World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

Its nice to see rent a quote and wannabee football political expert Gary Neville get called out for his pathetic lickarse interview about the World Cup with his buddy Beckham 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not to mention the various social/political sub plots at play. Could see some really interesting games, I could well see England finishing bottom of that group 

I can’t see England finishing anything but top. But second place could potentially be genuinely up for grabs for any 1 of the other 3. With the least fancied being the most used to the conditions.

• Like 1

Indeed, England not getting 9 points would be disappointing looking at the squads of their opponents. It's the hardest group, but you'd still have to say a draw against those teams would be a very poor result.

17 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not to mention the various social/political sub plots at play. Could see some really interesting games, I could well see England finishing bottom of that group 

Behave

I think Wales will lose quite a bit of that cliched ‘12th’ man.

The ticket allocation is really poor and even if more tickets are gained they are likely to be dispersed.

This was Netherlands, away, filmed from a Netherlands section of the ground…

and this was the concourse under the stand at the Ukraine game…

it’ll be tricky trying to replace that energy.

Edited by chrisp65

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed, England not getting 9 points would be disappointing looking at the squads of their opponents. It's the hardest group, but you'd still have to say a draw against those teams would be a very poor result.

Is no reason England should not get 9 points but I think England issue will be that all 3 will probably sit back and England will be asked to break them down with 7 right backs on the pitch. The teams have dangerous attackers in the other end like Azmoun, Pulisic and Bale and a few more that can cause damage

I would say all 3 in the group are better than Hungary for example

• Like 2

I see only one reason why England won't put 4 goals past each of the 3 teams 

Southgate will rip the "snatch a 1-0 win" route to victory straight out of the Steve Bruce book of management 

England could come out of the group full of momentum (I know that doesn't usually translate to the knockout rounds) instead I expect them to start cold, win in the 2nd round and be declared hot and then who knows in the QF

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think Wales will lose quite a bit of that cliched ‘12th’ man.

The ticket allocation is really poor and even if more tickets are gained they are likely to be dispersed.

This was Netherlands, away, filmed from a Netherlands section of the ground…

and this was the concourse under the stand at the Ukraine game…

it’ll be tricky trying to replace that energy.

Mate, it wil be the summer, plenty of beer, topless guys, girls in short dresses, loud music... Oh wait a minute. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Behave

It shouldn't and likely won't happen, but every one of those teams will be extra motivated against England for various reasons - it's a tougher group than it first appears on paper IMO. 

I'm going to stick a tenner on it. Not sure if you're a gambling man, but what this generally means is I'm about to lose a tenner 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why will Iran be extra motivated vs England?

Im not entirely convinced the yanks will be either 

Probably for the same reason there's a Bobby Sands Street in Tehran; they don't love us.

That being said, I don't think it will make much difference. They'll put ten men behind the ball and try to hit on the counter, and we'll either be able to break them down or not.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably for the same reason there's a Bobby Sands Street in Tehran; they don't love us.

That being said, I don't think it will make much difference. They'll put ten men behind the ball and try to hit on the counter, and we'll either be able to break them down or not.

Isnt on the same street as the British embassy as a proper wind up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even so it's a bit like saying Salford hate Man City so you expect them to win in an FA Cup game 

It really isn't, Iran are ranked 21st in the FIFA world rankings - the team that England lost 4-0 to the other day are ranked 40th. England should win, but it's unlikely to be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even so it's a bit like saying Salford hate Man City so you expect them to win in an FA Cup game 

Right, as I say, I don't think it'll matter. Even if we lose, it won't really be because they were 'fired up', it'll be because we didn't handle the occasion or a determined defensive setup skilfully enough.

• Like 1

Â