Paul Lambert

limpid

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will  offer up just one single reason to justify my view.

Without labouring the point had Benteke not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season I honestly believe we would easily be in a much better position now.

Why fans can't see this & why fans are blaming Lambert is beyond me.

Um, maybe because a manager should create a team that isn't just dependent on one individual performing well?

Like I said Benteke's injury is just one reason.

Now I'll give you reason number two. Lambert realised we had major problems in Central Defence & recruited Okore, who as you well know suffered a season long injury.

So, your point about being dependent on just one individual is inadmissible.

Fans not giving Lambert time or the benefit of the doubt is just sheer madness & ignorant IMO.

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will  offer up just one single reason to justify my view. Without labouring the point had Benteke not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season I honestly believe we would easily be in a much better position now.

The above are your words. 'one single reason' and then you go on to say that if Benteke had not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season you honestly believe that we would be in a much better position now.

Now you have been challenged on the 'one single reason' you offer up another reason 'Okore's injury'

Make your mind up, how many reasons are there?

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will  offer up just one single reason to justify my view.

Without labouring the point had Benteke not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season I honestly believe we would easily be in a much better position now.

How can anyone disagree with this observation?

A fully fit Benteke, firing on all cylinders would surely have underlined our progress under Lambert.

It probably won't be long now either before those exact same fans singing the praises of the beast will soon want him out of the exit door too.

As I state, this is just one reason why I think many of the fans have lost it big time.

How can anyone disagree with this observation?

A fully fit Benteke, firing on all cylinders would surely have underlined our progress under Lambert.

It probably won't be long now either before those exact same fans singing the praises of the beast will soon want him out of the exit door too.

As I state, this is just one reason why I think many of the fans have lost it big time.

So that's Lambert masterplan rely on Benteke? No plan B?

plan B is also injured.

To all those slagging Lambert off how could you do any better when your major investments are unavailable for long & crucial periods of the season?

Benteke, Okore, Kozak, Vlaar. Gabby.

If you think you would fair better you are simply delusional.

The manager is not responsible for injuries but no doubt various posters will claim that he is & still demand he be sacked.

Is it any wonder why Clubs & not just Villa subsequently treat the majority of fans with contempt when it comes to making important decisions concerning their Club?

Rightly or wrongly it is theses type of knee jerk reactions that lead to Managers like Big 'Eck eg being appointed.

The fans get exactly what they deserve because they are too emotionally involved.

If Lambert gets the old heave ho & then  goes on to prove is worth elsewhere will you hold yourself responsible?

The fans are wrong.

• Like 1

Um, maybe because a manager should create a team that isn't just dependent on one individual performing well?

Now I'll give you reason number two. Lambert realised we had major problems in Central Defence & recruited Okore, who as you well know suffered a season long injury.

Fans not giving Lambert time or the benefit of the doubt is just sheer madness & ignorant IMO.

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will  offer up just one single reason to justify my view. Without labouring the point had Benteke not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season I honestly believe we would easily be in a much better position now.

The above are your words. 'one single reason' and then you go on to say that if Benteke had not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season you honestly believe that we would be in a much better position now.

Now you have been challenged on the 'one single reason' you offer up another reason 'Okore's injury'

There are many many reasons but there will never be enough for you to accept.

I have no problem with that.

However, reason number 3 is the totally unhealthy knee jerk & OTT reaction from the fans at Crystal Palace. How on earth is that conducive to the benefit of Paul Lambert, the team & ultimately Aston Villa FC?

Name the last Villa manager who moved on to greater things and then explain how Lambert will be any different.

The fact his backroom staff have been effectively sacked under his watch is enough that no club is going to be interested in him anytime soon.

This desperation to hold onto him is actually quite cringeworthy  OK he may go and do well somewhere else but it's pretty plain and simple to see that he is failing at Villa and will continue to do so. He is basically not up to the job, he has had two seasons of failure, two seasons of constant negative records being broken and two seasons of having no plans to take the club forward in any shape or form.

I think moreso now some of the fan reactions on here are those that are scared to admit that something at the club is wrong and needs sorting out

However, reason number 3 is the totally unhealthy knee jerk & OTT reaction from the fans at Crystal Palace. How on earth is that conducive to the benefit of Paul Lambert, the team & ultimately Aston Villa FC?

Why have we achieved only 1 point from the last 6 games? Is it the OTT reaction of fans or Lambert's inadequacy?

Have the fans ever failed at Villa?

with respect but what a ridiculous statement. Failed at what exactly? they don't have a job, they don't have a responsibility. It's their club because of the monies they put in, the time and dedication they have following it but they don't have any duties as such so they cannot fail.

Lambert on the other hand does have duties, does have deliverables and does have responsibilities and you can easily argue that he has failed at all of them

Why have we achieved only 1 point from the last 6 games? Is it the OTT reaction of fans or Lambert's inadequacy?

Or the reasons that I have already offered up but  that you conveniently choose to ignore?

with respect but what a ridiculous statement. Failed at what exactly? they don't have a job, they don't have a responsibility. It's their club because of the monies they put in, the time and dedication they have following it but they don't have any duties as such so they cannot fail.

Lambert on the other hand does have duties, does have deliverables and does have responsibilities and you can easily argue that he has failed at all of them

It is not a statement merely a question that is open to semantics.

Clearly Lambert not being able to get his side to do the basics correctly such as defending set pieces is all down to Benteke being injured....

I remember Benteke not being injured when we lost to Bradford Sheffield United and Millwall we even had Bent in one of those fixtures

• Like 1

Maybe a question to provoke reaction?

He's had two years of time and the benefit of the doubt, and the football, which started badly, has got progessively worse.

Lets not forget Bradford and Sheffield united, can the Lambert lovers explain those results away?

Cup shocks. Never heard of them before as they are only exclusive to Aston Villa aren't they?

Colchester 3 Leeds Utd 0

Bournemouth 2 Man Utd 0

Wigan 1 Man City 0     etc etec etc

Or the reasons that I have already offered up but  that you conveniently choose to ignore?

There is no reason in the world that you can come up with to excuse the poor quality of football so regularly displayed by Lambert's team. Even without the players you have mentioned the players that he inherited and those that he bought should be able to do the basics correctly and play with some semblance of order. They can't and for that I blame Lambert.

Maybe a question to provoke reaction?

Or maybe (?) a question in reaction to provocation?

Edited by villa-revolution

The fans are not to blame for the shite we are currently in

The blame lies with the piss-poor manager, piss-poor players and piss-poor owner at the club. If we go down, these three elements of the club will be to blame, NOT the fans

The clubs is a mess and hopefully there are wholesale changes in the summer in all 3 areas if we are to avoid yet another relegation fight next year (assuming we stay up this year of course)

Â