Hendrie Testimonial Y/N? and who would you like to see play?

sacvp99

Would you give Lee Hendrie a testimonial?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Lee Hendrie a testimonial?

• Yes
    • No

Wonder what sort of attendance he'd get for the game? Depends on the opposition to a large extent of course, but I'm not sure that many Villa fans would turn out for him...

I'd go down. I'd love to see a few old boys in there too.

Ian Taylor would be worth the admission alone!

NO

I have to say No, but then again I wouldn't give any Prem League footballer a testimonial its not like they need the money now is it

Spot on Bicks, especially a waster like Tango.

I'd say yes. It's not about the money I think.

Fact is, Lee's been here a long time and everyone knows he wears his heart on his sleeve. A testimonial is his chance to say goodbye properly and who can deny him that?

Guest VillaFan1
Any toughts?

I'd throw him one but money goes to charity!

He once was quality, albeit briefly...

22 man brawl at Tamworth, now thats something only he could start!

ITS SOMETHING I,LL NEVER FORGET TO EB HONEST IT FINISHED HIS CAREER :(

I'd rather see the old guys involved in something other than Lee's testimonial - the circumstances don't seem fitting for the former greats to me. I would wish Lee all the best for the future, but his Villa career was over a while ago in real terms and he has reached the milestone almost by default imo.

I'd say yes, and if the right players played I'd go.

If you say no to a testimonial for Lee, I think you need to do away with them altogether.

If the rule is that you play for ten years and you get a testimonial, that should be the rule. If the rule is that you play for ten years and if people like you then you can have a testimonial, then you open a can of worms.

I've never been interested in what Lee's done off the pitch (except when it's been funny) and he's had a good career with us, think of some of the best moments of the last ten years, and you'll find that Lee was there for most of them, regardless of whether he's a dick.

It would need to be for charity though, I think the days of footballers feathering their own nests with testimonials are long gone.

He will be getting his testimonial and I won't stand in his way but I won't be paying money to feed his ego. I would only consider going if all of it went to charity and some of my heroes played but other than Ian Taylor who played with Lee Hendrie for Villa that is an absolute legend? Southgate? Forget that!

I have to say No, but then again I wouldn't give any Prem League footballer a testimonial its not like they need the money now is it

It's for charrridee man!

Then its no longer Lee Hendrie's testimonial, it becomes a charity exhibition match hosted by Lee Hendrie - which is an entirely different proposition and would also depend on which charity was benefiting as I dont agree with all of them

Â