Paul Lambert

limpid

Are people on here stupid? ? Record number of home defeats, continuous embarrassment at the hands of lower league teams (that's not money that's tactics) no idea how to set up a defence. Playing the same players regardless of form. Chelsea 8-0, Bradford, Sheff utd, Millwall, Fulham at home, Stoke.

One win against a team on the beach where shay given and did probably had more to do with tactics, maybe the sub of bowery instead of lamberts hero Holt and you want this clown to stay. If we lose to man city are u back to wanting him out? Come on lads see the bigger picture

Wish people would stop bringing up one game against Chelsea.

Record number of home defeats but more wins at home than the last 2 seasons?

Turn a couple of those losses into draws and that stupid fact wouldn't even be banded about.

Has the **** gone yet ?

No, you're still here unfortantely.

Why's it a stupid fact? Because it's hard evidence of Lambert's failings?

By that logic if we turn some of those wins into draws, then we wouldn't have this ultra impressive more wins at home than the last two seasons fact, ridiculous argument.

• Like 2

Because we've still picked up more points at home. Surely it's points that matter? If we'd of drawn every game at home then wed of picked up less points but the record losses at home wouldn't exist. Which would you rather have?

I agree. It's annoying how some people focus on silly little stats instead of things that matter.

This isn't me defending Lambert by the way - our home record is dreadful, I just wish people would stop banging on about this "most losses" stat because it's misleading.

For me he needs to stay unless a manager that is head and shoulders above him. He's do e what's asked of him, even Lerner himself has said so. He's done an admirable job in my view, and he's maintained his dignity and for a large part is still popular amongst fans.

There are many fans out there undecided, and all it would take to sway them would be a couple more decent results.

There is no manager in and around us that I would prefer over Lambert.

Failing to see how losing more home games in a season than any other Villa manager in 140 years is in anyway a misleading silly little stat to be honest but I guess that's opinions for you.

• Like 1

Failing to see how losing more home games in a season than any other Villa manager in 140 years is in anyway a misleading silly little stat to be honest but I guess that's opinions for you.

Well, we picked up more points at home this season than we did last season for example.

Ok, it's only 1 point more and our home record is still very poor but most of the time people don't even mention that and instead focus on pointless stats like "most defeats at home in 140 years" or whatever.

Edited by Mantis

Because we've still picked up more points at home. Surely it's points that matter? If we'd of drawn every game at home then wed of picked up less points but the record losses at home wouldn't exist. Which would you rather have?

I agree. It's annoying how some people focus on silly little stats instead of things that matter.

This isn't me defending Lambert by the way - our home record is dreadful, I just wish people would stop banging on about this "most losses" stat because it's misleading.

It's the same as the 'worst start of a season' statistic. Which is totally meaningless without any sort of agreement on how many games a start actually constitutes.

As for the 8-0, as bad a result as it was, it isn't just an indication of how bad we are. Large one sided results happen more often now across the whole of the division, where they were once extremely rare.

For example Arsenal have lost 6-0, 5-1, 6-3 this season but are still in 4th

Having been away for the weekend I have had limited access to this forum but it is interesting to see how one win against the mighty Hull City and the safety of our Premiership status for another season brings out some people who have been a bit quiet recently and others who forget the 2 seasons of relative rubbish that preceded this result and the fact that we were, yet again, fighting relegation until almost the last week of the season.

I for one am happy that we are to be in the Premiership again next season (although I shouldn't have to be grateful for that as we shouldn't have been in the sorry situation in the first place) but I still remember what has gone before and I want Lambert out asap. 

• Like 1

For me he needs to stay unless a manager that is head and shoulders above him. He's do e what's asked of him, even Lerner himself has said so. He's done an admirable job in my view, and he's maintained his dignity and for a large part is still popular amongst fans.

There are many fans out there undecided, and all it would take to sway them would be a couple more decent results.

I don't think he's done an admirable job, but he has done an ok job considering the conditions at the club.

If we hadn't have had the post Chelsea collapse we'd have had a reasonable mid table season. As it stands it's looking likely that we were actually safe after that game, unless Norwich get a win against Arsenal, but the results since then have been unacceptable.

I feel Lambert has built the foundations of a decent team, under difficult circumstances. I'd really like to see what he can do with funds and would be happy for him to remain but we HAVE to push on from this.

Well, we picked up more points at home this season than we did last season for example.

Ok, it's only 1 point more and our home record is still very poor but most of the time people don't even mention that and instead focus on pointless stats like "most defeats at home in 140 years" or whatever.

If we'd won every other game and actually had a good home point total but it was being ignored and this focused on I'd understand where you were coming from but as you said the home record is poor regardless and record breaking losses is the icing on the cake.

Looking at it in a purely detached way I guess it is pointless but many are highly emotional invested in our history, not saying your not but your obviously very apathetic about this, and performing so poorly, especially at home that a 140 year record has been broken is unforgivable imo and certainly not a meaningless stat.

Its already been explained why.

An opinion doesn't constitute an explanation.

What's meaningless or pointless to some will not be to others, who's to say who is correct.

Edited by penguin

I don't think he's done an admirable job, but he has done an ok job considering the conditions at the club.

If we hadn't have had the post Chelsea collapse we'd have had a reasonable mid table season. As it stands it's looking likely that we were actually safe after that game, unless Norwich get a win against Arsenal, but the results since then have been unacceptable.

I feel Lambert has built the foundations of a decent team, under difficult circumstances. I'd really like to see what he can do with funds and would be happy for him to remain but we HAVE to push on from this.

I only say admirable in the sense that he took on the task, and had done a better job than many many managers would do, the only time he has whinged and whined about it is recently since all the takeover talk. He has got on with the task at hand and worked within difficult parameters in a tough dog eat dog league, and ultimately succeeded and now the current owner can sell up.

For me he deserves the opportunity to continue to build what he has started.

People still think he deserves a chance? Haha I just don't get the love for Lambert at all. Its not like he's done anything to make you think things would be brilliant under him. It's all based on hope.

And once again I love how losing lots of games is no classed as a silly little stat. That's brilliant.

Oh well, he came, he failed and he won't be here much longer.

People still think he deserves a chance? Haha I just don't get the love for Lambert at all. Its not like he's done anything to make you think things would be brilliant under him. It's all based on hope.

And once again I love how losing lots of games is no classed as a silly little stat. That's brilliant.

Oh well, he came, he failed and he won't be here much longer.

Well I guess it comes down to people having different expectations with what can be achieved with £40m, a complete rebuild and injuries to key players.

You obviously think he should have done a lot better than he has. I personally think he should have done a bit better. However, if we finish between 11th-14th I'd say he's actually done a pretty good job considering injuries. However if we finish 17th then that's a poor job. But then again I look at the finishing position rather than points accumulated. Whereas others believe that points totalled means more than finishing position.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

If we'd won every other game and actually had a good home point total but it was being ignored and this focused on I'd understand where you were coming from but as you said the home record is poor regardless and record breaking losses is the icing on the cake.

Looking at it in a purely detached way I guess it is pointless but many are highly emotional invested in our history, not saying your not but your obviously very apathetic about this, and performing so poorly, especially at home that a 140 year record has been broken is unforgivable imo and certainly not a meaningless stat.

I just don't think really think it's that important - the real issue is the poor home form overall. There are so many records around and most of them are pretty much meaningless out of context, including this one.

Edited by Mantis

Â