Paul Lambert

limpid

Why exactly is O'Neill being used as some sort of benchmark anyway? He was a failure .

agree completely. apparently some think 6th was a great achievement yet these are some of same people that say mid-table is not what we should be aiming for. 6th is not an achievement at all. Hell id be pissed off if we settled on 4th being called an achievement

I agree 4th was there for the taking and MON messed it up but these days 6th place is a long forgotten dream. Lambert could not even dream of 6th place with the mostly dross he has filled our squad with. He's had his chances and has failed to achieve anything of note we need to now move on to better quality.

I just can't be bothered to reply to these rabid posts.

You know my views, I know yours.

Step 1, Get down WH Smith, buy some markers and cardboard. Step 2, Make some 'Lamberk' & Lerner OUT!! signs and protest about it.

Give us an F!  Give us another F!  Give us a P! 

At least we'll be alright for the Champions League push next year! LOL!

Our problem is we loose a few players through injury and we just don't have the quality in our squad to cope with it. I'd stick with Lambert for one next season. Lerner must give him suffficient funds so he can purchase the players he wants instead of buying bargain basement and hoping they will make it. Fact is nobody would do better with what Lambert has been given. 

• Like 3

Ok its not a fact but its my belief and nobody can say with any certainty that if we sack Lambert and bring in another manager we would do any better. I actually believe with the funds provided many other managers would have got this club relegated. 

Fact is nobody would do better with what Lambert has been given.

That isn't a fact in any way, shape or form.

pot-and-kettke.jpg

Care to post any particular examples?

Of course nobody could say with any certainty but it seems many believe that, that isn't a significant enough reason not to replace a manager who has produced record-breakingly poor results.

Yes exactly the chances of employing a manager who would be worse than a record breakingly bad manager seem slim, it's possible but not probable.

Ok its not a fact but its my belief and nobody can say with any certainty that if we sack Lambert and bring in another manager we would do any better. I actually believe with the funds provided many other managers would have got this club relegated.

Just as those of us who couldn't see in to the future couldn't say with certainty that a new manager would've done any better than McLeish.

Edited by Isa

And here we are, we've come full circle again, back to the slagging off matches!

#VillaFansOut

Strange that theboyangel likes this post when he is the perpetrator of such. There really are some petty, small-minded people on here.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Yes, I'm a troll, and now you've rumbled me Dellboy.

What I actually believe is that no matter how many of our players are injured, or how miniscule our budget is, all we need is a better manager to come in.

I also believe that better managers are queuing up around the block to manage Aston Villa, thanks to the prospect of a huge transfer kitty. It doesn't matter how pitiful the quality of the available players is, all we need is someone who's really really good at tactics. Yeah, tactics. Any fool can see that's all we need.

:D Great.
The argument seems to have shifted from Lambert has improved us to ignoring what Lambert hasn't done and making silly comments about the idea of replacing him.

Shows how poor he's been really.

It is funny how you use "ignorance" as a reason to berate others who have a different, arguably realistic, view point.

What's realistic about thinking club record lows and a 47% loss rate is the best we can expect?

And here we are, we've come full circle again, back to the slagging off matches!

#VillaFansOut

Strange that theboyangel likes this post when he is the perpetrator of such. There really are some petty, small-minded people on here.

I do, it makes me chuckle but let's get back to the debate of how much you hate Lambert... ;)

For the fans of FACTS!!!!!11111 here are a few:

Villa's record top flight defeat is 8-0 v Chelsea in December 2012.

Villa's record number of home defeats in a season is 10, in the 2013/14 season*

The record for the most frequent use of the phrase "We pick ourselves up and we go again in a single football season" is held by Paul Lambert, who used it 2,547,652 times in the 2012/13 Premier League season**

*may actually end up higher

** not an actual fact as such

For the fans of FACTS!!!!!11111 here are a few:

Villa's record top flight defeat is 8-0 v Chelsea in December 2012.

Villa's record number of home defeats in a season is 10, in the 2013/14 season*

The record for the most frequent use of the phrase "We pick ourselves up and we go again in a single football season" is held by Paul Lambert, who used it 2,547,652 times in the 2012/13 Premier League season**

*may actually end up higher

** not an actual fact as such

So what's the chances of employing a worse manager? IMO highly unlikely, Frank Spencer or the Chuckle Brothers couldn't do worse.

Â