Libor Kozák

samjp26

If he hadn't scored no one would be singing his praises.

It was a very average performance with a goal given to him.

For the first hour he held the ball up well about 3 times.

His performance contributed to us getting 0 points. His goal scoring stats improve but did little to help the team.

Edited by Big_John_10

His performance contributed to us getting 0 points. His goal scoring stats improve but did little to help the team.

Big John, you cannot expect Kozak to do the work of eleven men. He is scoring and improving in every game. I like his aggression against other players. 

Big John, you cannot expect Kozak to do the work of eleven men. He is scoring and improving in every game. I like his aggression against other players.

Not expecting him to but at the same time I won't ignore a poor performance that had little benefit to the team because the stoke defence gifted him a goal.

I've seen little improvement in his play and to be honest I'm sick of people defending poor performances with effort and work rate.

Not expecting him to but at the same time I won't ignore a poor performance that had little benefit to the team because the stoke defence gifted him a goal.

I've seen little improvement in his play and to be honest I'm sick of people defending poor performances with effort and work rate. 

That goal was earned because Kozak anticipated the header back to the keeper. Watch it again and give him some credit for goodness' sake. I wish we could have the likes of John Carew playing for us again. Did you see what the goal meant to Libor?

Watch it again? If the defender had done his simple job we wouldn't have anything to discuss.

I don't care what his celebration meant to him. Caring and being poor is not enough for me. I haven't lowered my expectations that much.

Edited by Big_John_10

There's one reason Kozak is being criticised. Because Villa aren't doing very well at the moment. He's scored four goals already. It's a case of moaning for moaning's sake.

The goal could be a 30 yard deflection off Kozak's knee for all I care. I still give him credit for being in the right place at the right time.

He wasn't poor at all. He held the ball up very, very well. Many times in the match he held off a defender or two waiting for a winger to get up the pitch, laid it off the them then got into the box for a cross. He also controlled that volley at an awkward height and got forced begovic into a save (though not a hard one).

Also, not giving him any credit for the goal is bizarre. Yes it was an error, but very few strikers make that run to prevent a back pass after challenging for a header. Even had Pieters done his job there, he may have had to put the ball out for a throw because kozak blocked the easy pass.

• Like 1

He wasn't poor at all. He held the ball up very, very well. Many times in the match he held off a defender or two waiting for a winger to get up the pitch, laid it off the them then got into the box for a cross. He also controlled that volley at an awkward height and got forced begovic into a save (though not a hard one).

Also, not giving him any credit for the goal is bizarre. Yes it was an error, but very few strikers make that run to prevent a back pass after challenging for a header. Even had Pieters done his job there, he may have had to put the ball out for a throw because kozak blocked the easy pass.

This. Big John is being stubborn.

Wouldn't say stubborn, he is just pissed off and it is understandable with the result, but at least Kozak is putting the ball in the net though ey! You don't get extra points (or any at all in this case) for how classy a goal is and at the minute I'll take a goal of any sort to be honest. Whether his position in order to get the goal was simply good fortune or good vision is irrelevant, at least he took his opportunity and scored - a lot more than some of our other players do with such chances at the minute.

I don't care what his celebration meant 

That is sickening to see from a fellow Villa fan.

Watch it again? If the defender had done his simple job we wouldn't have anything to discuss

That is silly. If all the defenders did their "simple" job there would be no goals at all. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Hahahaha what? Who cares how a player celebrates? Does the goal count for more if you run into the crowd? I guess when cantona and Henry just stood there basking in their brilliance their goals didn't count as much?

Hahaha what a stupid post.

That is silly. If all the defenders did their "simple" job their would be no goals at all.

And another stupid post. Do you watch football?

Wouldn't say stubborn, he is just pissed off and it is understandable with the result, but at least Kozak is putting the ball in the net though ey! You don't get extra points (or any at all in this case) for how classy a goal is and at the minute I'll take a goal of any sort to be honest. Whether his position in order to get the goal was simply good fortune or good vision is irrelevant, at least he took his opportunity and scored - a lot more than some of our other players do with such chances at the minute.

I just don't understand praising average performances. If kozak wasn't a new signing no one would be praising his overall performance.

Hahahaha what? Who cares how a player celebrates? Does the goal count for more if you run into the crowd? I guess when cantona and Henry just stood there basking in their brilliance their goals didn't count as much?

Hahaha what a stupid post.

That is silly. If all the defenders did their "simple" job their would be no goals at all.

And another stupid post. Do you watch football?

Yes I do watch football and I support my football team. There are no individual errors in a football game then? Kozak anticipated the header back and scored the goal, but he did not do cartwheels and handstands before the goal to entertain John. Ridiculous. Stupid.

Go and support United or City if you crave winning and success, you would fit right in with that lot. Disgusting post from a so called Villa supporter.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Â