Paul Lambert

limpid

From the OS:

Gaffer's verdict: Lambert - We didn't deserve to lose that

Lambert, you poor deluded fool. 

OF COURSE we deserved to lose it because our midfield and forwards were useless all day and you put a player at left back who isn't good enough for League 1 and he gifted Remy a clear scoring chance which Vlaar and Bacuna, doing their Chuckle Brothers act, left him to finish off.

I don't believe we deserved to lose it either. Am I a "poor deluded fool" as well? Both teams were very poor IMO.

Well, I gave my reasoning in the post that you have quoted but, just in case you failed to read it, I'll say it again. Our forwards were poor all match and failed to capitalise on what few chances they created. We then gifted Newcastle a simple goal at the death. If that's not "deserving to lose" you would probably need to explain what you mean by the word "deserve".

The fact that both teams were poor is neither here nor there. We gifted them a goal. There is no ill-luck or ill-fortune involved there. If anything, Newcastle were the unlucky ones being denied a penalty when Bacuna clearly controlled the ball with his hand and hitting the post with Remy's 88th minute shot.

You completely missed the point. I wasn't trying to convince you to see things my way, I was just asking whether I'm not a "poor deluded fool" because I happen to believe that we didn't deserve to lose today?

Weren't fans saying Cardiff, Palace and West Ham were 'Must Win' games? Now Norwich is the 'Must Win' game. Can no-one see a pattern here?

What's your point?

Read 'PacBuddies' posts above. He seems to get what i mean.

I don't really pay any attention to posts that refer to other fans with a different viewpoint as "Lambertophiles".

Weren't fans saying Cardiff, Palace and West Ham were 'Must Win' games? Now Norwich is the 'Must Win' game. Can no-one see a pattern here?

What's your point?

Read 'PacBuddies' posts above. He seems to get what i mean.

Yeah it is quite obvious. When every game is now a must win, and we aren't, it isn't a good position to be in.

Nothing less than a win against Norwich should hold back the calls for Lambert's head at the end of the game. A draw or defeat at home against such a crap team is totally and utterly unacceptable.

They just beat Tottenham though. Some will now consider them a team in form so another defeat can be excused.

Yes there are bound to be some pillocks that will consider them to be a team in form and excuse another defeat.

They did look pretty good today, though.

If you think they are going to be a pushover, you may well be disappointed.

Yes, as I have stated before on this forum today, the Lambertophiles always say the next game is a 'must win game' and when we don't win it they move on to the next game. It saves them having to admit that they were wrong.

I get your point but mathematically its very wrong so I don't get your point. Lets say that we need to win 4 more games this season. Now we don't get more points until the last 4 league games, then those 4 are must win games and none before that are.

You can sit there and watch so many faults in our play week in and week out irrespective of the result or the opposition.

The inevitability of the denial from the manager is worrying.

I have no doubt he sees it as well as we do, but seemingly does not know how to correct it.

We have been here before....we are now treading water not knowing which way to swim.

If Paul lambert gets a new contract it will be on the basis of his accountancy skills rather than his footballing skills, what a tragedy waiting to happen.

I fear Randy is walking in to another poor financial decision.

Yes, as I have stated before on this forum today, the Lambertophiles always say the next game is a 'must win game' and when we don't win it they move on to the next game. It saves them having to admit that they were wrong.

I get your point but mathematically its very wrong so I don't get your point. Lets say that we need to win 4 more games this season. Now we don't get more points until the last 4 league games, then those 4 are must win games and none before that are.

What im saying is, the fans which say this a 'must win' game, when we lose, they say it was just bad luck or 'we got a point, at least we didnt lose', don't you think we should really be beating these lowly teams? What will be the excuse if we lose to Norwich? I completely agree with what you are saying mate, but so many people who consistently back Lambert find excuses, and keep saying the next match is a 'must win'

Lambert needs to sort the team out because the way we're going we could end up being dragged right in to the relegation fight. If we fail to beat Norwich and then lose the next three, which is very possible, we could go into the last 6 games from a bottom 3 position. The last game is almost a write-off so that could leave us needing 11 or 12 points from 15 just to get to 40 points. The way this team is playing there's no chance of that.

I am fearing that we might just get to 35 points and that's going to leave us praying for help from a lot of other teams.

What im saying is, the fans which say this a 'must win' game, when we lose, they say it was just bad luck or 'we got a point, at least we didnt lose', don't you think we should really be beating these lowly teams? What will be the excuse if we lose to Norwich? I completely agree with what you are saying mate, but so many people who consistently back Lambert find excuses, and keep saying the next match is a 'must win'

I think the term is often overused by a lot of people. Personally I don't describe many games as "must win", but I think Norwich is under the circumstances.

