Paul Lambert

limpid

Im 90% certain Randy is selling up.  Everything that he has done over the past 2 years points towards this.

As long as he sells to those lovely invest loads of money, make you a giant, PSG / Citeh type owners and not those want a piece of the limelight, change the clubs name / colours and appoint his son's friend as goalkeeper type managers.

The only thing the Daily Mail sums up is that ogling at young children is acceptable as long as it's presented as news.

Apropos nothing at all really, but is there a bigger town or city in Europe that has never had a team play in the Champions League?

Cologne?

Berlin?

Hertha Berlin have played in the Champions League, so Have FC Koln.

Most of us do hope that Mr Lerner will be selling up, however the moment that Lambert signs a new contract I think it will be safe to assume we are going to be stuck with owner and manager for a lot longer than we would all hope for.

I remember Hertha, when did Koln play in the CL?

Doesn't matter Birmingham is slightly bigger than Cologne apparently?

There are some big Russian cities which I doubt have.

The Daily Mail article references "bundles of possession".  The journo must've looked up a couple of stats to get the spend figures, but clearly hasn't watched Villa play or looked at any match stats.  It's not a proper article it is just PFE.

I remember Hertha, when did Koln play in the CL?

Doesn't matter Birmingham is slightly bigger than Cologne apparently?

There are some big Russian cities which I doubt have.

So it is. Cheating and looking it up:

Minsk, Kharkiv, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara and Rostov on Don are all bigger than Brum and I don't think have been represented in the CL.

Said on the OS today that Gabby, Delph and KEA should all be back for the Palace game. KEA in particular has been a massive loss - think we've conceded 8 goals in less than 270 minutes with him out.

Has the word removed gone yet ?

Classy.

sadly came out looking a lot classier than he deserves. damn these word changes

So who would you replace him with?

Pep Guardiola, of course. Nothing more than we deserve, being supporters of this great club,

Was just thinking the thread was running low on sarcasm and over-exaggeration.

So anyone who thinks Lambert isn't doing a good enough job is expecting a manager of Guardiola's ability?

Pep Guardiola, of course. Nothing more than we deserve, being supporters of this great club,

Was just thinking the thread was running low on sarcasm and over-exaggeration.

So anyone who thinks Lambert isn't doing a good enough job is expecting a manager of Guardiola's ability?

Remember don't bite,it's what the trolls want!

What wit! How long did it take you to come up with that one?

• Like 1

It makes no sense to me. Watching the club you support be shit is classed as less than ideal. People unhappy with the club they support being shit pisses you off.

I find it very strange.

Relative to us Leeds are shit. Relative to them Wolves are shit. Relative to them Portsmouth are shit. Shitness is relative and we really don't have it so bad.

That said, I am unhappy when our club isn't making progress or fulfilling it's potential. I feel the changes currently being made to our squad and that squad's wage structure are progress from where we previously were heading. I'm disappointed with how Bent has been cut so far adrift his transfer value is nearly £0 (maybe that wasn't such a bad thing considering his contribution at Fulham) but I think we're in a position where our squad is pretty much all improving for the next few years.

10 home defeats is **** appalling though, that shouldn't even happen to a relegated club. That shit needs to change.

So shit has become relative now, relatively speaking.

Yes, I'm a troll, and now you've rumbled me Dellboy.

What I actually believe is that no matter how many of our players are injured, or how miniscule our budget is, all we need is a better manager to come in.

I also believe that better managers are queuing up around the block to manage Aston Villa, thanks to the prospect of a huge transfer kitty. It doesn't matter how pitiful the quality of the available players is, all we need is someone who's really really good at tactics. Yeah, tactics. Any fool can see that's all we need.

• Like 2

Who would people like to see take Lambert's place?

Ronald Koeman.

*awaits the inevitable "you can't be sure he'll do any better" responses*

Edited by Isa
  • Like 3

Â