2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

I understand both sides of argument but the tv money plus election votes will keep them in qualification.

On the Gibraltar situation I dont think they will be great but I think they will be a lot better than San Marino and Andorra and on a level with Malta or Faroes as one of the better minnows, they have couple players playing in lower leagues and Higginbotham has lot of Premier League experience

I can't remember ever being less enthused about a World Cup.  Don't know what it is, just all feels very "meh".  Hopefully I'll perk up once the limited edition Walker's crisp flavours start to come out.

Edited by GarethRDR

but the tv money that teams like San Marino and Liechtenstein get from playing the bigger nations like Germany and England is probably enough to keep the federation going for a year 

If that's a worry, surely they could organise some sort of yearly friendly against the big teams?

tv companies arent going to want to pay money for a friendly. I think now they pay a pot which is shared between all group teams

Higginbotham's retired afaik

He's only playing in their first couple of friendlies or something.

ok i didnt know that. lure of playing Germany and 2 home nations might bring him out of international retirement especially as he no club

I can't remember ever being less enthused about a World Cup.  Don't know what it is, I just all feels very "meh".  Hopefully I'll perk up once the limited edition Walker's crisp flavours start to come out.

That may be a good thing. Often the anticipation is better than the event itself. The more you build something up, often the worse it is. It's a mental thing.

Higginbotham's retired afaik

He's only playing in their first couple of friendlies or something.

He has, but then said he'd like to play against Strachan and Scotland after the draw, so is considering coming out of retirement. If he can play Internationals, and Internationals only as he no longer likes domestic football, he'll most likely play, especially against Scotland and Ireland.

Reminder about Qatar

Over 400 migrant workers have died building stadiums in Qatar since 2010. Human Rights Organisations estimate it could hit 4,000 by 2022. Absolutely disgusting. FIFA need to strip them of the World Cup.

jb1RLqBd1mAlZM.png

Have heard 2030 will go to a joint bid between Uruguay and Argies as an anniversary reward. Not sure where 2026 will go, can't be long before China hosts one you'd imagine.

More than likely a uefa country. 3 straight non uefa world cups is a rarity.

... because of the massive, avoidable death tolls associated with the badly-managed stadium building programmes

But why would that be England's thing to honor?

we're at the competition - what's happened is everyone's responsibility. black armbands on every flag.

so the answer to FIFAs mistake of involving politics with football would be for all the FAs to involve politics with football?

not thanks...

its a human rights and construction governing body issue, i'd rather the likes of the CIOB tackled this problem than the english football team

so the answer to FIFAs mistake of involving politics with football would be for all the FAs to involve politics with football?

not thanks...

its a human rights and construction governing body issue, i'd rather the likes of the CIOB tackled this problem than the english football team

you expect the FAs to do anything?

FA stands for ... you guessed it.

the fans can carry black armbands on their flags out of respect.  

All the various countries involved should refuse to participate and force FIFA to move it. You cannot justify slave labour and a massive death toll for a bloody football tournament.

• Like 1