Paul Lambert

limpid

I wanted him as our manager when McLeish was sacked. But then that didn't blind me to the awful job he was doing. Nothing about hindsight, many fans could see exactly what was happening with this team.

I see a few who can no longer defend the manager have jumped at the chance to defend the idea that fans still want him here. Who cares? He's going.

Or maybe they've got bored of repeating themselves and getting the same responses?

"i don't know what his going to say that's me being honest with you"

then follows it up with

"i know the situation and randy will say what his got to say"

which is it Paul?

What about the bit? "I think he's been fair with everybody about exactly what's happened??"

I fail to see how the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Simeone, Ancelotti, Klopp, to name a few, (If it was possible to get these managers) could not do a better job with the same resources as......Lambert.

Simeone took over almost the exact same 11 that starts now aswell, never underestimate the influence of a manager. In my view its doesn't matter what our 11 is to be where we are means he's doing a poor job. Ok our 11 is average bar 1-2 players but they should still be up for games, motivated, well drilled and able to do even the basics.

Look at stoke they absolutely destroyed us and all they really did was do all the basics right, nothing more than that.

• Like 3

I think there is some fans putting the cart before the horse.

I never expected champions league or The FA Cup, I never expected the League cup(giving my age away) or a Europa cup place...so where this expectation myth has come from god only knows.

what I was hoping for was, To see the back post defended at set pieces, a bit of pass and movement, a bit of shape and structure, a bit of closing down and willingness to compete....If that is high expectation, then II think the management at Villa have a bloody cheek.

I fail to see how the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Simeone, Ancelotti, Klopp, to name a few, (If it was possible to get these managers) could not do a better job with the same resources as......Lambert.

Simeone took over almost the exact same 11 that starts now aswell, never underestimate the influence of a manager. In my view its doesn't matter what our 11 is to be where we are means he's doing a poor job. Ok our 11 is average bar 1-2 players but they should still be up for games, motivated, well drilled and able to do even the basics.

Look at stoke they absolutely destroyed us and all they really did was do all the basics right, nothing more than that.

.....absolutely spot on , why more can't comprehend this I simply don't know.....It is about managers and their ability to judge.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

It shocking we rarely see us lose where we can truthfully say the team played there absolute hearts out. Or they played to the best of there ability. Its tactics, shape and motivation which to me is the factoring problem. My personal view is, if not before, which is arguable, recently its definitely turned into a managerial issue!!

Now hes talking about signing players like Holtby, Hernandez and Lescott? Suggesting he only plays the current brand of football due to lack of funds. Is this guy serious??

Exactly what McLeish said after he was sacked!!

I wanted him as our manager when McLeish was sacked. But then that didn't blind me to the awful job he was doing. Nothing about hindsight, many fans could see exactly what was happening with this team.

I see a few who can no longer defend the manager have jumped at the chance to defend the idea that fans still want him here. Who cares? He's going.

Or maybe they've got bored of repeating themselves and getting the same responses?

I'd imagine so. Must be boring to try and argue with zero evidence to support it.

• Like 1

Touché ;)

Touché ;)

Oh I agree, I'm bored of people expecting to change people's opinion on both sides.

• Like 1

Touché ;)

Oh I agree, I'm bored of people expecting to change people's opinion on both sides.

you won't change peoples opinions....by definition its their opinion.

• Like 1

Touché ;)

Yes, you can't educate pork.

Touché ;)

But you can tell lots of porkies. ;)

Lambert hopes for shopping spree

01 MAY 2014

Paul Lambert has suggested Aston Villa should abandon their 'bargain basement' transfer policy next season if they manage to avoid relegation in the coming weeks.

Lambert has consistently toed the line and spoken in defence of the club's frugality since arriving from Norwich nearly two years ago. But with question marks around his own future and rumours that owner Randy Lerner wants to sell up, the manager has changed tack after being linked with the likes of Javier Hernandez, Lewis Holtby and Joleon Lescott this summer.

"I think a football club of this size needs that calibre of player," he said ahead of Saturday's crunch Barclays Premier League visit of Hull.

"I'm not just talking about those three lads because it would be wrong for me to talk about them but we need that level of player for the size of this club, wherever they come from.

"This club needs big players.

"It's not acceptable for this club to keep doing this, it's been four years of battling against relegation. It's too big a football club to do this. That's the reality. I think everybody knows that."

Asked how likely it is Villa could attract - or afford - that level of player, Lambert said: "The chairman will come out and say what he's got to say in May time, I think.

"I don't know what he's going to say and that's me being totally honest with you.

"This football club, with the tradition and history it's got, should not be fluctuating like this. You are where you are.

"The chairman will come out and be honest with everybody. It's his football club and I don't think anyone can ever be critical of what he's done for this club. There's no way anyone could do that and I'm pretty sure he'll say what he's got to say."

Lambert denies his apparent change of stance will irk the club's hierarchy.

"I'm not breaking ranks," said the former Colchester boss.

"I'm just saying that a club this size needs to be up there (competing).

"I know the situation and Randy will say what he's got to say. I think he's been fair with everybody about exactly what's happened and he'll (speak) when the time's right."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/lambert-hopes-for-shopping-spree-30236225.html

Touché ;)

But you can tell lots of porkies. ;)

Or even be mutton.  :D

Â