Rocket League

hogso

Yeah I'll probably be on at some point.  Will be nice to have a game with teammates that won't quit after conceding 1 goal, will stay in goal until kickoff settles down if furthest back or actually go for it if furthest forward, or spam the text with "trade" (what even the shit do you trade in this game?) mid-fecking-play.

I mean I know why I'm crap but when did the rest of the community turn gash?

55 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Yeah I'll probably be on at some point.  Will be nice to have a game with teammates that won't quit after conceding 1 goal, will stay in goal until kickoff settles down if furthest back or actually go for it if furthest forward, or spam the text with "trade" (what even the shit do you trade in this game?) mid-fecking-play.

I mean I know why I'm crap but when did the rest of the community turn gash?

Let's hope you're not on Stefan or Jono's team then...

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got back into this over the last couple weeks. Is anyone planning on playing on an evening (UK time) over the next week as free to play comes in? 

What kind of rank are you guys? I'm only Plat II so you might not even want me involved 😂

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

Got back into this over the last couple weeks. Is anyone planning on playing on an evening (UK time) over the next week as free to play comes in? 

What kind of rank are you guys? I'm only Plat II so you might not even want me involved 😂

I think that'd put you about on par with most of the better of our players, I used to be a pretty comfortable Diamond II player, but when I've played recently I haven't been able to get back to Diamond, and have instead hovered around Plat IV.

Potentially dumb question; do you have to play all the different competitive games to rank up?  As in 3v3, 2v2 and 1v1?  Because I've exclusively stuck to 3v3 games but can't get out of Bronze despite caning it consistently, racking up a decent number of wins and scoring quite high/being one of the "better" players in most games (which is probably more a damning indictment of everyone else at this level).

Edited by GarethRDR

35 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Potentially dumb question; do you have to play all the different competitive games to rank up?  As in 3v3, 2v2 and 1v1?  Because I've exclusively stuck to 3v3 games but can't get out of Bronze despite caning it consistently, racking up a decent number of wins and scoring quite high/being one of the "better" players in most games (which is probably more a damning indictment of everyone else at this level).

Each format should have their own individual rank.

I'd be up for a few games of this one evening on PS4 or PC if people don't mind playing with someone that's a bit shit. 

6 hours ago, skarroki said:

Is the discord chat free for anyone to join? Felt cheeky just taking the link without popping up in the forum first haha. 

@hogso is Plat IV part of a redesigned ranking structure with F2P incoming? 

Aha, no sorry, I meant Plat III div IV. I was a steady Diamond II div III player at my peak. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hogso said:

Aha, no sorry, I meant Plat III div IV. I was a steady Diamond II div III player at my peak. 

Nice! I go from platinum to "haven't hit the ball where I want to for 30 mins" so wildly inconsistent

21 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I was always bronze 1 on 3v3 solo which has now been removed, I don't think ranks on different modes effect you. 

When the new season starts tomorrow, if you play with good people and thrash out 10 games to get your rank they should place you much higher. I'd recommend playing with people around your level of play and not dropping in with randoms as if you're bronze you might get thrown in with new f2p players whilst trying to improve your rank 

• Like 1

Â