Germany

StefanAVFC

• 2 weeks later...

Berlin is a good shout, fantastic city. Would recommend the Pangea People hostel if you're looking for somewhere cheap and in a good spot. It's right by Alexanderplatz so it's pretty central.

Koln is a great shout. Went there for a stag do a few yrs back. Loads of bars about and all really friendly. Apparently it's Germany's stag/hen location for German. We saw about 8 different groups. Hens in Germany apparently have a tradition where they have to sell items (shots, sex accessories (only small play ones) etc).

Koln is a great shout. Went there for a stag do a few yrs back. Loads of bars about and all really friendly. Apparently it's Germany's stag/hen location for German. We saw about 8 different groups. Hens in Germany apparently have a tradition where they have to sell items (shots, sex accessories (only small play ones) etc).

Filed away under "interesting potential " when it comes to discussing the next lads trip

heading Berlin myself this weekend. anybody know any interesting bars that could be good or any tips that tourists don't usually know?

also maybe a stupid question but what is the competency of the English like as ive heard from some people that a lot of people speak the language and others say its not that common

heading Berlin myself this weekend. anybody know any interesting bars that could be good or any tips that tourists don't usually know?

also maybe a stupid question but what is the competency of the English like as ive heard from some people that a lot of people speak the language and others say its not that common

I've yet to meet a German that can't speak English tbh

Most Berliners speak German, English and ...... Turkish

If you want weird Berlin there was a restaurant - I think its still open - which is basically totally in the dark where you get served by blind waiters

Do one of the beer bike trips from by the Brandenburg Gate - always good fun and you get to speak to a few other slightly drunk tourists

• Like 1

Most Berliners speak German, English and ...... Turkish

If you want weird Berlin there was a restaurant - I think its still open - which is basically totally in the dark where you get served by blind waiters

Do one of the beer bike trips from by the Brandenburg Gate - always good fun and you get to speak to a few other slightly drunk tourists

I went there and the waiter said "shall i see you to your table "

those bikes were bloody irritating if you ask me but then i have a dislike for cyclists anyway  :P .. the Trabant tours looked more fun but obviously involve less drinking ,

There's a bar called Erdbeer in Berlin, which, not surprisingly given their name do the best strawberry daquiris in the world (IMO). 

edit: just checked and its closed  :(

Â