Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert missed have worked a miracle keeping this mess in the league then.

He built a squad barely good enough to survive and he barely survived. Where's the miracle?
Because its not in a mess is it. In westwood, you've just dismissed a player that's created as many chances as Gerrard this season.

Okore and vlaar are surely good enough.

You dislike kozak for some reason despite him scoring goals.

If we're not in a mess then Lambert must be worse than we think he is to achieve our worst premiership season.

Let's see what teams come in for Westwood or if he's a regular after a takeover happens then.

Vlaar is an average player at best and okore has a lot of potential.

Kozak is a poor player and a couple of gifted tap ins doesn't cover that up for me.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

I think they were a bit tired after wednesday rather than not wanting to play for him. If new owners take over and theres major funds available I'd like to see Lambert given the opportuntity to manage the club with better players at his disposal.....

I just don't get this. 38 points and lost 20 games. What makes you think he will be worth giving more money to?

I don't think the squad is in a 'mess' though BJ10.

My point is if he goes the new manger will walk in to a young squad, with a lot of potential to improve. Not an ageing squad of overpaid players.

I'm not saying its a great squad or he's got good results with it, I'm just saying if he leaves, he leaves one that's in a better state than the previous bunch.

The wages are lower but I still think it needs a lot of work. The whole defence is awful, only delph is a good enough midfield player and unless weimman and gabby find form benteke is the only forward we have who I'd be happy starting on a regular basis.

I think the new man has a a lot to do to turn this into a competitive team.

The new man.....for the last ten years has had a tough job at B6

Ron Saunders had a tough job, graham Taylor had a wicked job the first time around, he had to go back to grass roots.

All these tasks are fairly routine if you know what your doing.....they are impossible if you don't.

Motivation is not one of his plus points. Yes he might have for filled a remit, but its about results and only Lerner is going to repsect him for this not the fans. This is why I believe the position is untenable.  I like many others are not interested that he has reduced the wage bill and tried to buy young and hungry players. All I am interested in is results and entertaining football something we haven't seen to much of this season. If Lambert thought he was gonna gain support by anyone other than the board his was more than mistaken.

The only respect I personally have left for him is that he took the job above anyone else. Did he really think he could be a success here with the remit Lerner set out. If he did he failed, if he didn't he obviously only came for the money.

Just because we're not fighting off bids for our players doesn't mean they're good enough?

If Westwood's a quality player he'll either be a regular starter as we improve or he will be at a better club. I have my doubts about either of them happening.

Had a good chat with Ian Taylor at Spurs today after the game; asked him whether he thought Lerner was off and he said he honestly hadn't got a clue but thinks that "after that" the manager must be off. Was very down like the rest of us.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

I don't think the squad is in a 'mess' though BJ10.

My point is if he goes the new manger will walk in to a young squad, with a lot of potential to improve. Not an ageing squad of overpaid players.

I'm not saying its a great squad or he's got good results with it, I'm just saying if he leaves, he leaves one that's in a better state than the previous bunch.

Young does not necessarily equal Quality.

Young May be of no consequence.

I think they were a bit tired after wednesday rather than not wanting to play for him. If new owners take over and theres major funds available I'd like to see Lambert given the opportuntity to manage the club with better players at his disposal.....

Paul if what you say is true and the players were knackered after wednesday(which i dont disagree with-to a point), why not bring in clark for baker, luna for bertrand, robinson or grealish for gabby,bowery or wiemann, what about helenius or tonev. You see where i'm going... poor decisions= poor results = poor manager.

Maybe if he had utilised all of the squad instead of persisting with virtually the same 11 week after week no matter how crap we may have been fresher and more up for it in the final few games.

For me lambert is to blame for his own downfall.

The players didn't even look as though they were bothered today. For all Lambert's faults I didn't think he had lost the dressing room up to this point, but today I thought otherwise. That, or they knew he is off.

That has been the case in a numbers of games recently. Against Stoke, Fulham and Palace they simply wanted it way more than us. I can excuse a lack of quality but a lack of effort is unforgivable and suggests a deep rooted issue.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Had a good chat with Ian Taylor at Spurs today after the game; asked him whether he thought Lerner was off and he said he honestly hadn't got a clue but thinks that "after that" the manager must be off. Was very down like the rest of us.

I would totally agree with Ian Taylor.

If anyone thinks the work of this manager is ok, I would suggest they take up a different hobby.

The players didn't even look as though they were bothered today. For all Lambert's faults I didn't think he had lost the dressing room up to this point, but today I thought otherwise. That, or they knew he is off.

That has been the case in a numbers of games recently. Against Stoke, Fulham and Palace they simply wanted it way more than us. I can excuse a lack of quality but a lack of effort is unforgivable and suggests a deep rooted issue.

Mark

I think the "deep routed issue" is simply that they are not good enough!

• Like 1

When I see no pressing, when I see not closing down, when I see no running OFF the ball, when I see static players, when I see players on their heels rather than the balls of their feet, when I see sullen shoulders, when I see critical positions not being taken up.......

I SEE LACK OF EFFORT

I've seen it most of the season.

• Like 3

When I see no pressing, when I see not closing down, when I see no running OFF the ball, when I see static players, when I see players on their heels rather than the balls of their feet, when I see sullen shoulders, when I see critical positions not being taken up.......

I SEE LACK OF EFFORT

Lack of effort + lack of ability = 20 league defeats.

I SEE LACK OF EFFORT

Lack of effort + lack of ability = 20 league defeats.

Lack of effort + lack of ability + Paul Lambert = 20 league defeats.

Another woeful day for Lambert with the predicted one win in 9 games unfortunately coming true.

Lambert yet again proving completely out of depth as manager of this club with yet another game where we were humiliated.

Lambert out regardless of who the owner is please. Just get him out!

Mark

I think the "deep routed issue" is simply that they are not good enough!

Mike I wished I knew the answers and I don't, but I am dubious about this lack of ability.

This team of ours has taken more points of the top teams than anyone else. We have lost our points against lower teams similar to our cup exploits we faulter in a physical encounter.

I believe if Pulis had of taken us over instead of Palace, we would be sitting on 45 points.

I am not advocating Pulis as the new manager, but I am asking for a deliberate and determined man to replace Lambert who I see as woolly.

I don' t see a club that has a strong backbone, I see a soft under belly everywhere, I even see it in some of the supporters., who settle too easily for second best......I did'nt see that in fans of yesteryear, I see it today.

• Like 1

Shit tactics end of **** gabby 56k a week FFs and weimann off only vlaar delph Guzan should remain they deserve the shirt

You better hope StanBalaban aka the Grammar Police doesn't see this.

Â