Site pages being redirected (Possible Adware issue)

theboyangel

Question

Limpid,

I've read through the other posts (dating back to June) in relation to being re-directed from VT to various sites. http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/11495-possible-vt-adware/

I've started experiencing issues for the past couple of days, with VT being redirected to http://69.162.111.227/uk/index.php which states 'OUTDATED JAVA PLUGIN DETECTED' (my Java bits and bobs are completely up to date)

This is also happening when viewing the site on my Nokia mobile phone

Thought I'd better let you know

Cheers TBA

Please provide the information requested in the PLEASE READ THIS thread at the top of this forum.

Does it happen with another browser. Does it do it when you use a different internet connection. Also does it happen with the Tapatalk app?

You're the only one reporting this from a iPhone so at the moment it might just be your phone.

Happened in match thread just now redirected to a site when I refreshed the page it auto downloaded a setup.exe which Panda detected and deleted.

Must be related to adds , blocker is on now (along with annoying pink banner) I run a tight ship and haven't had any problems like this with other sites.

Using Chrome FWIW.

Was also happening to me. Exactly the same as mentioned above, nothing for a while.

Was happening on uni computers and my laptop.

Uni, W7, Chrome.

Me, W8, Chrome.

Didn't happen when I switched to the mac.

Did happen when I tried IE on my laptop (which is the current version, sorry.. can't remember the number)

Did happen when I tried Seamonkey (latest version) on my laptop.

Again - NOTHING - since the fix was made.

Edited by DK82

Sorry I didn't see this thread before, I only watch for new issues.

There hasn't been a fix, not since the post you replied to. I've not changed anything. I suspect that supernova26 is correct and it was a rogue advert.

Site is practically unusable for me. I keep being redirected most times to space spot and gettinglaid.com. I only come on here on my mobile using chrome.

Does it happen when you access through other methods?

Site is practically unusable for me. I keep being redirected most times to space spot and gettinglaid.com. I only come on here on my mobile using chrome.

Exactly this for me too, those exact sites as well. Only on my android phone using chrome browser. Seems to have stopped the last 2 days only though.

There hasn't been a fix, not since the post you replied to. I've not changed anything. I suspect that supernova26 is correct and it was a rogue advert.

Ive tried using chrome and the normal internet browser that is installed on Samsung's. Seems to have gotten worse the last few days. Always to the same two websites slimspots and gettinglaid.com. I have cleared my cache, cookies, etc and have no issue with any other site I go on via my phone.

There hasn't been a fix, not since the post you replied to. I've not changed anything. I suspect that supernova26 is correct and it was a rogue advert.

Ive tried using chrome and the normal internet browser that is installed on Samsung's. Seems to have gotten worse the last few days. Always to the same two websites slimspots and gettinglaid.com. I have cleared my cache, cookies, etc and have no issue with any other site I go on via my phone.

Exactly what donnie posted (gettinglaid.com & slimspaces.slots or whatever), those redirects went away for a few days but are now back, any time of day, any site it seems. It appears very random when it decides to do it. Worryingly lookout, ccleaner et all don't find anything in their scans.

I'm worried VT is susceptible to these things on mobile devices as all the issues I've ever had are on my phones. Nothing on my tablet, nothing on my laptop.

Has been starting to happen to me recently. Either happens as soon as I enter the site or every few pages or so. Opens another tab or tries to take you to another page.

Usually scams to get you to download malware. Stuff like "your browser is out of date" or other sh*te.

Â