Hendrie Testimonial Y/N? and who would you like to see play?

sacvp99

Would you give Lee Hendrie a testimonial?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Lee Hendrie a testimonial?

• Yes
    • No

Think the last message is a bit naive, don't get me wrong I am a Lee fan - I still think he is a better player than McCann and at 28 cannot understand why we are getting rid of him...

but... I really cannot see many turning up (unless it is old-stars or basically, as we hope, a complete new Villa side turning out), Lee is not that popular and I couldn't see more than 10k there..

(by the way, his debut was QPR away - I was there and sums Lees' whole career up superbly, came on as sub, played superbly, got sent off in last minute for mouthing off, or was it kicking the ball away ......

Season App

1989-90- 47 - 1 goal

1990-91 - 44 - 0 goals

1991-92 - 48 - 1 goal

1992-93 - 50 - 5 goals

1993-94 - 44 - 0 goals

1994-95 - 45 (4) - 0 goals

1995-96 - 37 (3) - 2 goals

1996-97 - 0 (1) - 0 goals

This is what McGrath did and averaged 40 games a season!.... with his knees that desverved a testimonial

Think the last message is a bit naive, don't get me wrong I am a Lee fan - I still think he is a better player than McCann and at 28 cannot understand why we are getting rid of him...

Comparing McCann with Hendrie is irellevant. And he is 30 in May BTW.

I know it is, the point I was making is I am not saying Hendrie will get a low turn out because I don't like him, and the Mccann point is to re-iterate that. I just think he will get a low turn out.

By the way, I have asked the General about the possibility of giving God a "proper" honouring, not the 12000 he got - can someone remind me why the turn out was low - I remember it was the end of the sesaon and I seem to think it was before a final and no one could afford it ????

Yes, to say no is a bit petty in my opinion, he has been witht he club for a long long time.

Give the guy a break.

people in all walks of life stay at jobs (thats all the villa is to the orange one) for years and years, and when they leave they dont get £££££££s thrown at them , so why should a footballer (and not a very good one IMO) be treated any different.

he has made millions from villa for doing very little, maybe they should throw a game for him where he could give money to anyone who turned up as an apology for all the false dawns and broken promisis of his time at the villa.

..... made an absolute fortune out of being a very average footballer.... its an era i just want to forget. Made all the threats to make it and delivered basically nothing.Kissing his shirt was his best trick.

Testimonial...... not for me thanks.Nor washing his Ferrari.

Yes, to say no is a bit petty in my opinion, he has been witht he club for a long long time.

Give the guy a break.

people in all walks of life stay at jobs (thats all the villa is to the orange one) for years and years, and when they leave they dont get £££££££s thrown at them , so why should a footballer (and not a very good one IMO) be treated any different.

he has made millions from villa for doing very little, maybe they should throw a game for him where he could give money to anyone who turned up as an apology for all the false dawns and broken promisis of his time at the villa.

.... like you say he has been with the club for a long time because he knew he was on a good thing and the circumstances of how the club was being run was not commensurate with getting rid of him. Under a progressive regime such as now he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes let alone 10 years..... its just a joke.

Lee has stayed loyal in a day when most players don't care about the club they play for, for that I would give him a testimonial. However there is no doubt Lee has wasted his talent somewhat, and now that players are made for life I think we the fans feel they don't need any more money. I would attend if it went to charity and maybe as others have said we saw a few older names. I went to a pre season friendly against Derby to see Ian Taylor and I admit I stood and clapped when he scored.

I have to say No, but then again I wouldn't give any Prem League footballer a testimonial its not like they need the money now is it

I disagree, because it is a way to say thank you for loyal service - something that is less and less in the game these days.

However - Testmonials should be for the player on the night with all the money going to the charity/charities of their choice.

I'd pay to send him away again... ever noticed that the dressing room seems to be harmonious again...?

No coincidence that the Big Mouthed Jug Earred Little Idiot has gone

FFS :roll: and the award for the most pathetic post goes too??

I'd pay to send him away again... ever noticed that the dressing room seems to be harmonious again...?

No coincidence that the Big Mouthed Jug Earred Little Idiot has gone

FFS :roll: and the award for the most pathetic post goes too??

why is it pathetic?

i think the way hendrie is has certainly played a part in MON getting rid of him. It's not at all unreasonable to suggest that the dressing room atmosphere could improve when a known trouble maker like hendrie is not a part of it anymore.

Testimonials goes to players who have served the club and done great things.

Hendrie has just been here, he has never really made a big difference. He was

never good enough to leave for another club above us.

Testimonial? I wouldn't turn up if I lived in Birmingham. Why give more money to

a rich guy who has drained the club's pockets the last 5 years without giving anything

back?

Its very rare that any Premiership player would need the money from a testimonial anyway, especially such a waste of space as Lil' Lee.

This is'nt a charity match, its for him.

I'd only go if the money was going to be put to good causes. I can't see how he's been here for so long, I don't know who would come. I doubt Ronaldinho will be itching to fly to Birmingham.

I am probably more of a Lee fan than not, but have voted no.

Testimonials are completely irrelevant in the modern age, unless they are for an iconic player who can attract a near sell out, with proceeds to charity.

I don't think Lee falls into that category.

Â