Paul Lambert

limpid

Personally I prefer the Premier League with him in it. OK he's arrogant, childish, moanie, mind game playing and the rest but one thing he is always entertaining. This is not the first time he has left a game early apparently he did the same when they beat Arsenal 6-0 last year, he wanted to call his wife so he says? It just his way and football is all about love and hate and without passion it would be boring.

You might think Lambo's a better human being but who cares? We personally don't know either therefore are not qualified to answer anyway! Mourhino is a million times better manager. If Mourhino managed us for a week we would see far better play and we might even get Man City a little worried for the weekend. Instead we will hope and pray we can avoid a thrashing and we don't loose all our confidence!! And we go again!

I preferred the Premier League without him.  The amount of media bumming he gets is unreal too.  He also left another game early when his side were cruising to victory, then?  What a top bloke.  Really, really great guy. 

Mourinho may well be a better manager, but he's only done well in situations where he can't really fail.  I'd love to see him take on a work in progress job, such as Spurs or something - but he's a chequebook manager.  A manager that wants to be adored by fans, players and the media alike.  He wants to be in a situation where he feels he can do no wrong.  He failed at Real Madrid and came back to Chelsea, having just finished 6th, where he knew he could re-enhance his reputation.

He's got results, fair enough (and his performance at Inter especially was outstanding), but Ancelotti for one has shown him up at both Chelsea and Real Madrid.  Yet we don't hear/see anywhere near the amount of bollocks from that guy.

Some people shouldn't be anywhere near Villa - Mourinho is one of them (thankfully, he'll never be here too!).

P.S:  How many victories at Villa Park?  Get in there Lambo.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

I find it odd that people outside of Chelsea actually like Jose Mourinho.

He moans and whines and, as frequently shown, has no class whatsoever.  During his time in Spain, he encouraged Pepe et al to (quite literally) kick lumps out of Messi/Barcelona and poked/gouged Tito Vilanova in his eye.  Top bloke, Jose.

Paul Lambert is a much better human being.

Because it's all deliberate.

Not sure if "like" is the right word. I don't "like him". But I certainly enjoy him. I like that he's part of the Premier League.

And he's also an excellent manager, which helps.

Jose Sourfaceinho (he reminds me of Jeff Dunhams' Jose the jalapeno) has never beaten Villa at Villa Park. That must irk the self proclaimed 'special one'. As stated - wonder how good he'd be without a chequebook and a job with pressure (I mean real pressure not a job where he can buy himself out of trouble). 

• Like 1

Oh Bobszy you are funny!!

I do agree that Ancellotti is a top manager and on a par with Mourinho. Remember Carlo was 3 minutes into stoppage time from losing his job last year?

And I doubt Lambo would want anyone to talk about victories at VP as his record is not exactly anything to be proud of?

What you have to remember is Lambo is has been very lucky to land a job which he doesn't have the skills to carry out to even a mediorce level. He's had no pressure of losing his job and has had the comfort of knowing he can perform awfully so long as he toes the party line. No other Premier League manager has this reassurance or comfort even Mourinho or Ancellotti live or die on results?

I'm sorry but buy this argument that Lambert is a shit manager and is just "lucky" not to be sacked. Given all the shit he's had to deal with from the board I don't think he's done a bad job at all.

Rubbish!

He's the only manager in the Premier League who has never had to rely on results to keep his job. If he was decent he would have resigned because of all the 'shit from the board' but he knows he will never get such a high profile job again.

Plus I don't see what shit from the board is either there are plenty of managers who work to a budget and he has always been adamant that he makes all the footballing decisions such as his failed 'young and hungry' experiments.

All the past few years have proved are that Norwich was his glass ceiling!

I do agree that Ancellotti is a top manager and on a par with Mourinho. Remember Carlo was 3 minutes into stoppage time from losing his job last year?

And I doubt Lambo would want anyone to talk about victories at VP as his record is not exactly anything to be proud of?

What you have to remember is Lambo is has been very lucky to land a job which he doesn't have the skills to carry out to even a mediorce level. He's had no pressure of losing his job and has had the comfort of knowing he can perform awfully so long as he toes the party line. No other Premier League manager has this reassurance or comfort even Mourinho or Ancellotti live or die on results?

I find it amusing that you actually think he doesn't have the skills to carry out the Villa job to "even a mediocre level".  His remit will have been to stay in the Premier League despite not having the financial resources of even the mighty Hull City.  He's done that.  He's found us one of the best strikers in the league for only £7m too.  He's built a young squad with players now breaking into International teams.  Have results been good?  No, they've been poor - but they've been good enough to keep us in the league.

