AndyClarke

Just signed this guy on a free :D  :D :D

pn78.jpg

I really want to keep Benteke now just to see how that strike partnership would do in the Premier League!

Maybe eventually you can even make your username come true. ;)

If only, he'd be perfect in my tactic behind Drogba and Benteke!

Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever sign Messi on an FM, unless I wait until he's 36 like Drogba :)

just starting my 2nd season.

finished 6th last season and reached league cup semi.

Changed my formations in the second season as I usually struggle if I keep the same sytems. Andi Wiemann has 5 in 5 so far.

Got this player through my youth system in the first season, my aim is to have him break Charlie Aitken's appearances record, which I worked out if he plays until he's 36 he needs an average of 28 games per season.

Introducing future Villa legend Oliver Lynch...

nfc7.jpg

and just 6 months later

g2lm.jpg

currently has 10 appearances, I'm looking forward to building a team around this guy!

I never look into my youth system. Should probably do it a bit more. He looks ace mate!

First thing i always do is improve the recruitment network, nice to have some 4-5 star potential players coming through the ranks instead of paying 10-15m for other peoples!

I never look into my youth system. Should probably do it a bit more. He looks ace mate!

First thing i always do is improve the recruitment network, nice to have some 4-5 star potential players coming through the ranks instead of paying 10-15m for other peoples!

Same and Junior coaching, it's vital in this game to bring through some good regens

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I'm wondering why I always get an estimated game speed of half a star and my games always seem to take forever to get through each week. I'm playing on a pretty new laptop, so I'm wondering why this happens? (I usually play one or two countries playable, maybe five leagues max)

Got this player through my youth system in the first season, my aim is to have him break Charlie Aitken's appearances record, which I worked out if he plays until he's 36 he needs an average of 28 games per season.

Introducing future Villa legend Oliver Lynch...

nfc7.jpg

and just 6 months later

g2lm.jpg

currently has 10 appearances, I'm looking forward to building a team around this guy!

Need to work on his strength a lot.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make a lasting save? I get bored far too easily, rarely making it past Christmas in the first season. I must have about 10 different saves so far.

Try Athletic Bilbao. I have one game with them on each FM-version. It's a lot of fun. You can only sign Basque players, but you can also sign Spanish U16 players, as they will get a Basque passport when signing. In other words you are completely reliant on your youth academy and devloping the decent talents you manage to get before they turn 17. Getting in good tutors and coaches and making the development go as quick as possible is very important so there is no fall off when the first team players retire.

It also means you might have to change your system in accordance with what type of players that comes through, and will also probably mean that you end up sticking with the players you've got for much longer. With other teams I usually sell players when they turn 29 to make a profit and clear the way for the endless amount of excellent regens around, but so far in this save I've used Iraola, Aduritz and Arteta until they were 36 and their pace was around 5, changing their instructions to suit their abilities.

I've had great youth intakes and managed to snatch quite a few decent youngsters. My team is pretty good. I'm regularly losing to Barca and Real, but beating them for consistency. My last 4 seasons have been decided on the last weekend (two in my favor and two heartbreaks). I currently have 7 wonderkids in and around the team, as they have just begun to really break through. I've been lucky as I've gotten great coverage, with talents in all positions, and where it has been lacking I've been able to retrain players.

I got bored with Villa after 5 seasons, but I'm in my 6th season with Bilbao now and I have no intention of quitting. As for the future there is worry ahead (which is probably why I enjoy it so much)... I've relied heavily on a target man striker, first Aduriz and now Llorente in a 4411-system. Llorente is coming to the end of his career though, and the only strikers I've gotten through with potential are quick dribblers. Last season Llorente's stamina had fallen so much he couldn't play two games a week anymore and I had to change up. I switched to a 442 where Llorente is less prominent and it requires less work from him, and after a bit of tweaking it started to really pay off as Llorente ended the season with 38 league goals and his strikepartner ended on 25. The team scored around 115 league goals and it was an absolute joy to watch. But I don't know where to go from there. Llorente will probably be able to do a decent job this season too, but he is no longer dominating physically, so I have to find a way to play with just quick strikers, but so far all my tinkering has been fruitless.

Love this game...  a bit too much!

Edited by tarjei

Andy, how is the update coming along?

Where is best to upload it to?

Mediafire?

Andy - have you had chance to upload this somewhere yet? Holding off on starting a game for now... Would be massively appreciated if you're still up for sharing it. Thanks!

What are the laptop specs? Half a star seems incredibly low even for an old laptop.

Processor  Intel® Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    6.00 GB

I don't know what other specs to put, there's a ton on the system information page, I don't want to list them all.

My issue is that sometimes the game goes really slow and gives me a computer performance of half a star if i go to set up a game, whereas other times like yesterday the game went really fast and when i went to the set up a game page it gave me a computer performance of five stars. that doesn't make any sense to me

Â