Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Really poor from England. Just no attack to speak of. Awful to watch.

I’d imagine it would be more difficult to not formulate coherent attacking systems with the 30 best rugby players in the country. I can see why it’s bad but I don’t get how it can be so bad. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

What a result by Fiji against the Aussies.

Totally well deserved!!

Brilliant, but that would have happened to England if we had stuck with Eddie Jones. How does he fit such a large ego in a small body?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JB said:

I’d imagine it would be more difficult to not formulate coherent attacking systems with the 30 best rugby players in the country. I can see why it’s bad but I don’t get how it can be so bad. 

We were better with 14 players, when we had to dig in and play actual rugby, rather than this micro managed dross SB is serving up. David Campese spoke about this in an article, and it pains me to say it, he is right.

2 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Brilliant, but that would have happened to England if we had stuck with Eddie Jones. How does he fit such a large ego in a small body?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7wdu3yyjq7rcaqt3pzk

Sadly we have his ‘Schwarzenegger to De Vito’ twin in Borthwick.

Less ego but just as clueless!

12 hours ago, turnbull said:

England are going nowhere under Borthwick. Okay he won the Premiership with Leicester, but his style of rugby was totally uninspiring, hardly indicative of a coach with international potential. 

Everyone knew he was the wrong choice except for the idiots who made the decision to appoint him.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Everyone knew he was the wrong choice except for the idiots who made the decision to appoint him.

As a casual observer (England ain't my team), I wonder how many other viable options were there?

15 hours ago, JB said:

Borthwick has no idea what he's doing and is, at best, a decent forwards coach. Wigglesworth is supposed to be the attack coach & it's clear he has't a clue either. Seems like the whole England coaching team is just jobs for the boys. They left Eddie jones in the job too long and then panic appointed someone who won a league playing 10 man kick ball rugby. They'll get mauled as soon as they play a half decent team.  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Shaun Edwards would have been my choice, or someone with a bit of rugby nous. 

I think the RFU approached him but he said no. He's contracted to France for another 4 years. 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's been saying this about England for the last 20 years. 

Because 99% of what he says is clickbait sh*te we tend to ignore the rare pearls of wisdom, but he is right about this. He was a fantastic winger who played heads up rugby, a throwback to days when mavericks had a place.

Â