Hendrie Testimonial Y/N? and who would you like to see play?

sacvp99

Would you give Lee Hendrie a testimonial?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Lee Hendrie a testimonial?

• Yes
    • No

If I was at my job I'd get a silver pen.....

And I think in recognition of the fact he only put an effort in at contract time, the halves ought to be limited to 10 minutes each side, with a sponsored wrestling event at half time. In fact you could make the whole thing rather than a football game, a sort of Hendire inspired its a knockout - You could have something involving golf buggies and lakes, rock lobbing at ex wives and a sort of penalty shot at the villa fan competition.

I heard rumours Nick is lined up to clean his boots before the game ;):P

You really are a prat at times! :roll: Looks like the silent majority has spoken! Tthat speaks volumes to me!

Oh come on Nick i was only messing around :)

Yes I'd give him a testimonial, it'll be the last time he'll wear claret and blue after all.

I'd love to see some of the 90's boys out there like Taylor, McGrath, Yorke and Southgate.

Just to see Taylor and McGrath out there would be worth it alone,

not too mad on Hendrie,

but would go to see Taylor and McGrath once more in action in the Claret and Blue,

Yorke ehm no thanks...

As most have said, if it's stipulated that after ten years at the club then it triggers a testimonial, or that it is in his contract that he should have a testimonial then of course he should have one.

If it's a decision to be taken based on his contribution to AVFC, then of course he shouldn't. So many have given so much more in much less time. (to misquote Winston Churchill).

I have no problem with the lad getting a testimonial.

Not sure if I'd go? A lot of it would depend on who the team was.

If this lot were playing though, I'd probably show my face....

.. Spink ..

Barrett .. McGrath .. Teale .. Wright

Daley .. Merson .. Taylor .. Walters

Rambo .. Saunders

Hendrie can be sub.....

:winkold:

10 years service at HSBC and you get a silver tie pin.

If Hendrie was prepared to donate the gains to charity then i would go. Otherwise i wouldn't.

If a Villa legend like Paul McGrath got 8000 fans against small heath?

For his testimonial......

I dread to think what the orange one will get no matter who the opposition is?

I was at Gods testimonial and was shocked at the turnout!

Seem to remember Nigel Spink`s one against the dogheads and there was 30000

But i had been on the beer with my mates...

So i could be wrong?

What has been the biggest testimonial we have had since the 70`s ?

i would go if some of the old boys turned up to play again.

I'd love to see dublin, taylor and merson kicking a ball at villa park again and for me that would be worth giving someone like lee hendrie my cash.

Dion,

Dion Dublin,

Dion Dublin in the air...

I say yes as he has been a loyal player, forget the rest of debate whether he was good enough, he does love the Villa and I think it breaks his heart not being there when we finally look on the up...

So, same as most, money to charity and I think it would be a done deal anyway, Stoke and I would probably play it at Britannia not Villa Park for a better attendance. Lets face it if god only got 12000 (which still makes me embarrassed) what is Lil Lee gonna get !!!

how long was paul mcgrath at villa for? it wasnt 10 years, he was good but did just as many stupid things off the pitch that hendrie did.

10 years nowdays is almost unheard of, however he has actualy been at villa alot longer than 10 years, he was a villa player aged 15 or even younger.

he was promised a testamonial, now bearing in mind i doubt anyone bar gareth barry, will ever come close to doing 10 years at our club again, it may be a very rare thing indeed.

i would like to see players from dwight yorke ( grrr), paul mcgrath, bosnich, kevin gage ( the real super kev), sid cowans, ian taylor ( hendries debut he sent taylor clean through to score in a european game), benito carbone and other legends and semi legends.

to some hendrie will never be a legend, however people always go on that we need a nasty b@stard in the middle, well he was a semi nasty b@stard with a fair bit of skill to link up play.

always seemed to be in the team when ever we had our most successfull periods.

he wont play for us again, ever so i would like to go and see him play 1 last time in a match which would be upto hendrie what happens to the money, im sure his accountant would advise him that it worth him giving 50% to charity or something.

it will be an emotional night, infact if the new board offered hendrie £100.000 to NOT have a testimonial, im sure he would turn it down, in order to play 1 last time for his team.

now THAT would say alot more about him than any swipes at his off field activities.

Â