What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

My experience with Audi dahn Sahf has has been very good. (Yes the ballsed up the original order so a few points off) but they handled it very well we've now got the car we wanted having treated the interim vehicle like go kart for 4 months. I live 20 miles away from the nearest dealer yet the insist on collecting the car, delivering a courtesy vehicle in the process, taking it away, servicing it and returning it. Oh and all on a 5 years free servicing deal.

So absolutely no complaints.

Edited by Eames

How do people afford such cars what with monthly bills & the cost of everything else. Are you all earning £35,000+ ?

I should have listened more at school :(

My experience with Audi dahn Sahf has has been very good. (Yes the ballsed up the original order so a few points off) but they handled it very well we've now got the car we wanted having treated the interim vehicle like go kart for 4 months. I live 20 miles away from the nearest dealer yet the insist on collecting the car, delivering a courtesy vehicle in the process, taking it away, servicing it and returning it. Oh and all on a 5 years free servicing deal.

My attitude with anything like that (not just car dealers) is mistakes happen and as long as they handle it well then you can't really fault them.

My attitude with anything like that (not just car dealers) is mistakes happen and as long as they handle it well then you can't really fault them.

Yep me to. They **** up.... they made it better. No complaints from  me. Even gave us two full tanks of fuel as a result.

Are you all earning £35,000+ ?

Yes

Ditto. You asked, Ingy ;)

Yes. But still can't afford one.

Actually my experience was kind of the opposite. Once I'd bought the car, or at least once it was clear that I genuinely was going to give them my money, they were great (Birmingham Audi). The pick up day and everything was great.

The problem I found with them was being taken seriously in the first place. It took me 3 visits to the dealer to sit down and have a serious conversation about actually buying a car, even though on my first trip there I'd have bought one then and there.

I found that strange. It was like they did no selling, I had to convince them that I wanted the car.

I also know two different females who have both said they got treated like shit at Birmingham Audi. One of them said the dealer couldn't stop trying to sell the car to her boyfriend, despite him saying several times that it was her car, she was buying it, with her money, sell the car to her.

So yeah, I don't think they're great. But working for JLR, our dealers are terrible so it's still a step up from them :D

I was there to sign, paying cash, around £38k if I recall. The sales guy pissed me off so badly that I just walked out and over the road to BMW and bought the equivalent on the spot.

It was the best thing that Audi ever did for me, because once you have driven a BMW and felt the difference, you don't go back.

Yep.

But similar to the discussion we had earlier in the thread, certain cars could be the nicest cars to drive in the world, I still wouldn't buy them. BMWs fall into that category

Picking up at the weekend:

imagejpg1_zpsf936b6ad.jpg

imagejpg2_zps359bf177.jpg

nice!!

Now I'm jealous

I posted the pics mostly for your benefit, Ben ;)

Audi make damn fine cars.

I found that their problem was that, while they charge similar rates for servicing as BMW and Mercedes, their customer care is diabolical.

With the latter two, if you buy one of their cars, then they give the sense that they have a duty of care towards you as an owner, whereas Audi's attitude appears to be 'we've had your money, f*** off until you're ready to buy again'

Or maybe that's just Birmingham Audi.

Hit and miss, I think. I won't ever have my car services at my local dealer (West London Audi) after they took £300 (approx) off me for an air-con service that completely knackered the air-con. It was clear that it was working before the service and not working after the service. They basically insisted that it was not working beforehand and that it was not their fault. When I asked why they'd service an air-con unit that wasn't working and how they didn't notice it wasn't working at any point during the service they just shrugged. I tried to take the matter up with management and got nothing. I let it slide in the end as I was soon to be getting rid of that particular motor but I'll never take my car there again.

Other dealers I've dealt with have been great though and the guys in Bristol have been nothing short of fantastic. They showed me all the detail I wanted, spent hours showing me the detail on all the past services the car has had and when I pushed them for an even better price than the one they'd offered (they over-valued my px by several grand and knocked off two grand from the sticker price) he showed me how their pricing matrix worked on-screen and basically proved that they were making very little on the deal. I know that dealers are generally inveterate liars but he went out of  his way to prove everything he said. Then even after I'd agreed to the offer on the table, he told me he'd put new mats in and fill it up before I collected. He didn't need to add those in as I didn't ask for it but it was a nice gesture.

How do people afford such cars what with monthly bills & the cost of everything else. Are you all earning £35,000+ ?

I've worked like a bandit for the last year, to justify a half-decent bonus which has gone a long way to me being able to afford this motor. I've also been saving pretty hard for it too as I was fed up of buying cars for around £12k, running them for 3 years and seeing little or no value left in them at the end.

• Like 1

My Dad isn't a big fan of Audi after Audi Birmingham quoted him £10,800 for a new engine for his A4. Engine needs replacing after 5 years - they've agreed to stand 50% of the cost now but still not good enough.

Been car shopping with Mrs. B this morning to change her X5.  Despite my protestations, she insists she wants another SUV in spite of us already having another big car, no kids, no need for space...  It's does make a lovely sound as sometimes you just can't beat that V8 rumble, but still!

Having spent some time in a JLR showroom this morning it's got me trying to justify selling the old Porsche for a Jaguar F Type coupe to myself.  

In no way can it be justified, but what a lovely machine!   :wub:

jagua6.jpg

• Like 2

if it makes you feel any better, my missus drives a 10 year old Nissan Tino in this very colour

0390949-Nissan-Almera-Tino-1.8-Tekna-200

To be fair, at 10 years old it's only ever 'broken down' twice, by coincidence, I was racing it in Morrisons empty car park on a quiet Sunday the first time it broke (shredded the prop shaft - fixed for free by Nissan). The only other time it needed attention was the morning after I'd driven it. Apparently the lights don't auto switch off so I don't count that as my fault.

Other than that it is has behaved perfectly (and the Nissan dealer was excellent).

It was one of those 'end of line' models when we bought it, so it was rock bottom price but loaded with every single extra they did, from the obvious alloy wheels and air con to leather seats, electric everything, rear view parking camera, sunroof, all seats except driver seat demountable (brilliant when transporting industrial quantities of compost). Ten years later I think its fair to say it was a good value car.

Â