Songs that make you cry

welnik

On 14/09/2023 at 17:40, Marka Ragnos said:

Oh, jeez, this one with this performance. Can't ever make it past 2 minutes without weeping ... plus, you see a couple artists who have recently died, so that makes it ever worse (or better?).

I’ve  never heard of playing for change before.  That’s a great video, and that song really lends itself to that kind of collaboration.   Doesn’t hurt that it’s one of my favorite Dead tunes either.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This - every single time and particularly over Xmas. My dear old Grandad used to put his old jazz on after Xmas dinner when we went round as kids, and he'd be shuffling around in his slippers, drinking his homebrew, while nan shook her head in disapproval. Tears of both joy and sadness to this every time, such fond memories, and so difficult knowing he's no longer with us. 

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I often used to play no charge by Tammy Wynette to the boys to get  the message and hopefully make them guilty and cry. All they did was laugh at me

Bloody hell, my mother used to try that one on ME! 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Written by the immortal Gary Moore and performed to absolute perfection by the once irrepressible Phil Lynott. Incidentally, it's amazing to think that Brian Robertson was only 19 when playing that solo, just genius. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

On 22/08/2023 at 22:29, luckyeddie said:

Ironically it is Crying by Don McLean. I don't get emotional, but it always reminds me of Only Fools and Horses, and makes me cry with laughter 😭

To the Moon & Back by Savage Garden, does do it for me though😢

I'll take the Roy Orbison version every day of the week.

Although, I do love Vincent. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

it's amazing to think that Robbie Robertson was only 19 when playing that solo, just genius. 

ROBBIE Robertson? Of The Band? 

I don't think so. 

Brian Robertson. 

Edited by mjmooney

Just now, mjmooney said:

ROBBIE Robertson? Of The Band? 

I don't think so. 

Brian Robertson. 

Sorry, Brother. I should have remembered from the documentary. Great doc, by the way, sad too.

My last one for the night. I remember having the 45 single Stevie Wonder version of this song. However, this performance live by Jodeci took it to another level. The vocals of the two brothers, Jo Jo and K - Ci Haley are just stunning, you can definitely hear the similarities between K- Ci and Bobby Womack who was his uncle.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Â