FREE MONEY FOR PEOPLE WITH AN RBS BANK ACCOUNT

leemond2008

just thought I would let all of the dishonest VTers know that after their systems went bump the other day RBS are giving out compensation to everyone who complains

just phone them up and say you took the day off work to go christmas shopping and you had to suffer the embarrasement of your card not working in the shop or that you reserved some presents at argos etc and couldn't collect them because your card wasn't working and they will give you some free $$$$'s

I don't have an RBS account so I can't jump on this (plus the fact I am far too honest to pull a stunt like this) but so far the people I work with have got the following

girl A - £25

girl B - £50

boy A - 100

Girl C - £100

Girl D - £100

Girl E - £165

just thought I would let you all know about it

So like I could say that my $ for my new PS4 was supposed to go out that day and it did not and get one for free a bit like that idiot kid who bought a photo of an XBONE on ebay and then got one for free in the end from CEX anyways even though he was properly an idiot I mean it said it right there in the description

just thought I would let all of the dishonest VTers know that after their systems went bump the other day RBS are giving out compensation to everyone who complains

just phone them up and say you took the day off work to go christmas shopping and you had to suffer the embarrasement of your card not working in the shop or that you reserved some presents at argos etc and couldn't collect them because your card wasn't working and they will give you some free $$$$'s

I don't have an RBS account so I can't jump on this (plus the fact I am far too honest to pull a stunt like this) but so far the people I work with have got the following

girl A - £25

girl B - £50

boy A - 100

Girl C - £100

Girl D - £100

Girl E - £165

just thought I would let you all know about it

Pretty sure they're only compensating people who actually lost money due to bills not going going out and stuff?

I'm with Natwest and it actually stopped me from buying stuff but as I didn't actually lose money from it I didn't think I could be compensated. Could you explain further mate?

Another thing to consider is that the Bank would have a record (and so should you) of any failed transaction.

So no record - no compo - likely fraud charge. 

I thought that as well but I actually heard one of the girls phone calls and it was literally a case of 'yeah I took the day off work to go shopping, Yeah I couldn't buy the presents, I wasted a day's holiday, I had to take money out of my husbands rent to pay for the things I had reserved, It was all very embarrasing''

they gave her £165 on the spot and the money has already gone into her bank account.

Another thing to consider is that the Bank would have a record (and so should you) of any failed transaction.

I thought that as well but I actually heard one of the girls phone calls and it was literally a case of 'yeah I took the day off work to go shopping, Yeah I couldn't buy the presents, I wasted a day's holiday, I had to take money out of my husbands rent to pay for the things I had reserved, It was all very embarrasing''

they gave her £165 on the spot and the money has already gone into her bank account.

And now you've documented the fraud on the internet. 

:) 

Not sure about that in this instance (or in the previous two/three RBS cock ups).

I had a transaction declined five times but as it wasn't significant (a fiver), I shan't be on at them -  I really don't have much of an issue with people like Sam above making a complaint as he wasn't able to access his funds even if he didn't actually lose money out of it. The people trying it on, however, that's another thing entirely.

And now you've documented the fraud on the internet. 

:)

TBF, he didn't say the girl in question was lying :-); just indicated that RBS seem to be vey trusting.

Not sure about that in this instance (or in the previous two/three RBS cock ups).

I had a transaction declined five times but as it wasn't significant (a fiver), I shan't be on at them -  I really don't have much of an issue with people like Sam above making a complaint as he wasn't able to access his funds even if he didn't actually lose money out of it. The people trying it on, however, that's another thing entirely.

I'm not going to attempt to do it for the same reason, it wasn't anything significant and I didn't lose money. Just intrigued as surely if people are getting £100+ a time then the bank must be forking out a fortune.

Â