Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I appear to have pissed off a few of my work colleagues with BOF's Bin Laden / Madeline McCann joke on fb.

Oh well, the colleague cull will begin in earnest this week. Humourless scousers, who'd have thunked it

I appear to have pissed off a few of my work colleagues with BOF's Bin Laden / Madeline McCann joke on fb.

Oh well, the colleague cull will begin in earnest this week. Humourless scousers, who'd have thunked it

What was the joke?

What was the joke?

Maddy McCann now becomes the unofficial hide and seek champion

People using the Phonetic Alphabet, here's an example.

"I'll read out the serial number to you"

'Okay, ready'

"Romeo Foxtrot Hotel Alpha 1..."

"... what?"

Simply saying the letters can be very confusing. F & S, M & N, C B D &T, etc can often be misheard. When dealing with addresses, registration plates etc over the phone / radio etc sometimes it is crucial to use the phonetic alphabet.

'Okay, ready'

"... what?"

Simply saying the letters can be very confusing. F & S, M & N, C B D &T, etc can often be misheard. When dealing with addresses, registration plates etc over the phone / radio etc sometimes it is crucial to use the phonetic alphabet.

The guy was sat next to me in this case, anyway, if people were as well spoken as me and pronounced things clearly, we'd have no problem :)

The fact that because I work in IT my parents think I know EVERYTHING about anything even slightly related to computers or the internet.

"Why isn't this website working?!"

"Have you tried refreshing the page?"

"No... *refreshes page* it's still not working"

"Maybe the website is just down"

"Why?"

"I sent this bloke an email 10 minutes ago and he still hasn't replied!"

"Maybe he just hasn't checked his emails yet"

"Well he's a f***ing rocket polisher then isn't he!?" *goes and sulks in another room*

'Okay, ready'

"... what?"

The guy was sat next to me in this case, anyway, if people were as well spoken as me and pronounced things clearly, we'd have no problem :)

Doesn't matter how well spoken you are, the other person may have impaired hearing be it naturally or artificially (on the phone / background noise etc). When precision is required you need the phonetic alphabet.

It is definitely a post worthy of the topic though, it really shouldn't piss you off :mrgreen:

Oh yes my parents are the same...

The internet went down about a week ago and my dad said (when it came up) "oh my Laptop loaded up faster, it must be a better connection"

No dad... no... lol

Â