Edited by Mantis

How sweet would it be for Norwich next week to turn the screw! Football has a funny way of getting even

Revenge for getting them two promotions and consolidating their premier league position?
Yeah but he did walk out on them and sue them. Hardly a clean exit.

I'd say he is to them what MON is to us.

Mon finished 6th 3 times with the 6th highest wage bill and poor spending. Lambert got them to the premier league which actually helped them wipe out all their debts, so it's a financial reversal. He improved the standing of their club, MON didn't do that for villa. They also sued him.

Im sure no one has intent to get personal on here, but its the better fan myth why people take it so. The fact of the matter is, how ever people see it Lambert has not done as good as he should have with 40 million+. He could have played half the bomb squad if only to get them in the shop window for selling and brought in a bit more quality than the likes of Luna  Tonev, bennett. I mean he has brought in Holt and is hardly playing him. He has changed what was starting to look like a good team with pace and ability to a slow messy boring to watch side. Why can he not motivate Benteke, as he takes all credit for re-signing him, but cant get him to form??

Are there better managers out there, of course there are. Will Lerner sack Lambert. I think he would yes. McLeish carried out his remit in much the same way Lambert has, what makes him so bullet proof!!!

I have never been one that has looked for Paul lambert to be sacked, but when I look at Tony pulls and Sam allerdyce much more determined and deliberate men

I am no fan of either of them but they do get a spirit from their teams, havn't t seen that in us for some time.....and they do call a spade a spade after a match.

This denial is making me weary.

• Like 1

I think the term is often overused by a lot of people. Personally I don't describe many games as "must win", but I think Norwich is under the circumstances.

Fair enough mate. We all have differing opinions, which is what makes this a great forum :)

But don't Norwich fans hate him ? It's not like he'll get a standing ovation next week is it (which he probably deserves based on what he did for them).

Then again I don't recall any abuse last season aimed at lambert from the Norwich away fans at B6 for the 1-1

They do hate him, I just think it's totally irrational because of all he did for their club.

But don't Norwich fans hate him ? It's not like he'll get a standing ovation next week is it (which he probably deserves based on what he did for them).

Then again I don't recall any abuse last season aimed at lambert from the Norwich away fans at B6 for the 1-1

They do hate him, I just think it's totally irrational because of all he did for their club.

I hate him too.

I have never been one that has looked for Paul lambert to be sacked, but when I look at Tony pulls and Sam allerdyce much more determined and deliberate men

I am no fan of either of them but they do get a spirit from their teams, havn't t seen that in us for some time.....and they do call a spade a spade after a match.

This denial is making me weary.

They say once the denial starts........................ :wave:

I hate him too.

A villa fan hating him is rational though, at least there's reasons

I have turned from angry to ambivalent about this squad. Did not even care when Remy's shot went in. Thanks Lerner.

That's pretty much the position I'm in.
Me too. I cared more because it was newcastle who a lot of my mates support.

But replace them with any other team and I care very little. When you come to expect defeat and disappointment it really does numb your senses and response to it.

Well done those travelling fans again. Aston Villa, Lerner and Lambert don't deserve you.

wow. I'm unhappy we lost but to say you didn't care when the goal went in is absolutely disgusting.

It's not disgusting, it's a reality. After the previous 3/4 seasons of crap, I decided not renew my season ticket, I was sick of dreading games. I wanted to bring back the excitement of buying a ticket and looking forward to a game. So far this year, I've been to two, Everton and Newcastle at home, in both of which, we were dog shit, again. Since then, I haven't felt the need to spend money on watching us throw away leads and fail to do complete simple footballing tasks such as passing and moving.

I've got to a point now where I don't feel shitty for long, at first I laugh, mainly because I try to hide any anger, then I laugh again, as I knew it was coming and the people I'm with knew it was coming. My wife laughs as she tells me 'they've done it again'...

Then I realise, I really don't give as much of a shit as I did before. I really am ambivalent (great use of the word above) about it, I just expect the worst now.

I'm done with clowns in defence giving the ball away and making mistake and mistake...yes Ron Vlaar, I'm including you in this now

I'm done with players like KEA being shoved off the ball as he gets tired after 50 ,minutes

I'm done with Wiemann suffering from 'billy big bollucks' syndrome...he certainly didn't miss as many sitters before his new contract

I'm done with Benteke losing his ability to play football having been used as a target for our long ball drivel for so long

And I'm really done with Lambert's post match rubbish that makes us look like idiots.

When you think it can't get worse, it normally does with us, expect to lose at Norwich.

Â