$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I would take Man City's owners tbf. 

We need both - more money invested and an infastructure to build a successful team that is sustainable.  A top to bottom rethink of our footballing philoshophy.  A top draw scouting system, director of football etc.  An infastructure that will last no matter who the manager is in.

Exact.

But while that cultural change is taking place we need to ensure we stay in the league,  so we need the millions and millions spent to keep us here

Millions and millions as in tens of millions, not hundreds.

Well lets have a look shall we?

Decent new left back = 5-10M

Decent new right back = 5-10M

New central defender = 10M

Two new midfielders = 20M

New wide midfielder = 10M

Thats 60 Million right there before you think of anything else and we may need more than that

Then what do you do?  Do you buy players good enough for now or good enough for the now and future? and then what with the existing players you already have?  They'll need replacing as well when do you do that?

So do you buy players good enough for top half or players good enough for better than that?  Because the top half players will only be good enough for that and will themselves need replacing if eventually we want to move on

Just some practicalities to consider there when people say they want organic growth

I think it is a rather telling and very depressing indication of where modern football is at that people turn their nose up to owners worth £2bn.

Football is more than a little sickening at times.

totally but this is the game

I would take another Randy Lerner as long as that owner spends the money we need to improve and builds the footballing infastructure up.  **** free travel and free scarves just get us a good scouting system.

If I can be boring (so whats new) - Theres a natural order to things - you loose youre job - you get a comparable one ...for example....

So another bloke of Lerners ilk is highly probable. Lerner has spent a decent wedge on us - but has got nearly all the big calls wrong - He didn't appoint a robust CEO to try and boost our revenues .....

Another bloke like Lerner migh not be exciting - but equally we could improve under such a guy...

I would take Man City's owners tbf. 

We need both - more money invested and an infastructure to build a successful team that is sustainable.  A top to bottom rethink of our footballing philoshophy.  A top draw scouting system, director of football etc.  An infastructure that will last no matter who the manager is in.

Exact.

But while that cultural change is taking place we need to ensure we stay in the league,  so we need the millions and millions spent to keep us here

Millions and millions as in tens of millions, not hundreds.

Well lets have a look shall we?

Decent new left back = 5-10M

Decent new right back = 5-10M

New central defender = 10M

Two new midfielders = 20M

New wide midfielder = 10M

Thats 60 Million right there before you think of anything else and we may need more than that

Then what do you do?  Do you buy players good enough for now or good enough for the now and future? and then what with the existing players you already have?  They'll need replacing as well when do you do that?

So do you buy players good enough for top half or players good enough for better than that?  Because the top half players will only be good enough for that and will themselves need replacing if eventually we want to move on

Just some practicalities to consider there when people say they want organic growth

That's all very arbitrary. To get into mid-table we need investment but certainly wouldn't need that much. It's not as if the clubs that finished mid-table this year spent a great deal.

If anything wages are more important. Something like £25-£30m would be enough but only if we're prepared to pay more in wages.

So basically it all looks like another botched effort by Lerner. Up for sale, no buyer, no new contracts, no transfer funds and we are stuck with Lambert.....great.

Oh and Albrighton can walk as his contract will be up at the end of next month.

Have I missed something? Where have you deduced that from?

Not as far as I know, just people jumping to conclusions and automatically assuming the worst as usual.

Perhaps you would like to share your 'everything is rosy in the garden' conclusion with us then?

• Like 1

I wan't us to do a Man City in the sense that the new owners should:

Hire a proper Director of football like with Bergiristain.

Build up a comprehensive scouting organization

Make a serious comittment to the youth academy - City had loads of success with their youth teams this season and they are vacuuming the world for talents.

Can't see a new owner doing the City part of spending silly money on loads of superstars, but the other parts of what City does can be copied imo.

• Like 1

I think we need a lot of work done:

Scouting - important

A fully thought out managerial team - and a plan for success - VERY important.

Team wise:

Goalkeeper - no problems

Right back - addition needed (5-7m)

Centre back - Vlaar, Okore are good. + one experienced head (30-34) and one other addition. (5-7m)

Left back - needs a new addition (5-7m)

Wingers - I think Alby will go, we need at least three wingers of high quality (13-18m)

Attacking midfielder - boy we need this - but not as much as DM, still it would help unlock teams (7-9m)

Defensive midfielder - VERY important, we need somebody who can sit back and tidy up - (10-12m)

Midfield - Delph, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Bacuna - not a problem with these around the squad/first team.

Strikers - Benteke, Weimann, Kozak are a good start, Robinson is another who can be around the strikers and learn from them. I think I am happy with these, maybe a loan to cover Benteke till December.

We also have Grealish who can come in at AM, ML and should be given at least 20 games (sub/start) through the season.

