Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

Very true. Curling is great by the way.

Also gutted for my girl Katie, No worries though, she is young! 7th is a good starting point :hooray:

What chance does Zoe Gillings have?  The whole of the IOM is terribly excited, we got one medal in the summer Olympics and it would be nice to have another. 

Congrats Jenny

On the commentary on your event the commentators said you might go for the 'something 9' on the final jump.

As a matter of interest why did you choose not to go for the something 9? Would it have won the gold? Is it a risky move?

Apologies for the novicesque questions RE the event

Very true. Curling is great by the way.

Also gutted for my girl Katie, No worries though, she is young! 7th is a good starting point :hooray:

What chance does Zoe Gillings have?  The whole of the IOM is terribly excited, we got one medal in the summer Olympics and it would be nice to have another. 

She has a chance, she has just had injury issues much like me.

Plus it helps that Vonn isnt there!

Congrats Jenny

On the commentary on your event the commentators said you might go for the 'something 9' on the final jump.

As a matter of interest why did you choose not to go for the something 9? Would it have won the gold? Is it a risky move?

Apologies for the novicesque questions RE the event

The 900..yes well basically i made a choice. I was 100% i could land the 720 with no problems perfectly and force the judges to have to find fault.

The 900...i land about 80% of the time. If i had landed it perfectly,,,i might have got gold..but the risk was too great of going down and getting nothing. I dont regret the choice..plus i pressured the other girls who follwed me..it just happens the Enni and Jamie coped well and didnt screw up.

• Like 2

Slopestyle on Skiis.........Why?

Skiing at speed, up on rails, and then over huge ramps, doing jumps/twists/turns in the air, having to prevent your feet from being too far apart on landing whilst sometimes skiing backwards.

Why not!?

Its Skiing on a snow boarding course, skiing backwards just looks wrong and we didn't get a medal in it.

Fair enough, but we don't get medals in a lot of things :(

It seems like a valid discipline to me (a tricky one at that). As I'm a deplorably average skier, I've got respect for being able to ski on rails/off jumps, doing tricks, whilst the whole time maintaining balance and keeping both feet coordinated upon landing etc.

My biggest real life achievement (passing my driving test first time in November at the age of 28 after being petrified of driving for 10 years) is properly shit in comparison to most average people, let alone an Olympic Medalist and Championship Footballer.

We all need to take up an obscure sport and become excellent at it, so we can be a forum full of winners.

I'll take Beer Pong. You guys?

I dont see why people judge their achivements against other people. If it was a big thing for you personally to achieve then it's as big as anything i have done really. It just happens that i had a tv camera pointing at me.

If i had not taken up snowboarding, the biggest achivemnet i suppose i would have in my life would be having kids!

So Miss Jones, is the winter Olympic village same a the reported Olympic village, in that thousands of condoms are given out? As a good looking medalist you must be high up in offers from other athletes??

Well I haven't seen that. And anyway I have no interest in anyone so its irrelevant. Nobody is hassling me like that thankfully. Just more congrats than dirty perv groping!

Thanks for the reply.

Have you come down off a high yet and allowed realism to kick in? Must be such an odd but exciting feeling, I'd be pinching myself every morning (once the hangover had worn off) to see if I was still dreaming.