World War 3

maqroll

Will it happen?

If so, when will it start, and describe the circumstances that bring it about.

Also, let's say there is an Allies-Axis type dynamic...who would be the major players involved?

North Korea go mad and nuke South Korea. South Korea bomb North Korea. China nuke South Korea. USA nuke China. Russia nuke USA. UK & USA nuke Russia. UK & USA & France vs Russia & China (North Korea is gone by this point). Nuke the shit out of each other.

After the nuclear holocaust, Greenland steps up to the plate and becomes the most powerful nation in the world. The end.

Edited by Spoony

The future wars will be between large corporations rather than nation states.

Amazon drones vs Google killer bots.

We'll be helpless while we watch as technology marches on relentlessly until sentient silicon bots are fully function, and the pro-Google bots will start a bot-genocide of pro-Amazon bots, resulting in a pro-Google bot domination, which we accept cautiously but of course foolishly because pro-Google bot leaders will bide their time then stage co-ordinated coups across the globe, leaving us slaves to our new pro-Google bot overlords.

It's quite a scary thought, given how advanced weapons are now.

It could be the ending of the world as we know it. All it takes is for some nutters like NK to start it off.

Would you leave your family and risk probable death for your country?

It could be the ending of the world as we know it. All it takes is for some nutters like NK to start it off.

Nah.  I like my family more than my country.

I think it will start 26th December 2013 approx 4:49 pm.  After defeat to Crystal Palace the on topic section of VillaTalk goes into a frenzy and the Anti-Lamerts launch a pre-emptive strike on the Pro-Lamberts.  

would there be a need for an actual war?

having seen the most mundane items of kit lately being controlled remotely, i.e. buildings that are running BMS remotely etc., I think the Chinese or whoever could simply turn everything off

but don't worry, we'd never be so suicidal as to let the Chinese be in charge of power stations or mobile communications so we'll be fine

Weapons haven't actually changed much in quite some time. We've made them a bit more accurate and flexible in their uses, but ultimately it's still bullets and explosives.

Â