Midweek football 25/26 March

andykeenan

The thing with Barkley is hes done that at times this season and everyone has said he should be called up, then he has a handful of anonymous games and hes shit again. Looks a real talent but lets see what he does for the enxt two months before declaring he must be in the squad.

I'd love to believe these english wonderkids will be special but they never do live up to the hype really do they? They get built up and called up too fast.

Manchester United won't be top 6 now Spurs will finish ahead of them and so will Everton.

Is there any scenario where it'd won't get Europa if they finish 7th?

I'm guessing with city winning the league cup that there isn't

There are 3 Europa league places, 1 in the league, 2 in the cups. 5th in the league gets in and now 6th. The FA cup winners or finalists get the other spot so if Arsenal win it and most likely finish in the top four the other finalist gets the spot.

So no I don't think 7th even gets a spot.

Yaya Toure reminds me so much of Vieira in his pomp. How United could have done with a Roy Keane tonight. Shame ain't it? *snigger*

And yet he's fairly lazy. I don't know what would happen if he gave his all.

Barkley looks a talent, for me he is probably best young English talent at the moment and is being managed well by Martinez. as impressive as the goal is I don't see one Newcastle tackle

as for City vs United for all the criticism he got recently I thought Demichelis was brilliant last night

I thought Demichelis still made some strange decisions in that game though.

That Wellbeck chance, he just read it totally wrong and gave him a free shot essentially.

Kasper Schmeichel took a leaf out of his father's book this evening too. 90th minute equaliser

Didn't count though did it?

It did. A Leicester player (Chris Wood) buried the rebound so some sources, including the stadium announcer are crediting the goal to him but the Football League will give it to Schmeichel. 

I thought Demichelis still made some strange decisions in that game though.

That Wellbeck chance, he just read it totally wrong and gave him a free shot essentially.

I can't see Demichelis playing as many games next season, he has been an interesting stop gap this term though. He has made quite a few high profile mistakes but apparently City have a much better defensive record when he is in the team than when he is out. The guy on the radio last night said City actually have had more clean sheets when Kompany isn't playing and Demichelis is. 

didn't see the game but apparently he was brilliant against Hull when Kompany got sent off early on. City have kept 5 clean sheets in 6 league games and think he played all them games

Yeah I'd take Barkley to the world cup. Travesty if he's left out for a Carrick or Lampard as plenty of press were doing in their squads a few weeks back.

Good to see some young English players hitting form, this country does still produce some decent players from time to time.

agree, especially with the 1st bit

the 2nd bit, its where the clubs and players dont help themselves, everything to me says stop at everton, play football, play under martinez who's style of football will help his game, get his £30k a week contract and be happy, so no doubt this time next year he'll be on citys bench earning £80k a week happy that he's "made it"

Kasper Schmeichel took a leaf out of his father's book this evening too. 90th minute equaliser

Didn't count though did it?

It did. A Leicester player (Chris Wood) buried the rebound so some sources, including the stadium announcer are crediting the goal to him but the Football League will give it to Schmeichel. 

Hmmm, I read that the referee confirmed he'd played on, which means it's Wood's goal.

Dubious goals committee doesn't exist outside of the Premier League, so I'm not sure Schmeichel can have the goal.

Goals are awarded by the team who scored them, so if the ref has decided Schmeichel's wasn't a goal (wrongly obviously) then I'm not sure they can do anything?

Yeah I'd take Barkley to the world cup. Travesty if he's left out for a Carrick or Lampard as plenty of press were doing in their squads a few weeks back.

Good to see some young English players hitting form, this country does still produce some decent players from time to time.

agree, especially with the 1st bit

the 2nd bit, its where the clubs and players dont help themselves, everything to me says stop at everton, play football, play under martinez who's style of football will help his game, get his £30k a week contract and be happy, so no doubt this time next year he'll be on citys bench earning £80k a week happy that he's "made it"

Just hope he doesn't do a Rodwell.

Just thought I'd drop in that I'm over the moon that Portsmouth are doing so badly. I was there when they won the FA cup, and it was a kick in the nuts. I kept telling them the bubble would burst though, and so it has. 

Well can truly. 

Â