$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Found this intresting...on Twitter I know.

Never been an #itk - BUT!

Good friend of mine gave me a glimpse of the 1st Nike kit a few years ago, which I released on Villa Talk. Got in to a lot of trouble #avfc

Same source gave me info about the Macron deal six months before it happened. Now maybe he only gets info about kits, but all the same #avfc

He's absolutely adamant that Texas is where our new owners will come from. Won't commit on which names from Texas, but #avfc

tells me that the efforts going on within the club are centread around, and deadlined to the date of, our tour of Texas #avfc

Has seen the club prepare for many tours over many years, and at no time has he seen preparations of this magnitude #avfc

Whatever happens, I think we all agree that going into next season without this uncertainty is an absolute must #avfc

Seems very plausible to me

Jim Crane? Owns the Houston Astros, a baseball team.

He doesn't sound like one of the anonymous bullshitters so if his source is right, there could be something to it. The newsitem in OS is very long and clearly very highly planned... :detect:

Based on what he says, I think his source is somebody on VT  :detect:

Someone from within the club could or does read this site, maybe that's why he got into trouble. Not that his source uses this site.

I hope I'm wrong on this one, but this is my theory anyway:

I suspect that Randy has got sick of all the pelters he's been getting about being an awful owner. Lots of fans saying that he should bugger off and sell us to a billionaire.

He knew it would be inevitable that many would be calling for Paul Lamberts head after such a dissapointing season. He would be put under pressure to get rid of the manager when the he had done nothing wrong in his eyes. Remember the restrictions the manager has been working within regards players salaries etc. It's no wonder many of the players are struggling. Quality players play consistently well, that is the big difference with many of our players. They have their good games but more bad than good.

This I believe is Randy Lerner saying " OK, lets see who will come in and is prepared to pay £200 million for the club and then invest millions with no realsitic chance of getting that money back".

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, this is the real world and the Oligaths and Shelks are few and far between. We could be lucky, but as sad as it sounds this is a wake up call to where we are. A club that is operating on a budget and any progress will be slow.

A lot people seized on the fact that his statement had an element of 'goodbye' in it - with a sale starting to look some way off - I'm just wondering has he washed his hands of us ? - Like the Randy Lerner years were 2006-2014 - Whatever happens now isn't on his watch. Also looking at the prices that championship clubs go for, why would pay £200m for Aston Villa.

I know Reading have debts which need to be paid - but the bidding price is £1 !!!!1 - buy that ...£30m on players - would give you a decent crack at promotion - perhaps another £40 to keep them in the prem. Where as Aston Villa is £200m - £30m to stay in the prem - perhaps £70-80m to make us competitive.

It would seem to me the value for money thing to do is to buy an ailing championship club..

FFP
Talking of FFP. Are PSG immune to the rules?

Nope got fined the same as man city, qpr fined even more

I'd love it if our new owners were Texans. I used to live in Austin and both Texas and Villa are very close to my heart. It'd be like watching Scarlett Johansen and Jessica Alba make love.

• Like 3

Googling this Tevfik Arif guy I'm seeing lots of stuff about Hedge Funds which is apparently what the Americans involved in the consortium looking to takeover sha are involved with. So wouldn't be surprised if he's somehow involved with that.

I know that's a pretty random leap but just read something else to make me think about it.

not at all random.

The 'noses are for sale and likely to be pinched for low money.

If the Villa are 'pinched', it will probably be in excess of £180m.

If someone wants to have a football club to play with and maybe make something happen, the 'noses are a cheap shot and definitely fall within a lot more people's budget.

No chance of getting a name on that plane I bet?

Edit:

He is London based now by the way, not sure if that means he wouldn't own a Turkish private jet?

Private charter.

Quite often jets are owned by people and run on the operating licence of a charter company, but equally this aircraft could be chartered by many different people at any given time. There is no way of telling actual ownership in this case.

I couldn't link it previously, which is why I didn't mention it, but this would be the kind of aircraft that the named person would use.

• Like 1

Don't know about citizenship but he is based in London now. I guess somebody like that gets himself around though.

That article simply says he is interested in a Premier League team though, so it could just be made up rubbish. One thing is for sure, he wouldn't be buying the club outright himself, it'd be the sports group IMO.

Yeah it is an extremely tenuous link but the fact he fronts a sports group adds some weight to it. Good sleuthing by the way.

• Like 2

Don't know about citizenship but he is based in London now. I guess somebody like that gets himself around though.

That article simply says he is interested in a Premier League team though, so it could just be made up rubbish. One thing is for sure, he wouldn't be buying the club outright himself, it'd be the sports group IMO.

Yeah it is an extremely tenuous link but the fact he fronts a sports group adds some weight to it. Good sleuthing by the way.

I don't know the ins and outs, but does anybody know why the sports group would create a separate arm/business to invest this further 200m?

I mean, would it make sense for them to make a new company if they were to be taking over an entire football club?

