Paul Lambert

limpid

But that's my point Mantis. Those performances and results were not sustainable. They were the kind you can scrape now and then as long as you've got someone who can put the ball in the back of the next when and if the chance came. Even though we won a few games it never game me confidence that we would be able to do it on a regular basis.

Now the Liverpool first half on the other hand made me think we'd be fine. I was more confident that we would finish mid table from the way we played in that game than I did from the Southampton, Man City games. After those games I was delighted with 3 points but worried for the season.

Chelsea away was also another performance which made me think we'd be fine. Yet we lost.

Agree with this. 

• Like 1

In what deluded world do they think Hernandez would actually join us even if we did get a takeover, he'll have plenty of CL teams bidding for him. Let's slap in a 50m bid for Messi while we're at.

Holtby is more realistic, got no issues with that one. Likes of him and Sigurdsson should be on our radar if we get new investment.

In what deluded world do they think Hernandez would actually join us even if we did get a takeover, he'll have plenty of CL teams bidding for him. Let's slap in a 50m bid for Messi while we're at.

Holtby is more realistic, got no issues with that one. Likes of him and Sigurdsson should be on our radar if we get new investment.

Depends what wages we are offering. Only the best will do for Larry ;)

It's a sorry state of a club when some of its fans resort to slagging off the other fans in order to show support for a failing manager and players, none of which will likely be at Villa in a couple of years. Unlike the fans being slagged off of course. Shameful.

I totally disagree. Why should the fans be above criticism? The last few weeks the majority of Villa fans have done nothing but moan & have displayed both total contempt & disrespect in equal measures to our Manager who needs it like a hole in the head. . It's a total double standard to claim that it's fine to slag off Lambert but unfair to level the same contempt to the fan base. If Lambert is not exempt then neither are the fans. If Lambert takes stick then so can the fans. If not why not? What's good for the goose is surely good enough for the gander.

Also, it is not a question of loyalty or a petty accusation of being a better fan than anyone else. It is  merely an observation.

Simply - How is being totally negative about things at our Club, completely outside of your own sphere of influence as fans, helping to move our Club forward?

Does anybody believe slagging off Paul Lambert is really helping the Club or the man himself at this moment in time?

The guy is under intense pressure & you would automatically think that in his & the whole Clubs desperate hour of need the fans would instantly rally to the cause & recognise that their undivided support can ultimately provide the fine margin that can secure our Premiership survival.

Surely the paradox is that you are only helping the opposition.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

But that's my point Mantis. Those performances and results were not sustainable. They were the kind you can scrape now and then as long as you've got someone who can put the ball in the back of the next when and if the chance came. Even though we won a few games it never game me confidence that we would be able to do it on a regular basis.

Now the Liverpool first half on the other hand made me think we'd be fine. I was more confident that we would finish mid table from the way we played in that game than I did from the Southampton, Man City games. After those games I was delighted with 3 points but worried for the season.

Chelsea away was also another performance which made me think we'd be fine. Yet we lost.

I know what your point is - I just don't agree that we only won those games because of "luck". There was more organisation back then and the players seemed to put more in. I also think Kozak was important. Despite all the shit he's gotten the way we played then worked with him and with Benteke now out as well the system has fallen apart. Obviously that reflects badly on Lambert for not being able to adapt, but like I said, I think the role of "luck" is overestimated.

For the record I don't think we should play like that all the time but it is right in certain games.

Edited by Mantis

It's a sorry state of a club when some of its fans resort to slagging off the other fans in order to show support for a failing manager and players, none of which will likely be at Villa in a couple of years. Unlike the fans being slagged off of course. Shameful.

I totally disagree. Why should the fans be above criticism? The last few weeks the majority of Villa fans have done nothing but moan & have displayed both total contempt & disrespect in equal measures to our Manager who needs it like a hole in the head. . It's a total double standard to claim that it's fine to slag off Lambert but unfair to level the same contempt to the fan base. If Lambert is not exempt then neither are the fans. Additionally if Lambert takes stick then so can the fans. If not why not?

