2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Henry played as a striker in Arsenals double winning 01/02 season and in that world cup. They flopped in 2002 because of arrogance and complacency after winning the previous 2 tournaments. Leboeuf even said that

They flopped in 2010 because of internal rifts within the camp, and inept management from Domenech.

I got my dates mixed up. When I posted that I somehow misread the table on wikipedia thought he was still at Juventus.

Arrogance and complacency in 2002... unsatisfactory explanation. Great teams are often arrogant, but also hard-working. What made them complacent? Maybe like 2010 there was some conflict within the camp.

Bloody hell Con, you really went in with your last post. Was that necessary? Also regarding 2002, I read an interview with Leboeuf in FOURFOURTWO magazine, and that was one of the reasons he gave for their poor performance. He was a centre back for their games.

Edited by Voinjama

The winners of the World Cup must have some excellent players? Who'd have thought it.

That's useful information if you want to make a prediction, isn't it?

2014 - England

GK -  Hart

CB -  Jagielka

CM -  Barkley

FW - Rooney

Provisional Spain World Cup squad

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas, Pepe Reina, David de Gea

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Gerard Pique, Raul Albiol, Juanfran, Jordi Alba, Daniel Carvajal, Alberto Moreno, Cesar Azpilicueta, Javi Martinez

Midfielders: Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, Koke, Sergio Busquets, Santi Cazorla, Juan Mata, David Silva, Ander Iturraspe, Thiago Alcantara, Jesus Navas, Pedro

Forwards: Diego Costa, David Villa, Fernando Llorente, Alvaro Negredo, Fernando Torres

have to admit i dont know ander iturraspe

isco and irralamendi dont even make the squad.. will be surprised when they trim it down if cazorla goes, looking at that i think cazorla, torres, moreno, carvajal, iturraspe, mata and negredo will be the ones cut

:lol:

BBC pundits

Juninho, Thierry Henry, Rio Ferdinand, Clarence Seedorf ,Brad Friedel

ITV pundits

Roy Keane Lee Dixon Gus Poyet, Gordon Strachan, Ian Wright, Patrick Vieira, Glenn Hoddle, Martin O’Neill Andros Townsend

ITV will have a studio base in Rio de Janeiro to bring home to viewers the impact of the tournament from one of Brazil's iconic cities,

Don't know who Moreno is, Villa and Torres aren't really good enough but will be at the back end of the squad anyone. Little harsh on Diego Lopez to completely miss out.

Left back for Sevilla, been pretty good this season, but not outstanding. Only 21, I don't expect him to make the final squad.

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Gerard Pique, Raul Albiol, Juanfran, Jordi Alba, Daniel Carvajal, Alberto Moreno, Cesar Azpilicueta, Javi Martinez

Midfielders: Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, Koke, Sergio Busquets, Santi Cazorla, Juan Mata, David Silva, Ander Iturraspe, Thiago Alcantara, Jesus Navas, Pedro

Forwards: Diego Costa, David Villa, Fernando Llorente, Alvaro Negredo, Fernando Torres

Fantastic squad.

No Martinez, Isco or Illarramendi either. Wonderful depth in midfield

Fantastic squad.

Martinez has been included as a defender for some reason..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Fantastic squad.

Martinez has been included as a defender for some reason..

D'oh! Thanks for pointing that out  :)

• Like 1