saw McLiesh off.

Things have changed since McLeish though. I think now the board really don't care about fan opinion and as long as he keeps us up, they're content with him being in the job. 

I tell you one thing, my F***** toys will be thrown out the pram if we go down this season. I will be Livid and even though Lerner may be the culprit in it all. I certainly wouldn't enjoy being in Lambert's shoes last day of the season. He will need armed guard off the pitch!!

He should be given hell even if we just manage to survive. The fact that he has dangled us over the edge of the cliff yet again is, in my belief, an absolute disgrace.

After the final whistle on the final day, all bets are off. Or when we are mathematically safe even, if that happens. Totally fine with that.

What...? When it's too late to do anything! Funny how people were saying "give him til xmas", then January and now the end of the season. Lambert is shot as a manager currently, whether the owner, fans, or just the size of the job being too much for him, it's obvious his day's are numbered. Even if we by some miracle start scoring the goals to keep us up most have had enough of the crap served up. Waiting til we are down before acting is pretty embarrassing in itself though in my opinion. Maybe it's just me but I'm not into the whole waiting until the horses bolted scenario!  

I tell you one thing, my F***** toys will be thrown out the pram if we go down this season. I will be Livid and even though Lerner may be the culprit in it all. I certainly wouldn't enjoy being in Lambert's shoes last day of the season. He will need armed guard off the pitch!!

He should be given hell even if we just manage to survive. The fact that he has dangled us over the edge of the cliff yet again is, in my belief, an absolute disgrace.

After the final whistle on the final day, all bets are off. Or when we are mathematically safe even, if that happens. Totally fine with that.

What...? When it's too late to do anything! Funny how people were saying "give him til xmas", then January and now the end of the season. Lambert is shot as a manager currently, whether the owner, fans, or just the size of the job being too much for him, it's obvious his day's are numbered. Even if we by some miracle start scoring the goals to keep us up most have had enough of the crap served up. Waiting til we are down before acting is pretty embarrassing in itself though in my opinion. Maybe it's just me but I'm not into the whole waiting until the horses bolted scenario!  

I don't think he's saying that Lambert should be given until the end of the season to save his job, I think he's saying that the abuse should wait until the end of the season and that in the mean time we should focus on getting behind the team.

How do you truly know a protest will be detrimental? How do you know that the pressure of the crowd won't eventually force the owner into making changes to the management and maybe giving us a chance to stay up should things get worse than what they are? Maybe Lerner will change his stance and expectancy level of the manager. And I think everyone understands the situation perfectly. If something doesn't change we will go down for the first time in nearly 30 years.

In my own opinion I don't see that after 3 years of absolute garbage football anyone will think toy's are being thrown from the pram. Most will think about time!

I don't give a crap about the media either and like you care about what the players think however this isn't about the players it's about the manager/owner. I think that the players can differentiate between themselves and the manager.

He won't sack him. A protest can ONLY be detrimental.

Every. Single. Game. Counts. Every moment, every kick. We cannot take that kind of risk. Full support is the only option, which is why after almost two years of staying away (lots of reasons by the way) I don't intend to miss a game if I can help it from now until the end.

This is MY club and I don't want to see her put in any more jeopardy than she already is.

You still didn't answer the detrimental bit however I love the bold. This is how I feel about the Villa but unlike you I would rather get rid of that which puts MY club in jeopardy.

Do you think we will stay up?

I don't think he's saying that Lambert should be given until the end of the season to save his job, I think he's saying that the abuse should wait until the end of the season and that in the mean time we should focus on getting behind the team.

Mantis I hear that. But say things continue like this past the 4-5 games do you honestly keep standing by watching OUR club get shafted up the arse until the end of the season and then start crying when it's too late? My point being that maybe if we are getting battered by Chelsea with 10 min left and no hope of getting back in the game, showing your displeasure to Lambert isn't going to impact a great deal on the rest of the season yet may shake things up.

Seems like nobody likes the boycott idea but if we go down we will most likely have attendances below 15k on a weekly basis. Isn't it better to do it now in the hope Lerner acts? Looking at our home record over the past 3 seasons I don't think fans support really makes that much difference.

Mantis I hear that. But say things continue like this past the 4-5 games do you honestly keep standing by watching OUR club get shafted up the arse until the end of the season and then start crying when it's too late? My point being that maybe if we are getting battered by Chelsea with 10 min left and no hope of getting back in the game, showing your displeasure to Lambert isn't going to impact a great deal on the rest of the season yet may shake things up.

Come on then, let's hear your master plan. Maybe you'll surprise me into crying early.

Dude, I think you've misunderstood. I'm not a fan of the manager and I think he should be sacked. No idea how you got confused there.

Yes, I think we will stay up. Just.

I know your not a fan of the manager but I'm questioning why you think the fan's shouldn't protest? I'm with you in supporting the players but no one is saying don't support them, but at what stage do you stay 'get the **** outta dodge Lambert'. Waiting until the end of the season before is pointless I think personally.

Dude, I think you've misunderstood. I'm not a fan of the manager and I think he should be sacked. No idea how you got confused there.

Yes, I think we will stay up. Just.

I know your not a fan of the manager but I'm questioning why you think the fan's shouldn't protest? I'm with you in supporting the players but no one is saying don't support them, but at what stage do you stay 'get the **** outta dodge Lambert'. Waiting until the end of the season before is pointless I think personally.

You can't support the players yet protest the manager. That has never been achieved in the history of this club. Of any club. The atmosphere will be toxic.

Lerner will not act. Even if he might it would take games worth of vitriol. We do not have that time, every point counts.

You've missed the boat by about 2 months.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

He should have gone last christmas

The amount of time he's been given to turn things round has been ridiculous he has more lives than a cat

Whether fans "stand by" or not, I can't see it having any effect on Lambert's position.

Come on then, let's hear your master plan. Maybe you'll surprise me into crying early.

I don't want you to cry at all! You might just start me off!!

Is there a master plan? I doubt it very much at the moment, especially with the current instability regarding our long term future. However I am struggling to believe that under Lambert we will improve very much in the coming games- Hope I'm wrong. Therefore I really think there needs to be an  awakening of some sort. Whether getting on Lamberts back will inspire the players to up their game, who knows? Whether lambert may then take notice of other voices asking for changes, who knows? Or even letting Lerner and Fox know this cannot continue.

Coming up with a long term strategy(master plan) - I need more time!!

I just think in the short term action is needed to shake things up, bit like a rocket up the arse, If not the long term will look even bleaker.

Â