$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Cowan's has his own job to do. But I don't think we'd be bringing in Keane just for a few months or he would agree to it. Of course he might not have any choice but looking at it as it stands at the moment doesn't look like there is anything doing on the takeover front. We could have a bit of Newcastle situaiton on our hands where we make bizzare appointments until we're sold.

Absolutely Bizarre. Like out of PL and Roy Keane which one am I meant to say oh well hes definitely going to get the best out of these youngsters. Just seems were getting even more one dimensional than before... which I didnt know was possible.

• Like 1

We could be in a pre-sale agreement for all we know & the prospective buyer has been given a short period to carry out due diligence-Or maybe some American financial regulation requires a period between contracts being signed & the actual takeover happening, just like a house purchase.

There are that many scenarios (as we've seen over the past 6 weeks or so) that the only thing for sure is that we're all in the dark.

I still think a sale is closer than many think.  (of course that's not hard to be true because some here seem to think there will be no sale until next summer AT THE EARLIEST.)  Anyway, I think it's sooner rather than later, but I also think Lambert is guaranteed to stay for a season. 

Nobody in their right mind would sign up to be part of his coaching staff it that weren't the case.  Nobody is going to hitch their wagon to a dying star.  He will need the guarantee to garner any interest at all.  Of course, I suspect that several of us on here would be willing to do the coaching for him.  :)   So Paul, if you want to give me a shot, just call me.    (Cue the caustic - "we couldn't do any worse" comments)

I hope you're right however I think no deal is even close I wouldn't be surprised if no firm offers have even been made.

We could be in a pre-sale agreement for all we know & the prospective buyer has been given a short period to carry out due diligence-Or maybe some American financial regulation requires a period between contracts being signed & the actual takeover happening, just like a house purchase.

There are that many scenarios (as we've seen over the past 6 weeks or so) that the only thing for sure is that we're all in the dark.

We could - but our most reliable ITK - has again come up with the goods tonight - he also reckons any takeover is a way off - the pointers suggest he is right.

Keeping optimistic - as its a privately owned club - we could go from no interest to done deal in a matter of weeks  

We could be in a pre-sale agreement for all we know & the prospective buyer has been given a short period to carry out due diligence-Or maybe some American financial regulation requires a period between contracts being signed & the actual takeover happening, just like a house purchase.

Very true. Non of us have a clue. But what we do know for a fact is that buying a Premier League club in the past has very rarely been a profitable investment. We do know that Lerner is looking to recoup as much as he has invested. We do now that our squad is very poor and will need significant investment to make it competitive again.

We also know that a mega rich owner can now longer spend massive sums of money on players because of the BS FFP rules.

All this point towards no sale in my opinion.

We could - but our most reliable ITK - has again come up with the goods tonight - he also reckons any takeover is a way off - the pointers suggest he is right.

Keeping optimistic - as its a privately owned club - we could go from no interest to done deal in a matter of weeks  

We have a reliable ITK ?   Who?  What did he say?

With something like half of PL teams owned by billionaires, most of whom have more cash than Lerner, it would have taken something of Ellison proportions for us to fast track.

Getting taken over will probably give us a slightly higher budget & enable us to pay slightly higher wages that's about it. People need to keep their feet on the ground regarding what they think we'll spend under a new owner.

• Like 2

Absolutely Bizarre. Like out of PL and Roy Keane which one am I meant to say oh well hes definitely going to get the best out of these youngsters. Just seems were getting even more one dimensional than before... which I didnt know was possible.

To be fair, the only positive thing about it is that Keane might pressure Lambert into playing your brother as it is in Ireland's interests.

• Like 4

With something like half of PL teams owned by billionaires, most of whom have more cash than Lerner, it would have taken something of Ellison proportions for us to fast track.

Getting taken over will probably give us a slightly higher budget & enable us to pay slightly higher wages that's about it. People need to keep their feet on the ground regarding what they think we'll spend under a new owner.

Agreed. Takeover or not we are in a relegation battle next season. Nothing will change overnight.

Agreed. Takeover or not we are in a relegation battle next season. Nothing will change overnight.

I disagree, if a takeover was too happen i presume and hope that they would spend enough for us to be stable in the premier league and not scrapping like this every year.

I disagree, if a takeover was too happen i presume and hope that they would spend enough for us to be stable in the premier league and not scrapping like this every year.

Not every year no. First year it is very likely.

Can I have the lottery numbers as well?

Randy Lerner is ready to drop his asking price for Aston Villa - from £200million to £150m.

The American is actively trying to sell the club and brokers have now sounded out potential buyers at a reduced price.

Lerner hoped to do business at £200 million when he was in discussions with un-named bidders in the States.

However, Mirror Sport can reveal that Villa has now been offered to a couple of Middle East investors in the past few days.

But the valuation has dropped and insiders reveal it is likely to come down further as Lerner looks for an exit before next season starts.

Lerner thought he had a deal with his mystery fellow countrymen recently, but that stalled.

Now Villa's concerned owner is searching the globe for a buyer, with the Middle East his main target.

Boss Paul Lambert is left anxiously watching developments, as Lerner is unlikely to spend on new players with a sale on the horizon.

Meanwhile, Roy Keane is considering a shock move to Villa to become Lambert’s new assistant.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Can I have the lottery numbers as well?

Mantis we have had this same discussion for 2 years now and I was right both times. When are you going to realise I'm always right about these things? ;)

Randy Lerner is ready to drop his asking price for Aston Villa - from £200million to £150m.

The American is actively trying to sell the club and brokers have now sounded out potential buyers at a reduced price.

Lerner hoped to do business at £200 million when he was in discussions with un-named bidders in the States.

However, Mirror Sport can reveal that Villa has now been offered to a couple of Middle East investors in the past few days.

But the valuation has dropped and insiders reveal it is likely to come down further as Lerner looks for an exit before next season starts.

Lerner thought he had a deal with his mystery fellow countrymen recently, but that stalled.

Now Villa's concerned owner is searching the globe for a buyer, with the Middle East his main target.

Boss Paul Lambert is left anxiously watching developments, as Lerner is unlikely to spend on new players with a sale on the horizon.

Meanwhile, Roy Keane is considering a shock move to Villa to become Lambert’s new assistant.

I seriously doubt Alan Nixon has any inside information, that article reads like a 'best of panic' posts from this forum.

• Like 3

Boss Paul Lambert is left anxiously watching developments, as Lerner is unlikely to spend on new players with a sale on the horizon.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-asking-price-slashed-3637827#ixzz33WINo3ml

Sounds like Lerner is pretty desperate to get out which is encouraging. How much of a loss will he take? Do what's right for Villa Mr Lerner. You will still have more money than all of us could ever dream about.

Most of us will only ever have 9-5, moaning wives, ungrateful kids, and our salvation - the Villa!