Paul Lambert

limpid

Sure it has to be the right manager and we have to see signs of improvement. For me it is the right manager, we may not seen as many signs of improvement this year, and coming on the back of the second half of the season last season that is a huge disappointment.

You've made our point for us in that paragraph. There is no improvement, there is no real progress and on that basis he doesn't deserve more time or more money.

I agree too many mistakes.

The strange goings on with the coaching staff was the final nail in the coffin for me. I really think that Lambert didn't have a clue what was going on in the first team because he had become so detached and reliant on C&K. I don't see what he was doing?

He handled the coaching thing poorly.

The story I have been told  is that a secret film was presented of antics at the training ground. Faulkner summoned Lambert, who dismissed them as nothing untoward but he would have words with those concerned, this response was felt to be to soft by some of the players, and complaints went from players to Faulkner - back to Lambert - this went on for a couple of weeks. Then Faulkner put his foot down and told Lambert to at the very least suspend the staff. It is not known who was responsible for the original video recording.

Take it from me, that is absolute rubbish.

I've seen nothing to suggest Lambert that is up to the job.

That's because you have closed your eyes to reality.

Depends which planet you're on and which reality you're living in though?

Maybe there is a parallel universe with a charismatic Paul Lambert who plays attractive football and achieves results on the pitch?

• Like 1

whoa.gif?w=640

Arsenal 1 Villa 3.

Villa 3 Man City 2

Liverpool 2 Villa 2

Villa 1 Chelsea 0

So, according to your post you see nothing to suggest that Paul Lambert is up to the job. Presumably then, he should be sacked for those results alone?

To confirm.There is none so blind as those who can't see.

Try looking a little deeper.

Better players ==> More possession, slicker passing, more creativity ==> Less hoofball ==> Different style, innit?

Better players equals shit if the set up doesnt suit? As someone else mentioned, your just assuming.

whoa.gif?w=640

Arsenal 1 Villa 3.

Villa 3 Man City 2

Liverpool 2 Villa 2

Villa 1 Chelsea 0

So, according to your post you see nothing to suggest that Paul Lambert is up to the job. Presumably then, he should be sacked for those results alone?

It's not about who you beat it's about how many! Unless the rules have changed then I think beating Chelsea still get's 3 points the same as beating Fulham! I would rather see us beat Fulham twice than Chelsea once!

Do we have more points than last season so far? No!

We need to win both games to improve on last season by the smallest of margins. That is either falling backwards or standing still which is not improvement.

To expect much progress in terms of results, performances and league position in these circumstances and in the context of other clubs relative spending is, in my humble opinion optimistic at best but perhaps even a little unrealistic.

Yet two years ago anyone who thought we'd be in a relegation battle was mocked and laughed at.

• Like 1

whoa.gif?w=640

Arsenal 1 Villa 3.

Villa 3 Man City 2

Liverpool 2 Villa 2

Villa 1 Chelsea 0

It's not about who you beat it's about how many! Unless the rules have changed then I think beating Chelsea still get's 3 points the same as beating Fulham! I would rather see us beat Fulham twice than Chelsea once!

We need to win both games to improve on last season by the smallest of margins. That is either falling backwards or standing still which is not improvement.

NB - My reply was to the CarewsEyebrowDesigner post & not yours.

Keeping Lambert would be too risky.

What if the season had another 5 games to go ? would you be confident that we would move on up the table or go down for sure.Also it took us 36 games to be safe...bit too close for comfort for me.

Actually we were safe after the Chelsea game. It took until Saturday to confirm it but we've been safe for weeks.

Not really.  If we hadn't won on saturday we'd be on 35 points and one of three teams who could realistically still go down.  As it happens we are on 38 points and now safe thanks to that victory

To be totally accurate if Norwich fail to win against Arsenal then we were safe after the Chelsea game, as non of the three relegated teams would have overtaken the points & goal difference we'd achieved after that game.

whoa.gif?w=640

Arsenal 1 Villa 3.

Villa 3 Man City 2

Liverpool 2 Villa 2

Villa 1 Chelsea 0

NB - My reply was to the CarewsEyebrowDesigner post & not yours.

I still stand by the answer whoever you were responding to! We have lost too many games this year for anyone to say progress has been made IMO. As I said you get no extra points for defeating a top 4 side and for every top 4 result we have achieved I could show you 2 losses against lesser teams. Ridiculous argument for improvement!

No I think our lowest has been 17th which we were before the Hull game. I think that is correct. We also have been in top 4 :detect:

Lowest was 16th which was before the Hull game.

A new straw to clutch at!

Arsenal 1 Villa 3.

Villa 3 Man City 2

Liverpool 2 Villa 2

Villa 1 Chelsea 0

OK, I looked a little deeper and found this...

Villa 1 Newcastle 2

Villa 0 Spurs 4 (Lge Cup)

Fulham 2 Villa 0

Villa 0 Man U 3

Stoke 2 Villa 1

Villa 0 Palace 1

Villa 1 Sheff Utd 2

Villa 0 West Ham 2

Villa 1 Stoke 4

Man U 4 Villa 1

Villa 1 Fulham 2

Palace 1 Villa 0

Swansea 4 Villa 1

Impressive stuff.

And an indication that anyone can cherry pick a few results to supposedly support their argument.

So you still maintain your original argument in your original post that you saw nothing to suggest that Paul Lambert is up to the job?

The results I chose were not to back up my argument but to completely dismantle your post & that still stands.

Well done for looking but you still need to see the wood for the trees.

Â