Aston Villa-Arsenal with a Gunners supporter

Sani

Hi guys!

I'm travelling to Villa Park in January to watch Villa-Arsenal with my best mate that supports Arse. The question now is; whats the best solution for tickets? Obviously he doesn't want to sit quietly with me amongst Villa supporters, is there another option besides buying a ticket for him in the away support section?

The tickets for arsenal fans will only be available from Arsenal, not Villa.

Other than paying over the odds from an agency, I don't hold out much hope for your mate of getting a ticket in the away section.

I'm in a similar position as my mum supports Arsenal and might struggle to get a ticket in the away end.

I'd suggest sitting in the Trinity upper, we don't really sell out against Arsenal these days and that's the last part of the ground to sell out. Much more calmer up there than most parts of the stadium so an away fan won't get much grief even if they overstep it and go bonkers over an Arsenal goal.

Thanks for the replies! How's the view from Trinity upper? How often do you see away fans, loud or not, not amongst the away support but in general areas of VP?

Thanks for the replies! How's the view from Trinity upper? How often do you see away fans, loud or not, not amongst the away support but in general areas of VP?

I was in the trinity upper against Swansea 2 years ago( when we lost 2-0). View is very good, but a bit of a trek with the stairs. There was a few Swansea fans up there and they cheered and there was no aggro whatsoever. Having said that, this was the days of McLeish where everyone was depressed from the absolute doss of that season.

This season I went to the Liverpool game with my mate who supports Liverpool, in the upper North Stand, he cheered when Liverpool scored and apart from someone calling him a 'tw*t' at the end, there was no problems there.   

Edited by Cambridge-AVFC

If you sit in the home sections of the ground then you ought to show some respect. I've sat with home fans many times as an away fan but kept mouth shut, so I am not completely against it. If your mate can't keep quiet, he faces being kicked out and in that case I hope that he is!

If you sit in the home sections of the ground then you ought to show some respect. I've sat with home fans many times as an away fan but kept mouth shut, so I am not completely against it. If your mate can't keep quiet, he faces being kicked out and in that case I hope that he is!

I'm pretty sure your mate will be stonewall silent & shell shocked after Benteke rips Arsene a new one & Villa triumph 6-0 at a canter :P

Is getting kicked out a bigger worry than angry villa fans then? I mean, hes still my best mate and i dont want any trouble  ;)

As long as he's not in the Holte End or Lower North Stand he won't really need to worry about Villa fans, that sad he should not make it obvious he's an Arsenal fan.

I think in the Lower North near the away fans would be the most dangerous place.

Is getting kicked out a bigger worry than angry villa fans then? I mean, hes still my best mate and i dont want any trouble  ;)

As long as your mate doesn't jump right up and shout "Yesssss" very loudly then there won't be any problems (I presume he can show restrain if his team scores?)

That's why we have problems when Man. United come to town and all their gloryhunters sit in home seats without the first idea of how to behave if they score.

• 2 months later...

If you are ejected from the ground then the law allows an (up to) 2 year ban from all football grounds. It's pretty unlikely, but if someone's having a bad day...

I always wondered how this 2 year ban would be enforced? Just get your friend to buy two tickets for the game instead of 1 and away you go.

Is getting kicked out a bigger worry than angry villa fans then? I mean, hes still my best mate and i dont want any trouble ;)

As long as he's not in the Holte End or Lower North Stand he won't really need to worry about Villa fans, that sad he should not make it obvious he's an Arsenal fan.

I think in the Lower North near the away fans would be the most dangerous place.

Not so sure. I saw a couple of Yanited fans take a slap in the Doug Ellis upper as they ran out after they acted like pricks when they got their winner in the 2-3 defeat. Golden rule is RESPECT if you choose to sit in the home area. Edited by Electric Avenue
  • Like 1

Â