I genuinely don't know what people have expected other than this struggle for the past few seasons.  What's the expectation?  Top 6?  Top 10?  What is it that Lambert should've produced that he hasn't?

• Like 1

I'm sorry but buy this argument that Lambert is a shit manager and is just "lucky" not to be sacked. Given all the shit he's had to deal with from the board I don't think he's done a bad job at all.

Rubbish!

He's the only manager in the Premier League who has never had to rely on results to keep his job. If he was decent he would have resigned because of all the 'shit from the board' but he knows he will never get such a high profile job again.

Plus I don't see what shit from the board is either there are plenty of managers who work to a budget and he has always been adamant that he makes all the footballing decisions such as his failed 'young and hungry' experiments.

All Premier League managers have to rely on results to keep their job - including Lambert.

So Lambert is indecent because he's sticking with a job despite having to work under tough conditions?

Rubbish!

Arsene Wenger won nothing at Arsenal for ages. Would you sack him too?

wonder how good he'd be without a chequebook and a job with pressure (I mean real pressure not a job where he can buy himself out of trouble). 

Pretty good

He won the Champions League with Porto making a profit of 7 million quid on transfers

• Like 1

Rubbish!

Just because you believe this doesn't make it fact you know.

I find it amusing that you actually think he doesn't have the skills to carry out the Villa job to "even a mediocre level".  His remit will have been to stay in the Premier League despite not having the financial resources of even the mighty Hull City.  He's done that.  He's found us one of the best strikers in the league for only £7m too.  He's built a young squad with players now breaking into International teams.  Have results been good?  No, they've been poor - but they've been good enough to keep us in the league.

I genuinely don't know what people have expected other than this struggle for the past few seasons.  What's the expectation?  Top 6?  Top 10?  What is it that Lambert should've produced that he hasn't?

OK he's just about managed to do what was asked by the skin of his teeth but that's his limit we will still finish in the bottom quarter of the table again this year with him in charge because of his poor tactics. We needed to improve our manager to move forward. As far as I am aware the only player to break into the International side is Delph the others were already Internationals? Whose to say Delphwouldn't have made the World Cup under a better manager?

wonder how good he'd be without a chequebook and a job with pressure (I mean real pressure not a job where he can buy himself out of trouble). 

Pretty good

He won the Champions League with Porto making a profit of 7 million quid on transfers

But premier league is totally different not la Liga. Bet he wouldn't be as successful with a pressure job and lack of finances in the Premier League. Totally different and harder to succeed without decent money!

OK he's just about managed to do what was asked by the skin of his teeth but that's his limit we will still finish in the bottom quarter of the table again this year with him in charge because of his poor tactics. We needed to improve our manager to move forward. As far as I am aware the only player to break into the International side is Delph the others were already Internationals? Whose to say Delphwouldn't have made the World Cup under a better manager?

Because it's not upto the Villa Manager to pick the squad for England - it is believe it or not the job of the England Manager and HE chose NOT to include Delph even though he had a blinder of a season. But yeah it's Lamberts fault Delph wasn't picked for the World Cup - old owl face didn't have a clue and let's not forget - even our captain of the League and Euro Champs (along with others) were never picked for England - football only exists in London, Manchester, Liverpool and the South of England according to the media, FA and a succession of England Managers! No matter how well our players are

Can I have the weekend's lottery numbers as well please?

Edited by Mantis

Rubbish!

All Premier League managers have to rely on results to keep their job - including Lambert.

So Lambert is indecent because he's sticking with a job despite having to work under tough conditions?

What tough conditions?

With Lambert's record over the past two seasons any other Chairman in the League would have sacked Lambert. Managers with better records than Lambert have been sacked! All he has had to do is suck up to Lerner! Easy for a hard up gimp!

Can I have the weekend's lottery numbers as well please?

PM me with your bank details and I'll just put the money strraight in!

What tough conditions?

With Lambert's record over the past two seasons any other Chairman in the League would have sacked Lambert. Managers with better records than Lambert have been sacked! All he has had to do is suck up to Lerner! Easy for a hard up gimp!

He's had to slash the wage bill while getting very little funds to spend for what was essentially a complete squad rebuild.

I think he's pretty fortunate to have kept his job and I think he's extremely fortunate to have been given a new deal.

The sale of the club has allowed him the freedom to produce awful results and provided the necessity for some stability in the club.

I think he's a very fortunate man.

Â