Service Unavailable

NurembergVillan

Question

20 answers to this question

Twice today I've had a Service Unavailable message.  Once this morning and then again an hour ago.  Both times I've only been able to access a holding page for about 5-10 mins.

Here is said page -

2qsasmu.png

Yep had this happen a few times today for the first time, usually takes about 40+ minutes for VT to be accessible again.

There isn't a single server. It's on a cluster so I suspect a network issue.

Whoooooosh

Both erudite and eloquent. It seems almost a boastful pride of ignorance and yet portrays no desire to learn.

I guess this is related but accessing VillaTalk on my iphone is impossible it starts then diverts to a poker app on the appstore this is through safari or chrome.  Just thought you guys should know!

I guess this is related but accessing VillaTalk on my iphone is impossible it starts then diverts to a poker app on the appstore this is through safari or chrome.  Just thought you guys should know!

Are you using the mobile skin or the full site? What do you mean by "diverts"?

Any reason you don't use the app?

Sorry for the delay I am not that technical I think I use the full site as in I type in www.villatalk.com via safari this used to bring up what I think you call a skin but I click to view the full site and just keep the tab open.  Reason for this is it knows exactly where I am at in threads right page and so on.  The app just confused me sorry!!

So last night with it being open all day in the background I click the tab and it basically diverts after say 2 seconds to the app store to an app called Zynga Poker - Texas Holdem.  Its still doing this when I checked just this minute!

Clearing Cache someone said well again I am no technical guru all I can do in settings on safari is clear history cookies and data and this I have done but it still does not work.  I am using an Iphone 4S

I hope this helps.

I don't know anything about iphones, but is the browser still running with VT open when you close the app store?

What you are describing is pretty much what I'd expect from that particular advert. I can't afford to lose the revenue from that ad since some posters cost us the Google contract.

You are using VT in such an unusual manner that I might not be able to cater for that. Have you tried the app recently? It's continually changing. Unfortunately if you really want to use VT like you do, your only option might be to hit the donate button and remove all the ads. Sorry.

I had the same problem. When loading the page it would open a poker ad and automatically open the App Store which takes you off safari. Going back to safari, the page would be blank and any attempt to reload or re type the address would open the App Store again because of the advert. Not a problem as I have just downloaded the app for the first time and it's going okay.