Infamous: Second Son

villarule123

Who's jumping on this then this week? Looks incredible, I've never played an Infamous game though so I'm not sure how the gameplay is.

My first proper next gen game (all others are multi plats)

i played a bit of the 1st but preferred prototype which was released at the same time

played a bit of no 2 with PSN+ but not that much

will probably pick it up after ive finished south park, im hoping / assuming it will use all of the PS4 features, such as the touch pad etc

Edited by villa4europe

I played (and completed) the first one.

It was fine. Nothing spectacular, imo, and a pretty weak story.

Something about the combat always bothered me. hard to put my finger on, it just never felt very comfortable using the "weapons" at your disposal.

While fun for a bit and good they were never great. Always felt like something was missing. Not sure what it was. Id even say that after a few hours they both become bland, routine and idea-less.

Apart from looking a whole lot better I'm not sure how this one is going to do any better sales wise as the previous two.

• Like 1

I thought the gameplay of the first two was enough to keep my attention. For what it's worth, I got both via PS+ so never really paid anything for either. The main character was one of the main failings, incredibly vanilla - but then he had to be seeing as you could play as good or evil.

I'll get it on PS4 when I have one, more than likely as part of the inevitable future PS+ offer

Just started it, the graphics are insane, especially the facial expressions.

Makes me even more excited for the new Uncharted.

Same here, it looks absolutely gorgeous so far.

Edited by Designer1

I really enjoyed it, finished a playthrough (hero). should add I haven't played an infamous game before.

The kicking dup out of areas aspect is a bit of an after thought for me as you can quite happily run through the whole map without doing it, and having to do it before a mission was the only reason I did.

I am interested to see how your decisions affect the game because I think the differences could be pretty huge.

overall a fun game fun story even if it is a bit short.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe that's the problem. This is the first in the series I've played.

I shouldn't think that matters, you're not missing much backstory. It's the same game as the first, with better graphics and weaponry.

I like the series generally, it's good fun. But **** me it's shallow as a puddle.

Played a few hours got a bit bored, picked it back up this week and realised I hadnt really unlocked the full game I was still in the introduction part. Ive got some more powers now and feel a bit invincible, its great fun but if it has no more than what its got now ill be bored again very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished, did enjoy it and didnt get bored as I thought I would. It is a bit short but I think it runs out of tricks and prolonging the game would have left people very bored with the repetition, even with 4 powers.

Â