$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Just as a follow up to those tweets above the same guy said this on someone else's timeline

Tim Harding ‏@coeur_de_lion__ 9h

@Bisqwit and he's pretty sure that HOUSTON is the key game #avfc

I guess that would point back to AEG.

I know it was mentioned a while back in this thread, but Clark Hunt and the Hunt clan make some sense. They own the Kansas City Chiefs who have not been great recently except last year. They are Texans and own FC Dallas. Clark's father was one of the founding investors of MLS.

As a Chiefs fan I can't say I'd be overly happy about it if it was the Hunts.

Just as a follow up to those tweets above the same guy said this on someone else's timeline

Didn't Tim Harding put up the photos that started palletgate?

What's palletgate?

A few seasons ago someone posted a photo of the new home shirt before it was revealed,followed by plenty of discussion if it was real or not.

Oh and the shirt was lying on a pallet.

Edited by Derryvillan

I dunno I come away for an evening and its all kicking off with Doyen Sports, Tim Harding's tweets and Frank Leigh sticking to the Saudi consortium with a European CEO story.

Either way gang, I think it is getting more & more convincing that we will be sold come the start of the season at the latest.
  • Like 1

Didn't Tim Harding put up the photos that started palletgate?

What's palletgate?

A few seasons ago someone posted a photo of the new home shirt before it was revealed,followed by plenty of discussion if it was real or not.

Oh and the shirt was lying on a pallet.

Yeah I remember that photo! http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/new-0708-aston-villa-kit_306

As I say perhaps a lucky guesser, but this is what was posted back in April. The part in bold stuck out, with what's been said tonight obviously the whole Turkish/Saudi think doesn't match up though.

You have to be signed up to the forum to see all his posts but you can search the site via google for results containing his name here.

The Turkish/Saudi thing doesn't add up I agree, however, Turkey is a middle eastern country to a degree (although this is an argued subject, parts being in Europe).

I think it is interesting that if this guy is correct, he mentions player ownership as you pointed out. It also matches up with Doyen Group being headed by a European CEO in Nelio Lucas.

One interesting point to note about this link is that the new company, Doyen Sports II, is apparently not being financially backed by the exact same people. €200m is a lot of cash to be announcing about though. All we know is:

Three additional investors have signed up for the group’s second 200 million-euro fund. The money staked by the investors is a fraction of their wealth, according to Lucas.

“The group is backed from private families,” he said. “It’s very clear we have so many investments in so many things. So many billions in turnover. So 100 million it’s a little drop in the ocean. Now 200 million, that’s two drops in the ocean.”

I dunno about this one myself, interesting reading at least.

• Like 1

I don't know how I'd feel about this Doyen group, if the rumour turned out to be more than that. They seem to have plans in place and obviously some knowledge/contacts regarding promising players, however, would they buy a team to make them a success, or just to make a profit?

I don't know how I'd feel about this Doyen group, if the rumour turned out to be more than that. They seem to have plans in place and obviously some knowledge/contacts regarding promising players, however, would they buy a team to make them a success, or just to make a profit?

If you're making a profit with a football team then isn't that due to them being successful? or have I just made that up?

I guess their obvious goal would be to make a profit, but they partially own some top young talent that would improve us, Leandro Damiao and Luc Castagnios would be more than welcome to join Villa for example.

Remember this all stems from Tevfik Eren apparently wanting to buy a club in the Premier League, I'm just stringing together the pieces of info regarding him and the sports arm of the Doyen Group that he financially backs/owns.

If you're making a profit with a football team then isn't that due to them being successful? or have I just made that up?
Doyen's business (or some of) is loaning teams money to buy players or having shares in that player (if allowed in the country operating). So I thought it reasonable to assume they would buy promising players and sell them for profit once established. You don't need to be successful to make a profit.
  • Like 1

Just for the fun of speculation.

If Doyen wanted to do a similar thing in Premier League and own a team to make that happen. I can imagine ensuring how that would work "ie third party ownership" in different leagues and importing them into an owned entity in Premier League would be quite a complicated process and take a fair bit of working through with the lawyers and league etc.

Maybe why we get the extended period of "no news".

I'm sure they wouldn't want to be associated with a team doing poorly.

But wouldn't Doyen owning us be a conflict of interest. If they're loaning other teams money and owning us at the same time?

Ok I'm going to ask the question here, I put it down to a lack of Coffee. But is having Tevfik Eren/Doyen group coming into us such as bad idea?

At least we'd have some bright young talent gracing VP. Plus as long as I've been a fan, we have always sold our best players. So this would be the norm.

Ok I'm going to ask the question here, I put it down to a lack of Coffee. But is having Tevfik Eren/Doyen group coming into us such as bad idea?

At least we'd have some bright young talent gracing VP. Plus as long as I've been a fan, we have always sold our best players. So this would be the norm.

I agree our best young players after couple of years are sold anyway,intresting aswell how Steven Defour is on there books and we were linked with him last season.

Ok I'm going to ask the question here, I put it down to a lack of Coffee. But is having Tevfik Eren/Doyen group coming into us such as bad idea?

I don't think it'd be a bad idea, and it'd be nice if we could actually replace our best players with players who have the potential to be as good! (which has been our downfall). My issue, I suppose, is that even if we did well with this kind of 'business-model' approach, when (if) we got to the point where we think 'right, we just need the owners to invest that bit more, to push us to the next level', they might refuse to increase the spending if it's not part of the plan/structure (... But, that'd still be better than battling relegation!)