Also, it is not a question of loyalty or a petty accusation of being a better fan than anyone else. It is  merely an observation.

Simply - How is being totally negative about things at our Club, completely outside of your own sphere of influence as fans, helping to move our Club forward?

Does anybody believe slagging off Paul Lambert is really helping the Club or the man himself at this moment in time?

The guy is under intense pressure & you would automatically think that in his & the whole Clubs desperate hour of need the fans would instantly rally to the cause & recognise that their undivided support can ultimately provide the fine margin that can secure our Premiership survival.

You make a point of sorts....but on that basis Billy McNeill, Jo Venglos,Graham Turner,Graham Taylor MK2 , David O'Leary and Alex McLeish deserved the same support you are alluding to.....but they didn't get it  and I would suspect that in some cases it was a different set of equally loyal supporters.

Edited by TRO

I totally disagree. Why should the fans be above criticism? The last few weeks the majority of Villa fans have done nothing but moan & have displayed both total contempt & disrespect in equal measures to our Manager who needs it like a hole in the head. . It's a total double standard to claim that it's fine to slag off Lambert but unfair to level the same contempt to the fan base. If Lambert is not exempt then neither are the fans. If Lambert takes stick then so can the fans. If not why not? What's good for the goose is surely good enough for the gander.

He is on 2 million a year i'm sure he can handle it. Anyway according to you he is such a true professional, it should'nt bother him anyway???

He is on 2 million a year i'm sure he can handle it. Anyway according to you he is such a true professional, it should'nt bother him anyway???

Please either your good self or other posters just answer the main question:

Please either your good self or other posters just answer the main question:

slagging him off is not the objective of any of the fans as i can see, as that is pure negative.

quite a number of us think he is taking us down and we fear for the well being of the club....if the last 6 games are anything to go by there is no indication bar blind faith that we are going to get another point.

That scenario manifests frustration in those fans that feel the same way....so rather than wait for what they see as a possible catastrophic fate....we was hoping he could have gone by now.

i suspect most fans that would subscribe to not parting with the manager towards the season end for motivational reasons, now see that thought, as bankrupt in the light of recent results and performances.

only time will tell who's thoughts were right or wrong.

I don't think it's entirely deluded to think that Hernandez would join us. If we were to bring in some quality, in an attempt to look less of a relegation threatened side, as could see Hernandez coming here.

Would he really have many offers from Champs League teams? He's shown that he can be that 'bring off the bench' striker, but would he be a good first choice striker for many CL sides?

No, the collapse didn't begin in December.

Yes, it did. Read my post again. We took 2 points from a possible 24 between 5 December and 13 January (and went out of the FA Cup to a Division 1 side to boot). What is that if it is not a collapse? Since the win at Southampton, we have taken 16 points out of a possible 63. What is that if it is not a collapse? As I said in my post, we had a brief recovery and took 6 points from the Norwich and Chelsea games, but we quickly sunk back into the morass. We have also been helped in avoiding relegation by the even poorer form of 5 or 6 other teams. But we have been suffering a long term collapse in form since early December and there is no credible way this can be argued against. On this occasion, your argument is simply wrong.

• Like 3

The "slagging him off" is a reaction to how unforgivably poor the team have been under his management. Saying paying supporters expressing their discontent and a grossly under-performing manager are due the same level of accountability and criticism is just moronic.

As is the notion that we should just accept the circumstances and wait for it to blow over and get better, for which there has been no sign or guarantee it will. Why should incompetence just be accepted by anyone involved, it wouldn't in any other business.

Also regarding the question - Is any of this criticism and discontent going to help; judging from how we have been performing it certainty can't make us any worse and if it contributes to the process of removing him from the club then it's up to him to do his job better and change minds.

• Like 2

Â