Favourite Villa Shirt

Wainy316

ElectricAvenue picked my fave, this is the most beautiful shirt ever made...380x450_fitbox-aston-villa-retro-1980-81

That's a replica, the original had umbro piping down the sleeves

yeah right! the baggies had that at the same time I think too. I was pretty young, I have the round badge from my kids version of this kit on my desk right now, the rest got mangled but I've always kept the badge :)

• Like 1

I really liked the 1994-95 collared AST Computer home shirts. The darker shade of claret and blue is much more preferable to the powder-ish blue and almost dark pink we've got now...

football_shirt_1772_1_500x375x1.jpg

Second Villa top I ever owned (I'd had a goalkeeper top before) but my dad got me this for my 7th birthday with my name and '7' on it. That and the fact that this is the shirt we wore the season I really fell madly in love with the Villa mean it will always be my favourite. The season we were top at Christmas only to finish 7th  :) 

football_shirt_1626_1_407x500x1.jpg

This is a beautiful shirt, found one in a charity shop a few years back for a couple of quid.

I'm a huge fan of the lacey Mita Copiers number as well.

• Like 1

football_shirt_1772_1_500x375x1.jpg

Second Villa top I ever owned (I'd had a goalkeeper top before) but my dad got me this for my 7th birthday with my name and '7' on it. That and the fact that this is the shirt we wore the season I really fell madly in love with the Villa mean it will always be my favourite. The season we were top at Christmas only to finish 7th  :) 

football_shirt_1626_1_407x500x1.jpg

This is a beautiful shirt, found one in a charity shop a few years back for a couple of quid.

I'm a huge fan of the lacey Mita Copiers number as well.

The white shirt in that design, with the burgundy knitted collar and the turquoise AST logo is my favourite.

Whilst we're on the topics of Bests and Worsts etc. which design do you think made Aston Villa look most sexy.

My favourite from my time is this beaut, possibly enhanced by us being really good in it.

4755338108_f5a9d91a81.jpg

Have to say I love this, but never got to get one though :(

This one for me too.

Whilst we're on the topics of Bests and Worsts etc. which design do you think made Aston Villa look most sexy.

My favourite from my time is this beaut, possibly enhanced by us being really good in it.

4755338108_f5a9d91a81.jpg

Have to say I love this, but never got to get one though :(

Can be bought from the club online shop

Unless you are really in love with Mita Copiers or something.

Who was the first player you had on the back of a shirt?  I had Draper on the 95/96 shirt.

Bosnich #13 on the back of the shattered glass top.  My first ever football shirt, that was.

P1230815.JPG

P1230816.JPG

P1230818.JPG

P1230819.JPG

P1230820.JPG

P1230821.JPG

• Like 4

Â