Favourite Villa Shirt

Wainy316

AstonVillaASSRetro1982a-EuroCupFinal.jpg

Love this one!

Asked for it for Christmas once but Mom got the wrong one. She still got the white away kit from the season before, so it's still lovely. But that one above is beautiful. The fact it's associated with our greatest ever moment is all the better.

My first ever top was the Rainbow Bosnich one.

But I didn't have a name on my shirts for years. In fact I think the first player name I ever got was Baros on this shirt 

$T2eC16VHJGIFFoo0GMS3BR0u4OHh4w~~60_35.J

Which is a horrible shirt, imo. But the printing was free if you got Baros. Oh well!

Edited by Stevo985

Favourite - the Reebok 1995/96 shirt both home and away were really nice kits and of great, enduring quality.

2nd - the 1992/93 home shirt with the laces. We looked really good at VP in that, even Frank McAvennie... The Dalian Atkinson goal at Wimbledon...

Both 1991-1992 and 1992-93 tops are some of my favorites. I have the laced 92-93 one, bit disappointed that my brother asked for the 1991 top back after I had it for about 10 years. But it was his I suppose. The white blue/white/black away was the first shirt I had.

2001 - 2006 was a barren spell for me. I loved the vertical striped reebok from 99-00, which I have, but when we started playing in Pink and grey I lost interest. I do have the diadora MG away from 2003 mind.

My first ever top was the Rainbow Bosnich one.

But I didn't have a name on my shirts for years. In fact I think the first player name I ever got was Baros on this shirt 

$T2eC16VHJGIFFoo0GMS3BR0u4OHh4w~~60_35.J

Which is a horrible shirt, imo. But the printing was free if you got Baros. Oh well!

I did the same thing bro *empathy fist bump*

• Like 1

Who was the first player you had on the back of a shirt?  I had Draper on the 95/96 shirt.

Bosnich #13 on the back of the shattered glass top.  My first ever football shirt, that was.

P1230815.JPG

P1230816.JPG

P1230818.JPG

P1230819.JPG

P1230820.JPG

P1230821.JPG

Can I come to your house please?

Trying to think who I've had on backs of shirts in the past:

8 Draper

14 Dublin

10 Merson

14 Ginola

4 Mellberg

6 Barry

11 Agbonlahor

9 Bent

26 Weimann

14 A.Luna (I cursed him didn't I)

I've only ever had

11 Baros

7 Young

5 Laursen

2 out of 3 aint bad

I've had my own name a few times though.

8 Draper

14 Dublin

10 Merson

14 Ginola

4 Mellberg

6 Barry

11 Agbonlahor

9 Bent

26 Weimann

I've only ever had

11 Baros

7 Young

5 Laursen

2 out of 3 aint bad

I've had my own name a few times though.

Oh yeah I had 23 Wain once, bet you can guess what birthday I got that for.  Didn't Baros wear number 9?

I also notice gareth you have that '87 or '88 hummel top. They go for fair dollar these days.

I used to have the green monster from 1994 with the coca-cola badges on it. Wonder what happened to it.

I'd love the Hensons one. Our worst modernist shirt by a long, long shot, but so awful nobody bought it. Proper rarity

I'd love the Hensons one. Our worst modernist shirt by a long, long shot, but so awful nobody bought it. Proper rarity

Doesn't even have the club crest or anything official looking on it.  Do Hensons make those Villa hats advertised at the top of the page?

The names I've had are:

4 Mellberg (timeless. Excellent shout Past Spoony!)

10 Baros (awful, awful shout)

8 Milner (another awful shout as he left a year later and I ruined one of our finest shirts: that one that celebrated our England connection. Beautiful thing it was and now i can't wear it)

I learned my lesson from Milner. NEVER get players names. They will only break your heart and ruin your clothes.

8 Draper

14 Dublin

10 Merson

14 Ginola

4 Mellberg

6 Barry

11 Agbonlahor

9 Bent

26 Weimann

I've had:

Yorke 10

Dublin 9

Mellberg 4

Laursen 5

Angel 18

Baros 10

Agbonlahor 15

Agbonlahor 11 (x3)

Think I had one with 'Fast as ****' too - pretty poor decision.

Delph 16 (x2)

Davies 15 (oops)

Makoun 17 (oops)

Petrov 19

Benteke 20

A couple of blunders but pretty decent on the whole. Regret never getting a Taylor 7 as a kid.

Â