I don't know the ins and outs, but does anybody know why the sports group would create a separate arm/business to invest this further 200m?

I mean, would it make sense for them to make a new company if they were to be taking over an entire football club?

It's all about ring-fencing your investments and liabilities. If things go tits up with Villa (and tbh football clubs are just money-losing machines anyway) it won't affect any other part of their group if it's in a separate company. Particularly handy if administrators etc come sniffing at your assets if things go REALLY tits up...

• Like 3

Now this makes it more intresting and the article is from last week...

http://www.sportbusiness.com/sportbusiness-international/doyen-sports-targets-english-premier-league

Sleuthing complete.

Basically it is a way for clubs to buy 'better' players without actually having the big money themselves.

Now, how could this work in the UK? They can't own players as a third party group, but they can own a football club (Aston Villa for example). Maybe the idea is to buy promising young talent from within their 'network' with the goal of selling them on for profit within three years, more than likely to other teams within their 'network'. 

Now this makes it more intresting and the article is from last week...http://www.sportbusiness.com/sportbusiness-international/doyen-sports-targets-english-premier-league

Sleuthing complete.

Basically it is a way for clubs to buy 'better' players without actually having the big money themselves.

Now, how could this work in the UK? They can't own players as a third party group, but they can own a football club (Aston Villa for example). Maybe the idea is to buy promising young talent from within their 'network' with the goal of selling them on for profit within three years, more than likely to other teams within their 'network'.

Teams like Porto and Benfica are pretty much run on that basis and as a business model it works incredibly well. For fans it would mean having to get used to losing your best players every couple of years...which I guess we already are used too ;)

Edit: Not quite a financial success at Benfica actually just checking now.

Edited by Isa

Someone on that TBAR has been saying all along that the new owners will be Saudi and that they'll bring a European CEO with them and has stuck to that story despite the hysteria around other ideas on that site. Suggests that he has a friend in the media and to be fair to him looking through his posting history he seems to haven gotten more correct than 'Admin' has.

As I say this person has gotten a few things right in a round about way so maybe he's just a good guesser but something else he has said is that new guys will be somehow involved in thirdy party ownership..

He posts under the name Frank Leigh.

Someone on that TBAR has been saying all along that the new owners will be Saudi and that they'll bring a European CEO with them and has stuck to that story despite the hysteria around other ideas on that site. Suggests that he has a friend in the media and to be fair to him looking through his posting history he seems to haven gotten more correct than 'Admin' has.

As I say this person has gotten a few things right in a round about way so maybe he's just a good guesser but something else he has said is that new guys will be somehow involved in thirdy party ownership..

Any chance you can copy some stuff here?

I also seem to remember TheTrees mentioning an airplane from Riyadh that came to BHX. Unless I dreamt of being on VT reading posts from TheTrees. Now that is concerning.

Well anyway Prince Al Waleed is from Riyadh. Saudi Arabian and cashed up. Hes got some serious coin!

Here is one post where he basically sums up all he has said:

OK.

I heard ages ago that the club was not being sold and Lambert was to be retained as manager. This was from a close friend in the national press. I put that on here quite some time back.

He then contacted me with a story the Mirror group were putting out about a sale.

I put that on here before it came out in the People.

I've since heard that we were to be bought out by a Saudi consortium with a European CEO. Only nothing would happen until after the world cup. The group interested wanted a football club as brand to build up on the approach to Qatar.

I've put that on here a while back. I also stated that this is what I have been told and believed to be the truth in good faith.

Why I may come across as 'bashing', all I'm saying is that everyone is trying to read something into every utterance that lands on the net. There's a lot of bullshit appearing on twitter and radio and forums that all and sundry are picking up and running with it.

I want Aston Villa to have responsible owners and maybe some extra cash to build a great team. I just hope that happens and we can get on with talking about football again.

I hope my knowledge is correct, I've no cause to doubt it. What will be will be - we can't wish a new moneybags owner upon us.

I know Randy will do the right thing.

http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/spa/Frank%20Leigh

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Well heres a copy of the post where he mentions third party ownership

Here's some titbits for you, so tick them off if you wish:

Lambert is fully aware of what's going on behind the scenes re: takeover.

Takeover will not happen until after world cup.

Lambert will remain in charge for the 'foreseeable' future.

US buyers have been outbid a long time ago.

New prospective buyers are Saudi origin although CEO maybe European.

New buyers will invest in club/team before they takeover (not sure what this means so bear with me)

New buyers 'own' certain players they wish to bring in.

As I said, Lambert fully aware of all of this.

Lerner has been waiting for the 'right' buyers to approach. Criteria on developing club as well as financial input. But I think we knew that anyway.

Massive investment in Villa brand expected with build up to Qatar world cup in mind.

As I say perhaps a lucky guesser, but this is what was posted back in April. The part in bold stuck out, with what's been said tonight obviously the whole Turkish/Saudi think doesn't match up though.

You have to be signed up to the forum to see all his posts but you can search the site via google for results containing his name here.