Paul Lambert

limpid

Given that we were in relegation battles before Lambert came here one could argue that they are just as much down to the lack of funding than the manager.

I would agree, but I'd hoped to see progression and as you allude we haven't really seen that which is why I would replace Lambert

At the end of the day, if Lambert does leave in the summer he will leave the club in a much better state than the one he came to manage. His lowering of the wage bill and keeping us in the Premier League (if we do) could be what has prompted the sale of the club. So, all in all, the man has my respect. Whilst we haven't been good to watch, it's not an easy job. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Why would new owners give a Manager that has achieved 2 relegation battles in his 2 years another year? It doesn't take a genius to realise Lambert is a bad manager.

In your opinion.
It's a fair point, it doesn't reflect well on Lambert, he has hardly distinguished himself here.

I'd be very surprised if the new owners didn't remove him and bring someone else in.

Its been done to death though hasn't it. You can't state he's a bad manager when working under the contraints he has, he's got faults but who hasn't? Its just sad that people can't recognise anything he's done for the club.

Replacing McLeish and looking doomed. Having to ship out players and rescue the wage bill yet still keep us in the league is in my opinion a very good achievement. You have to spend at least £30 mil a season just to stand still in the prem. Many other clubs fans recognise the job he's done yet our own fans would rather knock him.

Then why don't the Lambert lovers recognize the job McLeish did for us? Because they have basically achieved exact the same, exept Lambert got another year and haven't progressed.

Except they haven't achieved the same at all.  

McLeish had an expensive and highly paid squad to work with. Lambert had to replace the expensive, highly paid squad and replace them with lower paid players whose average cost is about two million pound per player.  All that while remaining in the Prem.

At the end of the day, if Lambert does leave in the summer he will leave the club in a much better state than the one he came to manage. His lowering of the wage bill and keeping us in the Premier League (if we do) could be what has prompted the sale of the club. So, all in all, the man has my respect. 

The important bit is about keeping us in the league. If, after all the cost cutting, we are relegated, it would more or less mean that the last 2 years has been for nothing.

We need new ownership regardless of what division we are in next season.

Oh no not this again. If taking us from 9th to 16th is achieving exactly the same then there's no point in me going any further.

Ashley Young and Downing were sold when he took over, our squad was very limited as todays squad is. I think it's fair to compare.

Except they haven't achieved the same at all.  

McLeish had an expensive and highly paid squad to work with. Lambert had to replace the expensive, highly paid squad and replace them with lower paid players whose average cost is about two million pound per player.  All that while remaining in the Prem.

Just because they were expensive and highly paid doesn't make them good. What a world class striker Bent is, isn't he? Can't even make the starting eleven in Fulham. Give me a **** break with your stupid argument.

Just because they were expensive and highly paid doesn't make them good. What a world class striker Bent is, isn't he? Can't even make the starting eleven in Fulham. Give me a **** break with your stupid argument.

Strange, considering the abuse Lambert took for loaning him out you'd think he was a world class striker.

The only stupid argument here is arguing over who done a better job when McLeish took us down 7 places.

Strange, considering the abuse Lambert took for loaning him out you'd think he was a world class striker.

The only stupid argument here is arguing over who done a better job when McLeish took us down 7 places.

That's mainly because we lost our 2 most influental players in Young and Downing, you need to remember when we finished 9th we were in a relegation battle the whole season until our run in the final games, where indeed Young and Downing were very influental

Hardly that hard to see why there was discontent about the loaning out of bent seeing as he was our record signing and resulted in us having to spunk a substantial proportion of the summer budget on a back-up striker.

I'd be very surprised if new owners kept Lambert in charge. I'm sure they will be made aware of the constraints he as worked under but a look back at the past 2 seasons isn't good reading. If you're about to pump loads of money in to a club would you keep Lambert in charge or employ a manager with a proven track record?

I see Roberto Di Matteo as 4-1 favourite for next Villa manager.

What style of football does he play?

I don't know I just mentioned his odds. I heard when Chelsea won the champions league he didn't actually manage them. He left the players to it.

Am I the only one who thinks we aren't necessarily doomed to shit football if Lambert stays? A lot of it has been poor this season admittedly but I think that with more financial backing we could play better football under him.

• Like 2

So all evidence has gone so we've reached the point where people are arguing he's a good manager based on what he might do in a hypothetical situation.

I look forward to the day he's gone

We know ;)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â