Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

How do you double unlimited?
Ive had unlimited for years, doesn’t every company basically do unlimited these days?

Sorry I wasn’t being clear.

You get double the data on the mobile phone contract. The cheapest one comes with 10gb doubled to 20gb which is more than enough for me.

The broadband speed gets increased to the next tier, I had 200mb which is increased to 350mb.

Here’s the details.

When your household is with Virgin Media and O2, you’ll get the following:

supercharged speeds, data and WiFi, meaning double the mobile data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your household

a broadband speed boost to the next available level (up to a max of 1Gbps)

WiFi guarantee included at no extra cost and up to three WiFi pods if needed

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone, where you can roam in 75 destinations at no extra cost.

Travel inclusive zone includes USA, Australia, Canada etc.

link

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Sorry I wasn’t being clear.

You get double the data on the mobile phone contract. The cheapest one comes with 10gb doubled to 20gb which is more than enough for me.

The broadband speed gets increased to the next tier, I had 200mb which is increased to 350mb.

Yeah I presumed you were talking about mobiles. I’ve had unlimited data for years, doesn’t everyone on a contract have that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Unlimited data on mobile phone contracts if far from the norm. 

That’s why I was asking because I’ve had unlimited for years, I didn’t realise most contracts were no longer that.

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

That’s why I was asking because I’ve had unlimited for years, I didn’t realise most contract were no longer that.

I guess in your line of work you’re running data all day long so makes sense.

Just now, Genie said:

I guess in your line of work you’re running data all day long so makes sense.

No not really, I don’t run much data through my phone apart from Spotify and general browsing. Probably use between 5-10 Gig a month. It’s years since I had new contract but I'm waiting for the new iPhone and will be getting a new contract then, so it’s useful to know I can get it cheaper by limiting the data. Even when I went out of contract and went into a monthly rolling contract, it was just unlimited data. That seemed to be the deal, there was no offer of smaller data amounts

3 hours ago, bickster said:

The missus is watching the tennis. I'm having to feign at least a passing interest 🥱

I'm deliberately calling the world number one Alcatraz to get my own back ;) 

You'll be lucky to escape from that. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

No not really, I don’t run much data through my phone apart from Spotify and general browsing. Probably use between 5-10 Gig a month. It’s years since I had new contract but I'm waiting for the new iPhone and will be getting a new contract then, so it’s useful to know I can get it cheaper by limiting the data. Even when I went out of contract and went into a monthly rolling contract, it was just unlimited data. That seemed to be the deal, there was no offer of smaller data amounts

I guess they assume you need it if you have it already. Do you have Virgin Media? If so you could look at the O2 sim only tariffs, then you’ll get the data doubled, then buy the iphone with a 0% credit card and pay it off over a convenient period. I guess it’ll work out cheaper.

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess they assume you need it if you have it already. Do you have Virgin Media? If so you could look at the O2 sim only tariffs, then you’ll get the data doubled, then buy the iphone with a 0% credit card and pay it off over a convenient period. I guess it’ll work out cheaper.

Nah, need 2 phones because the missus needs a new one more desperately than me

• Like 1

I wasn't sure where to put it but I'll go for here as it has pissed me off, and I wasn't even there!

My Mrs met her parents with the kids today while i was at work. They were going to get something to eat at Pizza Express. They couldn't have a table, not because they were full, it was because there was 5 of them. If they were a 4 or a 6 they could be seated. I know they would ideally rather 6 at a table than 5 but that seems one crazy policy.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I wasn't sure where to put it but I'll go for here as it has pissed me off, and I wasn't even there!

My Mrs met her parents with the kids today while i was at work. They were going to get something to eat at Pizza Express. They couldn't have a table, not because they were full, it was because there was 5 of them. If they were a 4 or a 6 they could be seated. I know they would ideally rather 6 at a table than 5 but that seems one crazy policy.

That's awful. If nothing else it's bias against single parent families. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

That’s mental, they turned away 5 meals because a 6 seat table wouldn’t be fully occupied? That’s crazy. I’d write them a complaint (not really, I’m too lazy).

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s mental, they turned away 5 meals because a 6 seat table wouldn’t be fully occupied? That’s crazy. I’d write them a complaint (not really, I’m too lazy).

Yeah exactly that. They lost out on what probably best part of £100? There were still empty tables when they came out of the place they went to instead. No idea whether it was their policy or an inexperienced member of staff that didn't have a clue. I think I probably would have written a complaint had I experienced it. 

It's not a place I'm ever keen to go in anyway but our daughter is coeliac so it can sometimes be a bit tricky to find a decent place for her if we haven't sussed out the areas pubs/restaurants and they do gluten free pizza and pasta so she has a bit of choice.

• Like 2

The Zoopla advert where they get embarrassed because they asked how much their friends bought their house for.  I've never known it to be a taboo subject, people seem more than willing to let you know what the price was, either because they want to show off how well-off they are or what a bargain they got.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

The Zoopla advert where they get embarrassed because they asked how much their friends bought their house for.  I've never known it to be a taboo subject, people seem more than willing to let you know what the price was, either because they want to show off how well-off they are or what a bargain they got.

Or the one where they don’t realise how much their house has gone up in value and decide to move house… they all went up in price, not just yours!

• Like 3

Â