So I think to compete we need to spend 40-50m, on top of costs to sort the scouting, management etc. It's a big challenge and I would hope if somebody has 2bn, he has others who want to invest in a team, and a plan to make things happen.

I really want Man City style owners.

I also really want Emily Ratajkowski to sit on my face.

Both equally as likely.

What a fine looking young lady she is

So basically it all looks like another botched effort by Lerner. Up for sale, no buyer, no new contracts, no transfer funds and we are stuck with Lambert.....great.

Oh and Albrighton can walk as his contract will be up at the end of next month.

Have I missed something? Where have you deduced that from?

Not as far as I know, just people jumping to conclusions and automatically assuming the worst as usual.

Perhaps you would like to share your 'everything is rosy in the garden' conclusion with us then?

No because I don't have one. I said let's wait and see. I know it may sound wild but there is a middle ground - just because I don't automatically think everything is shit doesn't mean I think everything is great either.

So, er, any takeover news?

No, just people squabbling and one poster calling the rest of us spoilt children.

Oh, and no more puns, either, by the look of it.  :(

You clearly didn't read my post then because that's not what I said at all. I said some people were complaining in the manner of spoiled children.

Thankfully I think most people would be happy so long as there was fair investment and good decisions being made at the top.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

If you want Aston VIlla to be above average then it needs someone to invest a lot of money into it. Someone having a large amount of wealth may not be a guarantee that they are going to spend but you might as well have someone who at least has the capacity to do so. Sadly we can't just magically employ the right football people and we'll be all succesful otherwise everyone would be doing it.

£2bn is a hell of a lot of money. Even John Henry is "only" worth £1.5bn. Funnily enough, Mike Ashley is supposedly worth £6.5bn.

People need to understand that when you're talking about billionaires they're all rich enough to fund heavy investment.

I don't think you need to tell people that two billion is a lot of money I think everyony is well aware of that fact. When I originally used the phrase "only two billion"  I was speaking relative to the costs of running a Premier league football club

And just because I fear someone else coming in worth a similar wealth to Randy would bring us more of the same doesn't mean to say that I'm spoilt or that I would complain and I don't expect a Man City style takeover.

As for Mike Ashley and John Henry, I don't think Ashley is worth as much as that and the Liverpool owner has The Fenway Sports Group behind him and I'm sure Liverpool must bring in a lot of money through their commercial revenues.

If you want Aston VIlla to be above average then it needs someone to invest a lot of money into it. Someone having a large amount of wealth may not be a guarantee that they are going to spend but you might as well have someone who at least has the capacity to do so. Sadly we can't just magically employ the right football people and we'll be all succesful otherwise everyone would be doing it.

£2bn is a hell of a lot of money. Even John Henry is "only" worth £1.5bn. Funnily enough, Mike Ashley is supposedly worth £6.5bn.

People need to understand that when you're talking about billionaires they're all rich enough to fund heavy investment.

I don't think you need to tell people that two billion is a lot of money I think everyony is well aware of that fact. When I originally used the phrase "only two billion"  I was speaking relative to the costs of running a Premier league football club

And just because I fear someone else coming in worth a similar wealth to Randy would bring us more of the same doesn't mean to say that I'm spoilt or that I would complain and I don't expect a Man City style takeover.

As for Mike Ashley and John Henry, I don't think Ashley is worth as much as that and the Liverpool owner has The Fenway Sports Group behind him and I'm sure Liverpool must bring in a lot of money through their commercial revenues.

If a new owner came in and brought more of the same that wouldn't be down to their wealth but rather their decisions. There have been plenty of "poor" Premier League owners who have invested fairly and made good decisions just like there have been owners with ridiculous wealth who have made bad decisions.

That's all very arbitrary. To get into mid-table we need investment but certainly wouldn't need that much. It's not as if the clubs that finished mid-table this year spent a great deal.

If anything wages are more important. Something like £25-£30m would be enough but only if we're prepared to pay more in wages.

Ok and what if we want to achieve more than mid table?  What do we buy then?  and what about the players we have then bought to get to mid table?

Ok and what if we want to achieve more than mid table?  What do we buy then?  and what about the players we have then bought to get to mid table?

You can't run before you walk. Let's just take it step by step.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I just don't want to be in a relegation battle again next season. If Lambert stays and is only given £20m to spend I think we are ****.

We won't go down next season, or be in a battle.

I just don't want to be in a relegation battle again next season. If Lambert stays and is only given £20m to spend I think we are ****.

We won't go down next season, or be in a battle.

I hope you're right. My biggest fear is that this "takeover" drags on and on and we are left in lambo limbo until it is resolved.

So much contradicting bullshit in the media as well as the forums it's a real mind hump.