Site pages being redirected (Possible Adware issue)

theboyangel

Question

Limpid,

I've read through the other posts (dating back to June) in relation to being re-directed from VT to various sites. http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/11495-possible-vt-adware/

I've started experiencing issues for the past couple of days, with VT being redirected to http://69.162.111.227/uk/index.php which states 'OUTDATED JAVA PLUGIN DETECTED' (my Java bits and bobs are completely up to date)

This is also happening when viewing the site on my Nokia mobile phone

Thought I'd better let you know

Cheers TBA

If I just pay to have ads removed will that cure it?

I honestly can't tell you. I can't reproduce it and it seems to be affecting a tiny number of people. If it is the ads being hijacked then yes, that will fix the problem. I cannot tell you definitively that it's caused by the ads. As it's intermittent it's pretty impossible to track down.

The only ad I've added recently only appears on the full site, so it can't be affecting the mobile skin. Nothing else has changed in ad supply in over seven weeks. If you asked me to guess, I'm going to suggest that this is a DNS hijack on devices or routers. If I'm correct, subscribing would fix the issue. It's annoying though as the site makes more revenue from the ads than from a subscription (and still runs at a loss)

Happening on mobile phone. Accessing VT via WiFi on router THROUGH MOB is no issue. If I switch to 3g I get redirected to slim spot and then onto other sites payforit or the virtus site. Tried on chrome and dolphin browser. Both no issue on wifi both redirected on 3g. Phone is android 4.4.4. Redirect is immediate on clicking any topic in villa talk forum. Can't locate online solution in any other forums. Visiting Other random online sites via 3g there is no issue with adware. Not using app. Thanks

I kind of half agree the only two consistent elements are the 3g and VT. No other sites I've tried are affected on the 3g . So either it is my network provider possibly in conjunction with my employer as it's my skive at work, or my IP filters via their service provision and something with VT affects my mob. Anyway thanks for the reply I'll keep an eye on issues as it appears its only me and I do mainly access via wifi. It puts just a small crimp on my mid morning routine. Best regards.

My issue is exactly the same as APPOINTEE. Only on VT, using 3g. Android chrome. Never happens using WiFi.

Definitely a rogue advert causing it which as limpid says, donating should clear the issue up.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

I'm with T-Mobile (EE). Despite initially getting peeved I've realised there is nothing you can realistically do to solve it limpid sort of disabling all adverts, which is not only impractical but would ultimately mean no VT.

It doesn't always happen so around 50% of the time I can use VT on 3g mobile and when it does happen it just means im without vt until i can get a wifi connection, which is fortunately most of the time so it's more of a minor annoyance than a real issue for me I guess.

Edited by Ingram85

It was over lte on koodo, a Canadian carrier which is a sub carrier of telus. I'm not exactly you main demographic with this lol. It was redirecting to a Google play store download page

It's never happened over wifi

Edited by P3te
Â