Favourite Villa Shirt

Wainy316

im another one for the nike turquoise effort, was a more polished design than the one reebok had in the late 90s with a nicer sponsor, much like i think someone needs to try an updated version of this - 

1999-00-aston-villa-fa-cup-fin-3469-1.jp

theres just something about the 2 colour sash on shirts that i like, unfortunately the LDV sponsor ruins that shirt, if it was more like the design of the barca away kit of 2002 it would be perfect

• Like 1

The blue acorns top is a cracker, the green Muller one is .......can't tell if its awesome or disgusting and my first villa top was the white 96_97 with Yorke on the back. My parents assure me it was a mission getting it shipped to Scotland.

This x a million

also, this

AstonVilla3rdSS9193a-G8.gif

This was my first Villa top.  Unfortunately it was bought during the days where you would try and get the most baggy top you could find;  It was the size of a tent.

Now Im quite slim now, but back then my build made the bloke from Road trip look fat. 

To say it looked ridiculous does not do it justice!

Edited by Nigel

Whilst we're on the topics of Bests and Worsts etc. which design do you think made Aston Villa look most sexy.

My favourite from my time is this beaut, possibly enhanced by us being really good in it.

4755338108_f5a9d91a81.jpg

Have to say I love this, but never got to get one though :(

aston-villa-goalkeeper-football-shirt-19

This x a million

also, this

AstonVilla3rdSS9193a-G8.gif

I rember us wearing the yellow strip for the first time I think it was against liverpool in the fa cup at anfield.bremember the anfield road packed with villa and when the teams ran out loads of yellow and blue ballons were releasef from our end.

ElectricAvenue picked my fave, this is the most beautiful shirt ever made...380x450_fitbox-aston-villa-retro-1980-81

That's a replica, the original had umbro piping down the sleeves

correct, the original was even smarter. over the years we have had some smart tops especialy from 80s and early 90s

Â