Paul Lambert

limpid

MON and Lambert: Both can't progress beyond one-dimentional, counter-attacking football. Neither have any sort of Plan B. Both value industry, energy and workrate over things like technique and intelligence. Both completely burn bridges with any player who they have the slightest falling out with which links to the egotistical stubborness of both. Both can't tolerate any sort of criticism.

The list goes on...

The only major difference is that Lambert's transfer pool extends beyond these shores.

Lambert doesn't confine himself to British rubbish!!! :D

To add another name in the Marcelo Bielsa would probably take the job as well.

He was on a huge salary in Bilbao.

I didn't know that. All I can find is that he earned €2.5m a year (£40k a week) which isn't inconceivable.

To add another name in the Marcelo Bielsa would probably take the job as well.

He was on a huge salary in Bilbao.

I didn't know that. All I can find is that he earned €2.5m a year (£40k a week) which isn't inconceivable.

How much does Lambert get paid out of interest. I've not seen a figure quoted in the press.

Risso - The sad truth is the players are good enough for the short term ambitions of the club, which is regrettably to survive and cut costs. I suppose we shouldn't have a squad of players but only a eleven men? Great tactical thinking as ever.  ;)

Strawman argument as ever, er ;)

Explain to me the point of buying players if you only play them in absolute emergencies, and when you do they invariably cost you the game.  We had enough rubbish full backs, what was the point of getting rid of them for nothing, only to replace them with the likes of Bennett and Luna?  If you add up the contributions of Bowery, Helenius, Luna and Tonev this season, can you seriously argue that we wouldn't have been better served by just having once decent player instead?

Why exactly is O'Neill being used as some sort of benchmark anyway? He was a failure and so is his crappy protégé.

The bit in bold is uncalled for Isa. Why is Lambert being compared with MON? There is no comparison between the two men.

To be fair MON has actually won something. A bit unfair to compare him to McLeish Part Deux.

Lambert is a lot younger and far more inexperienced than MON. Additionally, I think Lambert would have assembled an awesome team with similar funding to MON.

Trying to prove the improvable. Absolutely no evidence to support that any way one decent signing out of 16 is good? Lambert would need to sign 176 players to make a good side!

Not at all. Look at the players who Lambert has not been allowed to sign, I am sure you would agree they would have enhanced the quality of our team immediately. Anyway, I will let you guys drift off back to your fantasy world undisturbed . I am out of this delusional thread like many other "lambertites" or whatever we are labelled as.

Yes, I'm a troll, and now you've rumbled me Dellboy.

What I actually believe is that no matter how many of our players are injured, or how miniscule our budget is, all we need is a better manager to come in.

I also believe that better managers are queuing up around the block to manage Aston Villa, thanks to the prospect of a huge transfer kitty. It doesn't matter how pitiful the quality of the available players is, all we need is someone who's really really good at tactics. Yeah, tactics. Any fool can see that's all we need.

:D Great.

Slightly undone by the fact that the reason we've got so many shit players is that Lambert's bought most of them.  If they're pitiful, it's bacause Lambert has spent £6m on two godawful left backs, and lots of other players who it's blindingly obvious are never going to be good enough.

O'Neill blew tens of millions on poor players

Some of which would still walk right into our team now such as Curtis Davies and Sidwell.

They wouldn't because we don't pay 60k wages anymore. Slightly off topic but my mate drives sidwell around - he still chuckles at the salary he had at Villa.

I meant ability wise.

Why exactly is O'Neill being used as some sort of benchmark anyway? He was a failure and so is his crappy protégé.

The bit in bold is uncalled for Isa. Why is Lambert being compared with MON? There is no comparison between the two men.

To be fair MON has actually won something. A bit unfair to compare him to McLeish Part Deux.

Lambert is a lot younger and far more inexperienced than MON. Additionally, I think Lambert would have assembled an awesome team with similar funding to MON.

Trying to prove the improvable. Absolutely no evidence to support that any way one decent signing out of 16 is good? Lambert would need to sign 176 players to make a good side!

Not at all. Look at the players who Lambert has not been allowed to sign, I am sure you would agree they would have enhanced the quality of our team immediately. Anyway, I will let you guys drift off back to your fantasy world undisturbed . I am out of this delusional thread like many other "lambertites" or whatever we are labelled as.

To take the same attitude as an earlier poster. Yes he wasn't allowed to sign Messi, Ronaldo or Hazard!

He sounding exactly the same as Ellis. Look who I tried to sign 'pick random player of the moment' but we couldn't afford him. Stinks of complete bullshite a bit like the dispute over the players fees! Lambert is a great one for smoke screens and bullshite.

• Like 1

847489373.png?1396883409

This image ask alot of questions. Mainly what happened to the football between Febuary and December

The football between August and December of this season is in no way comparible to the football between February and May of last season Luke.

847489373.png?1396883409

This image ask alot of questions. Mainly what happened to the football between Febuary and December

The football between August and December of this season is in no way comparible to the football between February and May of last season Luke.

We did ok and the results where good the best we have had all season, we beat Arsenal. Man City and Southampton and maybe should of got something vs Liverpool and Chelsea. The first 3 games where as good if not better than last season

I agree with Delboy, every transfer window is the same, they mug the fans off with press conferences that hint at players being looked at and nothing ever comes of it.

We get taken for mugs so often now by this club and Lambert is a master at playing us along, that's why the club are so happy with him...or at least that's one way to see it

847489373.png?1396883409

We did ok and the results where good the best we have had all season, we beat Arsenal. Man City and Southampton and maybe should of got something vs Liverpool and Chelsea. The first 3 games where as good if not better than last season

But you were asking what had happened to the football. Since the first couple of games, the football this season has been horrendous and we have deservedly nosedived in the second half of the season just as we did during the McLeish season. He had a decent first-half of the season results-wise too.

• Like 1

heres the problem with lambert..as a player he was ok,ok at best..what could he teach gaz barry? nothing as barry was a better player,all lambert signs are players who are average at best which makes lambert  the big i am

take a look at the players he has bombed out..lambert can not manage a top player

I just can't be bothered to reply to these rabid posts.

You know my views, I know yours.

Step 1, Get down WH Smith, buy some markers and cardboard. Step 2, Make some 'Lamberk' & Lerner OUT!! signs and protest about it.

Edited by suttonpaul
  • Like 1

heres the problem with lambert..as a player he was ok,ok at best..what could he teach gaz barry? nothing as barry was a better player,all lambert signs are players who are average at best which makes lambert  the big i am

take a look at the players he has bombed out..lambert can not manage a top player

To be fair though, your stature as a player doesn't reflect on your managerial capability. Mourinho only ever played in the Portuguese lower leagues for example.

Why exactly is O'Neill being used as some sort of benchmark anyway? He was a failure .

agree completely. apparently some think 6th was a great achievement yet these are some of same people that say mid-table is not what we should be aiming for. 6th is not an achievement at all. Hell id be pissed off if we settled on 4th being called an achievement

• Like 1

I just can't be bothered to reply to these rabid posts.

You must attribute a lot of self-importance to yourself to feel that we needed to know that.

• Like 1

Â